Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 10

 

That night, in Tiffany's room.

 

"So, do you like him?" Taeyeon asked, sitting on the edge of Tiffany's pink bed, hugging her plush toy of three peas.

 

"Yes. I mean, no." Tiffany said, sitting up in her bed, leaning against the headboard while holding onto her own stuff toy, Totoro.

 

"So, you hate him?"

 

"No. I mean, yes."

 

"So, you don’t want to marry him?"

 

"Of course not. I barely know him." Tiffany said, but deep down, she knows that that isn't the absolute truth. It would be an overstatement to say that she had fallen in love with Yunho but one thing is for sure, she definitely has special feelings for him.

 

On the other hand, Taeyeon was trying to help her best friend sort out her feelings but it didn’t seem to go anywhere. They had been sitting in Tiffany's room for almost five hours. She could tell Tiffany was becoming more frustrated and perplexed.

 

After that meeting with Tiffany and Yunho, they hadn't met or bumped into each other for almost the whole week.

 

One late evening, Yunho was still in his office, very tired from such a hectic day at work since he had eight meetings today and the last one was very chaotic. Some upper management staffs were discussing the best method to employ an expansion project in Tokyo but it seems like no one even agree to it. The debate grew into a huge argument which was one of the causes of the headache that was plaguing Yunho right now. Besides, he even found out this morning that his parents had already planned his wedding which was to be held next month. Despite what he had told them about Tiffany, they wouldn't listen or believed him. His dad was even upset at him for staining Tiffany's reputation as a wild party girl. He didn't want to tell his parents about Tiffany's true side but after countless of arguments, it was the only card he had left to play. However, to his dismay, his last card backfired and he was scolded at and today’s events at work didn't do him much good either.

 

Agitated and stressed out, he stood up from his chair, leaning on the glass window while looking down at the river. Suddenly, he remembered the girl that he saw a few weeks ago that was sitting by the river early one morning when he had came in to work earlier than usual. He was starting to wonder if her problems had been solved or not. Is she still at the hotel? Suddenly, he got distracted from his thoughts because of the commotion outside his office.

 

"Mr. Jung, I would like to talk to you." Tiffany said.

 

"I’m sorry but you can’t go in there. Mr. Jung had canceled all appointments for this afternoon and doesn't wish to see anyone." Yunho's secretary, Seo Joohyun, said.

 

"I will not leave until I see Mr. Jung. Yunho Oppa. Oppa."

 

From inside his office, Yunho knew the reason why Tiffany had come up to see him. Brushing his hands through his hair, he sighed before pressing his telephone intercom.

 

"Seohyun, please let miss Hwang in."

 

A few seconds later, his office door swung open as in came Tiffany who was obviously very upset and emotional, "Jung Yunho, what's the meaning of this? You told me you were going to take care of it. You said you would never force me then why is there going to be a wedding next month?"

 

"Tiffany, calm down. You don’t want the whole hotel to know about this, do you?"

 

Taking in a long, deep breath, Tiffany said, "I’m sorry. I just got a call from some bridal boutique confirming my appointment to try on wedding dresses. Apparently, my parents had set up the appointment for me. How did you think I felt when some stranger was telling me when my own wedding date was?"

 

"I just found out this morning, too. Trust me, I don’t want this wedding to happen just as much as you do." "What should we do then? How about you don’t show up on the wedding day. I don’t mind." Tiffany said, calming down a bit.

 

"No, my parents would be humiliated. I can’t dishonor my family like that."

 

Pulling out the chair in front of her, Tiffany sat down so they can discusses what they should do to prevent the wedding from happening. Suddenly, they both noticed that this was the first time they had sat down calmly together, having an actual discussion without yelling or insulting each other.

 

"Hello. Tiffany Hwang speaking." Tiffany said, picking up her pink samsung s2.

 

"Tiffany, your dad is in the hospital. Please come to asan medical center. Quick."

 

"What? Is he okay? What happened?" Tiffany asked, shocked.

