Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 2

 

"You can do this, Tiffany Hwang." Tiffany said to herself, giving herself a pep talk in front of the mirror on a beautiful Monday morning.

 

"Hmmm, not bad." She said to herself, looking down at the blue birdie brigitte bailey lola shift dress. She had her hair up in a y bun with some loose bangs in the front. She looked professional but not boring or overly sophisticated. Her gold/blue opal vince camuto hoop with stone accent earrings made her outfit very chic and stylish. As she rushed out the door, she slipped into a pair of white steve madden feliz reptile sandal heels.

 

"Good luck!" Taeyeon shouted, from her bedroom.

 

"Thanks. Now, go back to sleep." Tiffany said.

 

After a fifteen minute drive, she pulled into the employee parking lot of hotel red ocean. She had to arrived early today because it was her first day in training. After weeks of training, she can come in at nine. She was waiting for the elevator in the west wing of the hotel to take her to the eighth floor, the advertising and marketing department. The west wing was where most of the offices were. The elevator was packed when it swung open for Tiffany.

 

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Thank you. I'm sorry." Tiffany said, as she tried to get into the elevator. She noticed that most of the people were very well dressed and were very professional looking. The three girls next to her were wearing very elegant uniforms. She suspected they are from the customer services department or works in the front desk dealing directly with the hotel guests. The elevator was so crowded that Tiffany was starting to feel nauseous. There were several people behind her and the three girls. Unknown to her, a young man who will one day be a very important figured in her life was in the back of the elevator, waiting patiently to go up to the top floor.

 

Once the elevator stop at the eighth floor, Tiffany and several other people got off.

 

"Next time, I’m going to come in a little bit earlier so I don’t have to deal with this crowd." Yunho groan, as he stepped onto the senior management floor.

 

"Yunho, welcome back. You look great. Now that you are back, this old man can take a break." Jung Kyunggu, Yunho's uncle, greeted.

 

Yunho greeted his uncle cheerfully. He was very thankful for his uncle for helping him take over his position while he was abroad, studying. As he walked towards his office, many staffs stared at their new, strong and handsome general manger. Although he had been the general manger for five months, many new workers had never met Yunho who was wearing a black canali classic fit wool suit with a blue burberry london 'regent' woven silk tie. His short light brown hair was combed to the side neatly. He smiled happily as he passed by each staff. Some greeted him and some old workers welcomed him back before he walked into his old office. The office was spacious and the whole back wall of the office was tinted which allowed a great view of the beautiful and serene river that ran along the hotel below. There was a nice big brown leather couch facing his working desk, with a mini bar next to it, "Back to work." He said, with a satisfying smile and began to grabbed a folder among the pile of documents that had accumulated his desk.

 

Tiffany was given a stack of folders to study, from company policies to past advertising campaigned as part of her training. She was given a nice office that also face the back of the hotel with the river view. She had spent the last eight hours looking through the documents and was very impressed with all the worked the hotel has done and is so fascinated by all the clever ads that she forgot that it was lunch time until...

 

"Tiffany, it’s time for lunch." Sulli reminded, poking her head into Tiffany's office.

 

Choi Sulli was promoted to senior advertising manager from Tiffany's current position after the senior manager retired. Sulli was a young lady around the age of twenty-one and was very friendly. Her office was right next to Tiffany's. Aside from the advertising manger, the one with the most authority in the department is the advertising director who reports directly to upper management. The advertising director was a man of thirty-five who is very conservative and is a great leader in the department.

 

Tiffany looked up and smiled, "Okay. I will go to lunch in a little bit. Thanks."

 

Looking down at her flamingo pink kate spade new york 'metro - somewhere' leather strap watch, Tiffany saw that it was exactly noon which means she gets 1.5 hour of lunch break. Grabbing some folders, Tiffany headed out for lunch. She was planning to finished reading during her lunch break.

 

After a delicious bite at a café near the hotel, she rushed back to work. As she was walking back, one of her heels got stuck in a crack on the sidewalk. Trying to juggle all her folders in one hand and getting her heel out of the crack in the other, she finally lost her balance and all her folders went flying around her.

 

"Great." Tiffany said, distraughted. After what seemed like a long time, she was able to get her shoe out, only to find that the heel had broke. She put the shoe back on and wobble around, trying to collect all of her documents, "Oh, no! It’s almost one-thirty!" Tiffany exclaimed. She didn't want to make a bad impression on her first day for coming back to work late. She ran and wobble back into the hotel. Although the café was about eight blocks away from the hotel, it took Tiffany a little longer.

 

"Please wait?!" Tiffany exclaimed, seeing that the elevator was closing.

 

The man in the elevator pushed the button to keep the elevator door open as Tiffany dashes into the elevator but lost her balance again, and all her documents landed all over the elevator floor. Bending down, she started to collect her things. She was so focus on her things that she didn't look up at the young man that was next to her. He also bent down to help her collect her documents. Her once messy but y hairdo was now just plain messy, 'Wow, this girl is a mess. I wonder what department she works in? It's unacceptable for an employee to be in this condition at work. This reflects poorly on the hotel. I must make a note of that.' Yunho thought to himself.

 

Too bad he didn't see Tiffany's oval-shaped face for she was looking down, still collecting and organizing her stuff. Even though he bend down to help, she kept turning around as papers were scattered all around. As Yunho was about to reprimand Tiffany for her disorderly state, the elevator door opened and Tiffany dashed out to the eighth floor once she express her thanks to the unknown man without looking up at him.

 

'Hmmm, advertising and marketing department.' Yunho thought to himself, as he looked at the eighth floor before looking back at the disarrayed girl as the elevator door started closing.