Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 17

 

On a Monday morning, in the conference room, Yunho and several other senior management staffs were discussing about the expansion project of red ocean in Tokyo.

 

"Yunho, I don’t doubt your ability to manage this hotel and have great faith in you bringing red ocean to the next level but I have to disagree with you on this topic matter. We need that land." One of the senior management staff said.

 

"That land is perfect for our expansion planned. Our hotel will be on the water and there are many beautiful island around which will attract many tourists. Yunho, I don’t know why you are so hesitant about taking that land?" Another senior management staff said, agreeing with the first.

 

"Because peoples homes are there. How do you compensate for people’s childhood memories or their homes that were built by their ancestors or their father? How much are we willing to pay for something like that?" Yunho said strongly, not agreeing with either idea.

 

"Yunho, when did you become so soft? We are businessmen, we do business. If we don’t do something quick then our rival, L Hotel, will snatch it out of our hands. This is a great opportunity for us." The third senior management staff spoke up.

 

"Enough." Yunho said, standing up from his chair, "I will personally go to Tokyo next week and make my final decision then. End of meeting."

 

Yunho was frustrated with all these senior management staff pushing him to do something he didn't want to. The land they were referring to is the land that is along the coast of Tokyo. This land is inhabited by fishermen and their families. Yunho had been to the area when he was still in Tokyo, studying. He remembered it to be a very beautiful and peaceful place. He hadn’t been back there in years. Somehow, the idea of destroying this small fishing village made him very sad, although, deep down, he knows that this new development will improve red ocean's status even more in the hotel industry.

 

Running his hand through his hair, he walked towards his office. He was exhausted from the meeting. These senior management staff were so hard to please. They have been around since the hotel started and are good friends with his dad so Yunho must respect them. Since Yunho took over, Mr. Jung rarely intervene in the hotel’s business. He comes in once in awhile but other then that, Yunho seldom bothered his dad with business mattered. Standing at his desk and looking out towards the river like he always did when he wanted to relax, he saw a familiar figure walking towards the river.

 

'It’s her again.' Yunho thought, surprised.

 

Yunho tried to look harder but still, because of the far distance and the girl looking down at the river, he couldn't see her face. Yunho was contemplating on whether to go down and finally meet this mystery girl or not. There was something in him that really wants to meet this girl that he doesn’t even know but a part of him feels guilty for wanting to go meet another girl. He is a married man. He can’t just go up to any random girls anymore. Besides, his relationship with Tiffany had improved a lot since his birthday so he didn’t want to ruin that. Still looking down at the back of the girl, he started to smiled slightly to himself before turning around to start working on the pile of documents that were lying patiently on his desk.

 

"Fany. There you are. I knew I would find you here." Taeyeon said, walking towards Tiffany.

 

Turning around, Tiffany came face to face with Taeyeon, "Tae."

 

"Why are you sitting here all by yourself? Where is that y hubby of yours?" Taeyeon asked, grinning.

 

Hearing what Taeyeon asked of her, Tiffany started to panic as she looked around to see if anyone was nearby before turning to looked at her, whispering "Tae, you know you aren't supposed to say that. No one is supposed to know."

 

"I'm sorry but what are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked curiously.

 

"I just found out from my director that I have to present my proposal later this evening to the senior management staff. I’m not even prepared. Usually, the director deals with upper officials. He said he wanted to introduce Victoria and me to the upper level so we can get more experiences. I was so nervous and frustrated that I decide to come to my favorite place of the hotel. My river."

 

"Does this upper management group include our beloved general manager?"

 

Tiffany nodded slowly, confirming Taeyeon's question. Will she be comfortable presenting in front of Yunho? And those people in the management department, what are they like? Rumor has it that management is very hard to pleases.

 

"Come on, let’s go back. If you have to do it then you must prepared yourself. I have to go to a meeting soon also." Taeyeon said, as the best friends headed back to their respective apartments, chatting happily.

 

Around three-fifty, Seohyun called Yunho through the phone intercom to remind him of a meeting in the conference room. Yunho knew that someone in the advertising department will present a new ad campaign proposal. He had expected it to be the advertising director because he had always been the one to represent his department to upper management. Gathering his files, he headed towards the conference room. Once he got there, he was surprised to see Tiffany in the room also, setting up her presentation. Victoria and the advertising director were also there, along with the senior management staff.

 

"Mr. Jung, I hope you don’t mind. I have decided to let our new junior adverting manger do the presentation today. She is quite new and I figure this will give her good experiences." The advertising director said.

 

"No, I think it’s a great idea." Yunho said, smiling at Tiffany.

 

"Tiffany, you have met the other people already. Now, this is the big boss, general manager Yunho Jung. Mr. Jung, this is Tiffany Hwang."

 

"It’s a pleasure to finally meet the famous general manager Jung." Tiffany said smiling, sticking her hand out for a handshake.

 

Yunho was quite amused by this unexpected meeting with his wife. Chuckling, he returned Tiffany's handshake. As the meeting began, Tiffany started to presented her proposal flawlessly. Everyone was impressed by her professionalism and creative ideas. For Yunho, he couldn’t take his eyes off of her the entire time she was presenting. At that moment, seeing how professional Tiffany was, doing her first presentation, made Yunho very proud and the fact that she is his wife, made him smiled to himself secretly.

 

When the meeting ended, people started leaving the conference room but a young man in his early twenties approached Tiffany and started to talk to her, offering Tiffany any help she needed in carrying out her campaign, "Oh, that would be great. Thank you. I would love extra help." Tiffany said happily, smiling.

 

"Your idea is brilliant. I think it will be a success. Just let me know what you need and I will be at your services." Hwang Ji Tao said, grinning.

 

Seeing what was going on in front of him, Yunho couldn't help but be upset. Why must Tiffany always have guys around her? This is work, for goodness sake.

 

Walking towards them, Yunho started to clear his throat loudly, alerting the other two of his presense, "Miss Hwang, wonderful presentation. Tao, I see you also enjoyed the presentation very much."

 

"Um...Mr. Hwang here is just giving me pointers and offered to help with the project." Tiffany said, worried that Yunho might get upset.

 

"Well, I think that’s a great idea. Tao will be a great resources for your project." Yunho said, forcing on a smile, "Once again, good work Miss Hwang." Yunho added, giving her a geniue smile.

 

With that, Yunho left the conference room before he exploded. He was upset at himself for getting jealous at every guy that talks to Tiffany.

 

'This is ridiculous. I must learn to trust her but then again, can any women be trusted? Oh, and about the trip to Tokyo, I have to tell her about it tonight.' Yunho thought.