Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 30

 

Yunho got out of his car angrily and walked up to the couple.

 

"Myungsoo, what are you doing here?! Why are you with my wife?!" Yunho asked angrily.

 

"What the heck are you talking about?! Who's your wife?!" Myungsoo exclaimed, before turning to glances at Tiffany, "Tiffany?"

 

"Damn right!"

 

"Jung Yunho. What are you doing? Stop making a scene. You are being stupid!"

 

"Tiffany, when did you get married? And why did you marry this bastard?!"

 

Not being able to control his tempter and before he knew it, he had swung his hand and punched Myungsoo in the face.

 

"Oh my god, Myungsoo Oppa, are you alright?" Tiffany asked worriedly, rushing over to Myungsoo's side, "Yunho Oppa. What are you doing? Why did you hit him? My car broke down and he offered to give me a ride. Oppa, please leave. I don’t want to see you anymore. Myungsoo Oppa, I’m so sorry. Come on, let’s go inside and I will get you some ice." Tiffany said, helping Myungsoo up.

 

Tiffany took Myungsoo inside the house, leaving Yunho standing outside in the dark, broken-hearted. He wanted to cry, yell and beat the crap out of Myungsoo! Once again, he had acted like a violent jerk in front of his wife! Sadly, he walked towards his car and drove away. Why doesn’t thing work out as he planned? He wanted to apologize again, and try to win Tiffany back but now, he was going getting into deeper trouble. He told himself that he trusted Tiffany but just seeing Myungsoo with his wife made him acted like a crazy man.

 

Later that night, Tiffany had explained to Myungsoo her relationship with Yunho and how they got together, "Yunho Oppa did what?" Taeyeon asked, shocked.

 

"He punched Myungsoo Oppa in the face. The poor guy has a huge bruise on his cheek."

 

"Wow. Well, considering their hatred towards each other, I guess a punch isn’t too bad for Oppa. I mean, Yunho Oppa did see you two together at the hotel and now at your place. I mean, if I was him, I think I would causes worse damage."

 

"Tae. What are you talking about? Why are you defending Yunho Oppa? What he did was uncalled for. I can’t take his temper anymore."

 

"You don’t know the rivalry between Yunho Oppa and Myungsoo Oppa?"

 

"Of course, I know. Their hotels are fierce rivals. Who doesn’t know that?"

 

"Not just business but also personal stuff."

 

"What do you mean?" Tiffany asked, confused.

 

Taeyeon told Tiffany what Jonghyun had told her about Yunho and Myungsoo, including Jessica.

 

'Oh my god. I had no idea they are such strong enemies. No wonder.' Tiffany thought, shocked.

 

"Oppa, you are my good friend and I really cherish our friendship but I really care about Yunho. I hate seeing two very important men in my life become enemies. Can you tell me why you hate Yunho so much?" Tiffany asked, the next day during her lunch break.

 

"Tiffany, I would never imagine that one day you would be Yunho's wife." Myungsoo said sarcastically, "The irony of it all. I took away his girlfriend five years ago and now, he married the woman that I really cared about who rejected me so many times."

 

"Oppa."

 

"No, it’s okay. I guess the saying is correct; what goes around, comes around. I guess I deserve it. I believe it now because he didn’t have to try and he couldn’t have known we knew each other in the States and still. Tiffany, do know how hard it is to live in Yunho's shadow? Ever since I was a kid, my dad would always compare me to him. I was never good enough, no matter what I did. Never was I good enough."

 

"Oppa, you are a wonderful guy. You have accomplish so much. All I’m asking, for my sake is, please don’t be angry with Yunho anymore. It was wrong for him to hit you but I guess under the circumstances, it’s understandable, right? I know what you did to him in the past. Did you ever think that your hatred and revenge is actually caused by your dad? Maybe your dad is the one you are upset with. Yunho didn’t do any of those things to you. I’m sure he is baffled as much as anybody why you have done those stuff to him in the past. I think if it wasn’t for this, you both could be really good friends."

 

Myungsoo sat there, listening to every word of Tiffany intently. He had never thought that he and Yunho could be friends. It never occurred to him that Yunho had never done anything to hurt him.

 

"Why are you defending him? Didn't you say you didn’t want to see him again, last night? It doesn’t seem like you had a happy marriage with him."

 

"Well, we do have problems and maybe we aren't meant to be husband and wife but I do still care about him." Later that night, a woman and man were sitting at a round table at one of Seoul's most elite night club.

 

Boa has had a few too many drinks that night and her companion, Myungsoo, consumed no less either.

 

"Jung Yunho married? And to who? To Tiffany. My Tiffany. I think it’s god’s revenge on me for trying to destroy him. Oh, you told me you really liked him, although I disapproved, you pursued him anyhow. Why did you give up so quickly? Doesn’t seem like the relentless Boa I know." Myungsoo said, drunk.

 

Picking up her drink, Boa continued to stared blankly at it, "Oh, stop making matters worst. Are you mocking me? We are just two pathetic losers. I was really upset at Yunho and especially at myself after I found out he is married. Upset at myself for being so stupid and so shameless in front of him but you know that my dad left my mom when I was little because of another woman. I vowed that no matter how much I loved a man, I would never go after a married men. Trust me, I’m not too happy with that news either. If he wasn’t married, I would never admit defeat and would do everything in my power to make him mine. What about you?"

