Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 6

 

“Fany, your a genius. After that, I don’t think any guy will want to marry you.” Taeyeon said, laughing, not believing what Tiffany is going to do to this poor guy she was supposed to marry.

 

“Well, since I can’t directly go against my parents wishes, the only way out of this is for the guy to back out first. That way, my family won’t have the bad name of not honoring their words. So, I might be seen as crazy and wild but honestly, what are the chances that I will meet him again, after this whole thing is over. If he's any normal guy, he would run so fast he won't even glance back.” Tiffany said, with a very satisfied grin on her face.

 

After her little time at the river, Tiffany almost gave in to her predetermined destiny but being the independent and strong girl that she is, she decided to at least fight for her future and happiness one more time. It was then that she came up with a plan that is sure to be a success to get herself out of this dilemma or so she thinks. Stepping out of the elevator after her shift was over, she started walking towards her car. Yunho was also walking towards his car which was parked next to Tiffany's but from the opposite direction.

 

Getting into the car, Tiffany was just about to put the keys into the ignition but she ended up dropping it into the side of the driver seat. Bending down, Tiffany tried to take it out. Unknown to her, while she was trying to get her keys, Yunho got into his car and drove off.

 

Tonight was the night that Tiffany will carry out her plan because tonight is the dreadful night that both families will meet up. Looking at herself in the mirror, she was very satisfied with her appearance.

 

“Perfect! This is exactly what I want!” Tiffany exclaimed.

 

“It won’t be that bad. Besides, dad said that he has met her and really likes her.” Yunho said, assuring himself that he was making the right decision.

 

Once he was done, he came out of his room wearing a medium blue boss 'james/sharp' trim fit wool suit. Walking down the stairs, he could already feel an uneasy feeling in his stomach, not knowing if he will regret this decision later on.

 

Fifteen minutes later, the Jung's arrived at Kum Gang San restaurant before the Hwang's. They were sitting in the back of the restaurant that was overlooking a graceful waterfall with a piano nearby. The atmosphere of the restaurant along with the soothing sound of the waterfall made the restaurant very peaceful and elegant.

 

Yunho sat in his chair quietly, not really listening to what his parents were saying. He started to move uneasily in his chair with his back facing the waterfall, near the entrances. He felt as if he was sitting, waiting for a prison sentences.

 

Looking up, Mr. Jung immediately spotted his friends just when the Hwang's first walked into the restaurant, "Changho, over here." Mr. Jung said, waving his hand.

 

“Tiffany, stay calm. You can do this. It will all be over soon.” Tiffany said, assuring herself.

 

Yunho slowly turned around to see the peoples that were approaching their table. It was then that he saw his future bride, 'She is very gorgeous.' He thought, with a great figured and those beautiful eyes that are so adorable and gorgeous. Next, he noticed that she was wearing a rose alex evening sequin lace pleated dress and jacket, 'For such a gorgeous girl, she dresses like a conservative old lady.' He thought. The only elegant part of her outfit is her red marc fisher nalora dress sandal that fitted her feet perfectly. Although Yunho can’t deny the fact that Tiffany is a gorgeous and beautiful woman, he didn’t have any special feelings at that moment. Maybe it was because he was so used to dating those women that are like models that seeing Tiffany didn't arouses any special emotions in him. He was just thankful that she is beautiful and didn't resemble the woman that he had repeatedly seen in his nightmares. However, there is something familiar about Tiffany that Yunho couldn't point out.

 

The outfit was very sophisticated, making Tiffany looked very mature. When Tiffany left the house with her parents, Mrs. Hwang thought that she only wanted to make a good impression on her future-in-laws by showing them that she is a mature woman because she knows that this is definitely not her daughter’s style. Little did she know that Tiffany had an alternative motive.

 

Tiffany's first impression of Yunho wasn't too striking either. She had seen many rich and good-looking men at her school so to her, Yunho is just like one of those guys that she didn't bother paying attention to back then. All they knew how to do is flaunt their money, thinking that all women in this world will swoon at their feet. Tiffany knows that it may be true for some women but not for her.

 

The two families sat down and started chatting happily, leaving Tiffany and Yunho, who were sitting across from one another in an uncomfortable silence. Tiffany respectfully answered all of Mr. and Mrs. Jung’s questions about her education and work, making the Jung very pleased with their future daughter-in-law. It was then that they all found out that Tiffany worked at the Jung’s hotel, red ocean.

 

“It’s fate. Don’t you see, you both are meant to be together.” Mr. Jung said, smiling.

 

'If it’s fate, how come we never saw each other?' Both, Tiffany and Yunho thought to themselves.

 

'Oh, no. We work at the same place and he’s the general manager. This is going to make things more complicated. Should I continued with my plan? Yes. If worst comes to worst, I will just go find another job. This is my happiness and nothing is more important than that.' Tiffany thought.

 

Whenever their eyes will meet, they will both give each other a polite nod and smiled. After dinner was over, the elders suggested that since it was still early, Yunho and Tiffany should go out and get to know each other better. Immediately, Tiffany agreed to the idea because now, she can start her plan. Yunho, on the other hand, was a little hesitant but smiled and just nodded at the idea.

 

Leaving the parents to continued their chatting, the couples left the restaurant in Yunho's car.