 

"I don’t want to talk over the phone. Please just come here as soon as you can." Mrs. Hwang said, before hanging up, not waiting for Tiffany to reply.

 

"Tiffany, is everything alright? What’s wrong?" Yunho asked worriedly, seeing that Tiffany was starting to shake with a worried expression written all over her face.

 

"My...My dad. He is...um, in the hospital. I have to go right now." Tiffany said, standing up quickly, looking distracted.

 

"Here, let me take you. You are in no condition to drive." Yunho said worriedly.

 

Wrapping his arms around Tiffany's shoulder, he gently led her out of his office, towards his car.

 

"Changho. Put this on. She is almost here. How do you expect Tiffany to believe you are really sick if you aren't connected to the oxygen tank?"

 

"Okay, okay. Is this better? Do I look like a sick patient now?" Mr. Hwang asked, smiling playfully at his wife.

 

Since Mr. Hwang is a very good friend with the owner of the hospital, he had planned this out because he knows that Tiffany will try to pull off some stunt to get out of the wedding but what he didn’t expect was that Yunho also came with Tiffany.

 

Hearing someone knocking on the door, Mrs. Hwang went to open the door. Stepping inside, Yunho gave Mrs. Hwang a respectful nod after Tiffany hug her mom.

 

"Mommy, how is he? What happened?" Tiffany whispered.

 

"Tiffany, dear, is that you?" Mr. Hwang asked coarsly, slowly opening his eyes.

 

"Daddy." Tiffany said, as she ran up to his bedside, wiping the tears on her cheeks away.

 

"Daddy, are you okay? I’m here. It’s me, Tiffany." Tiffany said.

 

Turning to looked at his daughter, Mr. Hwang was surprised but very pleased to also see Yunho by Tiffany's side, "I’m so glad to see you, dear. And Yunho, thank you for coming." Mr. Hwang said, coughing.

 

"Mr. Hwang, are you okay? You should get a lot of rest."

 

With that said, Mr. Hwang started coughing more violently. Holding onto both, Yunho and Tiffany's hands, Mr. Hwang placed them together before displaying a faint smile.

 

"I have had this heart problem for many years. I know my own health. My only wish is to witness the two of you kids getting marry. I think it would be such a wonderful day. You both are meant to be together. I can feel it." Speechless, Tiffany and Yunho just stood there, not knowing what to do. What could they possibly say to this weak man on the patient bed?

 

Seeing this, Mr. Hwang was very satisfied with the way his plan was going and was smiling secretly inside.

 

"I think your dad needs his rest. Why don’t both of you go outside and wait for a while? I will come out in a bit after he falls asleep."

 

After thirteen minutes of waiting outside, Mrs. Hwang finally came out. Immediately, Tiffany stood up and ran up to her.

 

"Mommy, what happened?"

 

"Well, your dad and I were discussing your wedding this afternoon. Seeing that you are so adamantly and didn’t want to get married, I simply suggests to your dad that maybe we should reconsider it. He got so upset and furious at my suggestion that he went into one of his cardiac episode again, so I had to take him to the hospital. He was talking about family honor and promises and that he would never be able to face the Jung family if the wedding didn’t happen." Mrs. Hwang said, as she pretended to cry out loud, claiming that it was all her fault. Pulling her mom into her arms, Tiffany did her best to comfort her while looking at Yunho who was giving her a reassuring smile, telling her it’s going to be okay. Both, Yunho and Tiffany knew that this wedding was inevitable and was coming up soon. Yunho couldn't let the man who had helped his family so much in the past suffered on his behalf. Whether he likes it or not, he had to get uses to the idea that he has to marry Tiffany and there was no way out of it.

 

Little did they know, Mr. Hwang was secretly watching them from inside his room. He saw the way Tiffany and Yunho looked at each other and how Yunho was comforting his little daughter. He is positive that he had made the right choice. He could already see a wonderful relationship blooming. Smiling to himself, he went back to his bed. Picking up his cell phone, he pressed on the number and waited for someone to picked up on the other line, "Hello, Yejun. Our plan worked. We have a wedding to prepare."