 

"What about me? I lost the only woman that I thought would be good enough to be my wife, to the stupid Yunho! What else is there?" Myungsoo said in a sarcastic tone, as he struggle to smile, "And Boa, you know what the funny part is, Tiffany gave me reasons today for why I shouldn’t be upset at Yunho and the most ironic part about it is that, what she said made senses. All this time, I thought it was Yunho who made my life miserable but it turns out that it was actually my dad’s fault. Learning that what you did all your life was wrong at the age of twenty-nine is pretty crappy. I made myself miserable by trying to make others miserable." Myungsoo continued, as he took a gulp of his soju.

 

The two friends found comfort in each other as they sat at the bar until the wee hours of the morning, relieving pent up frustration and anger. They headed back to Myungsoo's place and beyond their control, something unexpected happened that night that change their friendship forever.

 

Tiffany came back to her office after her lunch break with a client to find her whole office filled with red roses the next following day. The flowerily scent permeates the entire department that she couldn’t even see her working desk anymore.

 

'What's going on?' Tiffany thought, confused.

 

Poking her head out of the office, Tiffany asked, "Does anyone know what's going on?"

 

"About an hour ago, some flower delivery guy came and just poured all those in and left. Thanks to your flowers, the department actually smells good for a change." One of the staff member said, teasingly.

 

"Um...thanks." Tiffany said, and turned back into her office to searched for a card or some note to see who the owner of the flowers is. Finally, she spotted a small hidden card in the beautifully stained vase of roses on her desk.

 

'One thousand red roses for each of my apologies. I’m sorry. Please give me another chance? I know I have been acting like a jealous and insensitive jerk lately but I love you. From the bottom of my heart, you are and will always be the only woman for me.

 

Your husband,

 

Yunho'

 

Tiffany stood there with the card in her hands, emotion swelling up inside of her.

 

'No. I can’t let a silly thing like this deter my decision. These are just stupid flowers! It can’t make up for all that he did and...and...' Tiffany thought, looking down at her tummy, 'The baby.' She continued thinking, as a single tear trickle down her cheek before hearing someone knocking on her still opened office door.

 

"Hey Tiffany. A representative from a risk management team is here for the three pm appointment."

 

Trying to collect herself, Tiffany said, after taking in a deep breath, "Thanks. Um...well, we can’t meet in here. Can you take him to the conference room? I will be there in a minute."

 

"It’s actually a woman but sure."

 

After grabbing the stuff necessary for the meeting, Tiffany started to walked towards the conference room and to her dismay, found the lady standing in front of her was none other than her husband’s lover.

 

'You have got to be kidding me.' Tiffany thought, looking up at the ceiling, 'Is this some kind of cruel joke?'

 

Boa, unknowingly, walked up to Tiffany and gave her a very professional introduction, gleaming happily. Boa went ahead and gave her presentation to the uncaring Tiffany who sat there quietly, analyzing and scrutinizing the woman in front of her.

 

"So, as you see Miss Hwang, these are the wonderful benefits that our company can offer your firm." Boa said, looking at Tiffany to see her sitting at the desk, looking at her with a blank expression like she was zoning out in outer space.

 

"Um...Miss Hwang?"

 

"Oh. Yes, yes, thank you." Tiffany said, finally snapping out of her trance.

 

There was something very familiar about the potential client in front of her but Boa couldn't remember.

 

"Miss Hwang, is something wrong? I’m sorry but have we met? I have a feeling we know each other somewhere but I’m so bad at remembering people." Boa said awkwardly.

 

"Um...Yeah. We did meet."

 

"You...Are you...Um, Mrs. Jung Yunho?" Boa asked, recalling their meeting.

 

Tiffany smiled painfully at the fact that Boa called her Mrs. Jung.

 

"Um...not anymore in a few days." Tiffany said coolly.

 

"Yunho Oppa told me about your misunderstanding. I’m truly sorry for the pain I have causes you. Oppa and I are just good friends. Please believe me." Boa said remorsefully.

 

'Why is she trying to explain her relationship? Isn’t she happy that we are getting a divorce? Now she can be with Yunho Oppa.'

 

"I admit that I did like Yunho Oppa but that is because I didn’t know he is married but whatever I do, he never returned my love. It’s not a mutual thing. He didn’t know about the pin. Um...I made that whole thing up at the mall because I wanted to give it to Oppa but I swear, I didn’t know you...you were his wife or that he is even married." Boa said, frustrated "I saw Oppa a few days ago and he was so miserable. He really loves you. I...I’m so sorry and the magazine, it wasn't like what the reporters wrote. It was an innocent chat, nothing more."

 

"But then...so, it’s true that there is nothing going on between you two?" Tiffany asked, speechless at Boa's efforts. Walking up to Tiffany, Boa said seriously, "If Yunho Oppa shows any interests in me, trust me, I wouldn't let him go so easily."

 

The girls talked for what seem like hours. Who would have thought that these two love rivals had so much in common, besides for Yunho. They both knew Myungsoo and went to the states to study at the same time. They even lived in the same apartment complex without knowing it in the states. Tiffany felt relieved that Yunho, her Yunho didn't cheat on her. Although, Boa had told her of their encounter at the bar, she wasn't upset because that was during the phase of their marriage where they still didn’t really know each other. How can she blame Yunho for being with another women when she, in fact, wasn’t a good wife herself? She was just glad that nothing happened between the two. However, she was still angry at him for that night, that miserable night where she had endured so much pain and his uncontrollable temper. She couldn't just let him off the hook like that.

 

A/N: new fanfic Love Bites