Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 1

 

A green audi a4 pulled up to a big red bricked victorian mansion as the sun was just about to set. The mansion stood tall and proud among the other mansions in the neighborhood. The beautiful and stately garden that surrounded the house radiates a sense of peace and tranquility about the place with its multitude of colors. The young man in his late twenties stepped out of the car and looked up at the white balcony through his shiny gold under armour hi-roll sunglasses that faces the driveway. He was wearing a indigo color michael kors tailored garment dye linen shirt tucked into sulfur pale sand ag adriano goldschmied graduate tailored leg linen five-pocket pants with black leather bostonian greer step shoes. He let out a little smile as he reminisce about the time before he left for the Tokyo, Japan. How he missed his family. It’s been three years since he has been back and the place looks and feels the same. The homely feeling stirred a senses of happiness within him. This is the house he grew up in with so many fond childhood memories. As he was still admiring the lovely mansion, the front white double door swung open and a young slender woman ran up and gave him a big hug with full force.

 

“Oh my goodness! Yunho Oppa, we weren’t expecting you until tomorrow afternoon! I’m so happy to see you! I miss you so much!” Jung Eunji, his younger sister, exclaimed.

 

Yunho was still trying to balance himself with his sister clinging tightly around him. He started to chuckled.

 

“Eunji, you aren't a little girl anymore. You almost knocked me over. Yes, I miss you too, little one.”

 

Although Yunho calls Eunji 'little one', she is a woman in her early twenties. However, he has always referred to his little sister by this nickname; therefore, it's very hard for him to change, although he knows that she's a grown woman now.

 

“Young master, welcome back. Let me help you with your luggage.” The bulter said excitedly.

 

“Thanks, uncle Jae. How have you been?” Yunho asked.

 

“I have been very well. My daughter just got married last month. It was so grande and beautiful. Oh, young master, I wish you were there.” Jae said happily.

 

“Well, congratulations to your daughter and her husband.”

 

Yunho and his butler had a very good relationship. He had been working for his family for over fifteen years. Jae’s wife died eight years ago. Before his wife died, he and his wife and only daughter lived with the Jung's. They had their own living quarter in the back house. His daughter left the Jung residence when she was eighteen years old to find a job in the city.

 

“Where's mom and dad?” Yunho asked.

 

“They didn’t know you were coming home tonight so they went out to dinner. They should be back soon. By the way, how come you are home so early?” Eunji asked.

 

Yunho really admired his parent’s relationship. They had been married over thirties years and still so affectionate towards each other. They were in their mid-fifties but they still go out on a date at least once a week regardless of how busy they are. He remembered one time he had teased his dad about his little rendezvous with his mom.

 

His dad had replied, “Son, it’s easy to fall in love but it’s very hard to stay in love. It's always a work in progress. Both parties must work hard to maintain the relationship; otherwise, it will not be able to endure life’s hardship and trials. Your mom and I have worked very hard all of our lives but we always save some time for each other. We didn’t always have money, you know, but it’s the love that helped us endure all of our problems and helped us to where we are today. We learned to cherish each other. So now that we have more time, we like to enjoy it. Son, when you get married you will know.”

 

Yunho chuckled, 'Hah! When I get married? That is definitely not going to happen anytime soon.' He thought to himself, as he remembered his dad’s wise words about marriage.

 

Back to his sister’s question, “Oh, I was able to catch an earlier flight so I decided to do that to surprises everyone. Well, I’m beat. I’m going to go unpack and take a nap before mom and dad gets home.”

 

“Oppa, do you need any help? Why don’t you just rest first? It’s been a long flight for you. Pack later. I will wake you up when mom and dad gets home.”

 

Yunho walked up the white marble stairs to the second floor and open the door to the right. The room was neatly organized with sophisticated decorations. The king sized bed lay along the double french door that led to the balcony. Between the bed and the french door was a dark velvet chair with light ts. Next to his bed was two modern-styled nightstand. His working desk was facing the balcony because he enjoyed looking at the scene in the daytime or admire the night sky when he work. His walk-in closet was next to the entertainment center that faces the opposite of his bed. Looking down at his luggage on the floor, Yunho grimace, “I will do that later.” He looked at the picture of him in front of hotel red ocean hanging on the wall near the entertainment center. He was glad to be back and was looking forward to going back to red ocean. He smiled to himself. Yunho went to open the french door and then lay down in his bed. The cool dusk air soothed Yunho into a long, peaceful nap.

 

“I got the job! I got the job!” Tiffany exclaimed. These were the first words that her brother and parents heard before they even saw the petite woman enter the front door. Her loud and excited voice filled the living room as she swung the door open to tell her family of the good news.

 

“That’s wonderful!” They all said in unison.

 

Tiffany was dress in a passion pink french connection super stretch dress with mid pink satin adrienne vittadini glass heels. She had her mid-back length, dark brown, straight hair down with with some bangs.

 

Her family was eating dinner when she had interrupted them with her good news.

 

“Come and eat, honey, and tell us about this new job.” Mr. Hwang said, as he ate his vegatables.

 

Tiffany told them that she just got a job as a junior advertising manager at one of the top hotel in Korea, Hotel Red Ocean. She will start this coming Monday. She was very excited about this opportunity because of the reputation of the hotel. It was such a grand and elegant hotel, furnished with very elegant furniture. The extravagant of the place would make any guests feel like royalty. What she loved most about the hotel is that it lies along a very beautiful river. She went along the river after her interview for the job and just fell in love with the whole place.

 

“Who would want to hired you? That company must be desperate.” Chansung Hwang teased.

 

“For your information, I think hotel red ocean is the lucky one to hired such a gorgeous, smart and talented worker like me.” Tiffany said, giving her brother a wide smile.

 

After dinner, Tiffany hugged her parents, getting ready to go back to her apartment.

 

“Tiffany, why don’t you take some food back for Taeyeon, too.” Mrs. Hwang said. Kim Taeyeon was Tiffany's best friend and roommate.

 

“Okay.” She said, and went to pack up some food and left.

 

Her apartment was just a fifteen minute drive from her parent’s house. Opening her white BMW mini cooper car, she carefully set the food inside. Tiffany was known for being clumsy so she had to be extra careful when it comes to holding anything that has the potential to fall or spill anywhere which she end up with the name ddilfany/clusmy fany.

 

“Hey, Tae. I got food for you.”

 

The apartment was very nice and cozy with very modern decoration. It wasn't very big but not small either, “Yummy. I can smell it the moment you stepped in already.” Taeyeon said. She was still drying her short, shoulder-length brown hair as she was walking out of her room, wearing a periwinkle damask bedhead classic pajamas.

 

“I’m so happy for you about the new job. I guess I didn’t get the position I applied for then since I haven’t heard from them yet.” Taeyeon said sadly.

 

“Maybe the marketing department is just slower at these things. Give it a few more days.” Tiffany said, trying to console her best friend.

 

Sitting down, Taeyeon ate the food that Tiffany brought home for her feeling disappointed about her job but still, she was very happy for her friend.

 

While Taeyeon ate, Tiffany went into her room. Tiffany's room was in the far back. Her room was spacious and she had numerous of pictures of her and her friends from college. She made several collagues of her friends and family and hung them on her wall. Her most favorite thing about her room was that the balcony was facing the lake in the back. Her favorite thing to do every night is to go onto the balcony and gaze at the sky before going to bed. Somehow, it made her feel refresh and relaxed.

 

Walking out into the balcony, Tiffany looked up at the illuminated night sky. She smiled and prayed that her new job will be all she hope it to be.