Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 13

 

While lying in bed, Yunho had been contemplating on what he should do and was waiting for Tiffany to come out from the bathroom but the long day had worn him out so much that he didn’t even realized when he fell asleep. Nervously, Tiffany walked out of the bathroom to find Yunho fast asleep. For the first time since that day, she can feel herself relaxing, seeing that nothing will happened that night. Walking towards the bed, she climbed into the empty spot next to Yunho who was now her husband. Lying down beside him, she turned to her side to looked at him, examining the features of his face. He looked so peaceful and resemble a little boy when he was asleep. When Yunho started to stir a little, Tiffany panic and quickly looked away. To Tiffany's relief, Yunho didn't wake up. Turning to the side, Tiffany turned off the lights. Throughout the whole night, Tiffany stayed close to the edge of the bed.

 

When the sun came up, it shone through the double french door, shining direct sunlight into the sleeping couple. Yunho stirred around, wincing at the sunlight. Trying to move so that the sunlight wouldn't bother him anymore, he felt something heavy, preventing him from moving freely. Popping his eyes opened, he looked down to see Tiffany's arms stretch across this abdomen. She was snuggle up close to his side and seem to be deep asleep. Afraid to wake her up, Yunho didn't stirred but looked down at his wife, Tiffany, before lifting his hands up slowly and tenderly moved some strands of her hair away from her face.

 

'Tiffany, what are you dreaming about right now? I'm willing to try to make this work if you will. Is there a future in store for us?'

 

With that thought, Tiffany started moving around and snuggled closer to Yunho, making a warm feeling stirred inside of him. Gently, he bought Tiffany's hand up to his eye sight, examining the 1/2 ct t.w. certified diamond solitaire enhancer in 14k white gold wedding ring on her long finger. He then looked down at his own 1/10 ct t.w. diamond three stone in 10k gold wedding band. Bringing her hand to his heart-shaped lips, he softly kissed her hand before closing his eyes again.

 

Since it was a sunday morning, the couple was supposed to visit the in-laws, as it was tradition for the newlyweds to pay their respects to the parents the day after their wedding. They had decided to postponed the honeymoon because Yunho had to work on an important project.

 

"Tiffany, it’s time to get up. We have to visit your parents and mine." Yunho said, nudging her lightly on the shoulder.

 

"Tae, give me a few more minutes." Tiffany said groggily.

 

A little amused at his little wife, Yunho smiled at her childishness.

 

"Tiffany, hey, sleepyhead, get up. It’s nine o’clock already." Yunho said, shaking Tiffany.

 

Rubbing her eyes awake, Tiffany was startled to see Yunho when everything around her became clear. She had forgotten where she was and that she got married yesterday. Embarrassed by her sleepy nature and her sleeping pajamas, she pulled the blanket closer to her s-line body.

 

"I’m going downstairs. I told mom and dad that we will be there around ten."

 

After Yunho had gone downstairs, Tiffany got up from the bed and went straight to the bathroom. After fifteen minutes, she emerged from the room to join Yunho in the dining room.

 

"Um...We haven’t gone grocery shopping yet so there’s nothing to eat. I guess we have to eat over at mom and dad."

 

With that said, they both left the house and drove over to the Jung's then afterwards, paid their respect to the Hwang's. Throughout the whole day, while paying their respect to the in-laws, Tiffany and Yunho had acted like a loving couple because of Mr. Hwang's health.

 

Late in the evening, Tiffany and Yunho finally got home. After a refreshing shower, Tiffany climbed into bed, reading a book. Since Yunho had showered before her, he was downstairs in his office, working. This was how the newlyweds spend most of their nights. Besides for some polite conversations, they didn't interfere with each others affairs.

 

While going to work, Tiffany and Yunho also drove separately.

 

"No, if we go together, people will get suspicious and I don’t want gossips. Oh, don’t forget to remove your wedding ring. People will start to question why you have a wedding ring seemingly overnight." Tiffany said, when Yunho had insisted on them going together.

 

Not wanting to argue with Tiffany, Yunho did everything she said. Since then, they had been driving to work separately. They rarely saw each other at work and when they do meet, they treated each other politely like manager and employee.

 

As days turn to months, Tiffany started to feel uncomfortable with her marriage life with Yunho. They were like two strangers, sharing the same house. Although they see each other, they don’t talk like a normal married couple, making her feel more miserable. Lately, she had been going over to Taeyeon's apartment more often since she didn’t know how to deal with Yunho anymore. There were times when she wanted to talk to him and try to get to know him more but he always seems so tired and not in the mood. All he wanted to do when he get home is hide in his office and work until it was late into the night. This wasn't what she had envisioned her marriage to be like.

 

As for Yunho, he hasn’t been too happy with the way things were going between Tiffany and him either. Tiffany always goes over to either Taeyeon's place, her sister or her parents. She was rarely home at night anymore. When she comes home late at night, she would go straight to bed. There is never a time for them to talk. Since he didn’t want to deal with the silence in the bedroom, he goes downstairs to his office and work. Sometimes, he wondered if his wife is actually at the places she claimed to be. Is she going out and partying again? Is she tired of marriage life already and wants to go back to the carefree and no responsibility lifestyle that she had once said she enjoyed so much?

 

A/N: i'm sorry i wasn't able to update yesterday since it was memorial day and i was spending time with my family and younger sister who came down from Oklahoma.