Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 18

 

Although Yunho and Tiffany are married, their relationship reflect more of a couple that just started dating. They were progressively learning more about each other, first becoming friends then hopefully, it will bloom into a relationship that fulfill every senses of the word marriage. On a relaxing Saturday night, Tiffany sat down on the sofa, watching tv with Yunho sitting beside her with his feet on the coffee table. They had grown to relax around each other when they were at home. About dinner, Tiffany tried to cook whenever she can. When she was in college, her meals mostly consists of microwavable frozen meal. After eating egg omelet and salad, the couple decided to watch tv.

 

"Yunho Oppa, I’m sorry we had eggs again, tonight. I wanted to find new recipes with real meat but I didn’t have the time."

 

"It’s okay. I had a feeling we would have eggs again, so I was prepared for it. I know how busy you are with your work but I must say, if we don’t eat other meat, I think I will turn into an egg." Yunho said smiling, making Tiffany laughed.

 

"Okay, okay. I don’t want that to happen because then I will be Mrs. Egg and eggs are short and fat. Oh, about Tokyo, how long will you be gone for?"

 

"I don’t know. Hopefully not long."

 

"I believe in you, Oppa." Tiffany said, placing her hand on top of his, "I know you will make the right decision. Do what you feel is right."

 

"Thanks."

 

Even though they were sad that they had to be apart, just when they were starting to get along, they didn't show it, not wanting to ruin the mood. Later that night, Tiffany helped Yunho packed his luggage.

 

"I’m going to miss you and thank you for packing for me." Yunho said, hugging Tiffany from behind after she was done.

 

Placing her hand on top of his arm which was around her waist, she said, "Me too, but it’s business so I know."

 

"Yunho Oppa is going to Tokyo? Aren’t you afraid?"

 

"Of what?" Tiffany asked, sipping her coffee camly.

 

"You do know that your husband isn't an average man. He is Jung Yunho. One of the most eligible bachelor there is in asia, granted technically he’s not a bachelor anymore but no one knows that. He’s going to be in Tokyo by himself, surrounded by many women."

 

"Tae, that’s nonsense. He’s going on a business trip, not on a vacation. Besides, I already know about his popularity among the women before I married him. I know he's a playboy and all that but that's in the past. I haven’t seen him with any women after we got married. He’s been really nice to me. I like where our relationship is going. I think...I think I may have fallen in love with him."

 

"It’s about time you admit it but I think you were already in love with him before you got married." Taeyeon said, taking a bite out of her Hiyashi Chuka.

 

"That's not true." Tiffany said, denying it before adding, "Okay, maybe I had feelings for him at that time but lately, I definitely felt something more, something deeper."

 

"Well, I'm happy for you, girl, but I must tell you to keep a close watch on Yunho Oppa. With his past reputation and his criteria, I bet many women just falls into his lap but he is a man after all and if you don’t have a tight hold on him, he will wander off."

 

"You talked as if you had experiences in this department before. Is this what you do to keep Jonghyun Oppa in check?" Tiffany asked, laughing before a sad sigh came out from between her light red heart-shaped lips, "It’s only been a day since Yunho Oppa left but I already missed him. It’s going to be lonely eating dinner alone now."

 

"Oh, cheer up. Come over and eat with me then."

 

"I don’t want to disturb you and Jonghyun Oppa." Tiffany said, laughing.

 

Around sunset, Yunho decided to walk along the coast of the fishermen village that he was supposed to destroy for his hotel. The rolling waves crashing against the big rocked against the cliff, the sound of the seagulls, the smell of dried fish and the fishermen out and about preparing for their next journey the next day, Yunho took all these events into his head. He saw a little girl helping an older man, maybe her dad, sewing a fishing net together, smiling and chatting happily. Just then, a woman brought out a tray of food, setting in on a little wooden table next to where they were working. The little girl, who is probably around eight, gave her mom a huge smile before eating. The man washed his hands before joining his family for dinner, enjoying the same sunset Yunho was admiring. Other families were also busy with their tasked, there were also little kids playing with the water, splashing water at each other.

 

Suddenly, a little boy, who was running away from his friends, ran straight into Yunho.

 

"Are you okay?" Yunho asked worriedly.

 

"Yeah." The little boy said, laughing as he got back up, "I'm sorry mister."

 

"It’s okay. I'm glad you are okay." Yunho said, smiling.

 

"Oh, I fall all the time but I’m a big boy. I can handle it." The boy said, and ran away, yelling back at his friends, "You can’t catch me!"

 

The innocence in these kids, how can Yunho take all of this away from them? Just then, someone he didn't want to see, walked towards him.

 

"Hey there, Yunho. Long time no see. How have you been, buddy?" Myungsoo said, smiling.

 

"I’m not your buddy. We were never friends so cut the crap!" Yunho said sourly.

 

"Woah there. I’m just being nice. What's making the famous Jung Yunho in such a foul mood?"

 

"Who else but you. Anyway, what are you doing here?" Yunho asked coolly.

 

"Just checking out the property. Nice, isn’t it?"

 

Kim Myungsoo was the son of the financial advisor who had embezzled money from the Jung's hotel many years ago. They had fled to Japan for a few years to get away from the police and came back to Seoul. Their hotel is the L hotel who is also trying to win the land. Myungsoo is Yunho's biggest rival, not only in business but also in love. The last thing he heard about Myungsoo was that he went away to the States around the same time Yunho went to Tokyo. Jessica had cheated on him with Myungsoo five years ago which is a shocked to Yunho because Jessica is one of the most reserve and conservative girl he knew. She is the demure type that Yunho would be proud to bring home to his parents. Yunho will never forget that very dreadful night.

 

*Flashback*

 

Yunho and Jessica were at a restaurant, celebrating their three year dating anniversary. He had met Jessica while they were in school when he was fifteen. Yunho had took her to a very fancy restaurant and had bought her a big bouquet of white roses and a gold nadri cubic zirconia pendant necklace. Yunho was in such a good mood that he didn't notice how uncomfortable Jessica was acting, how she kept fidgeting in her seat.

 

Reaching across the table, Yunho took her hands in his, holding it gently, "Sica, I love you. I’m so lucky to have you by my side. It’s been three years..." Yunho started, but before he can finished what he was saying, Jessica pulled her hands away, interrupting him, "Um...Yunnie Oppa. Before you continue...um, I have something to say." "Sure. Go ahead." Yunho said, surprised.

 

"Oppa, you know I love you and really care about you. Please know that I didn’t want this to happen and didn't plan this." Jessica started, looking down at her hands in her lap while Yunho looked at her curiously, "I...um, have been seeing someone else."

 

"You have what?" Yunho asked, shocked "I don’t understand. I thought you are happy. What did I do wrong? How could you?"

 

"I’m so sorry." Jessica apologized, tears starting to swell up in her big, dark brown, almond-shaped eyes, "Please don’t be upset? It’s all my fault. I didn’t want this to happen. God Oppa, I would never hurt you. I’m so sorry." "Well, it didn’t seem to be that way, you just succeeded in tearing my heart open." Yunho said furiously, "Oh, and what a great way to break the news to me on our anniversary. It’s a nice touch."

 

"Oppa, please?"

 

Just then, in walked a young man with the smuggest smile that made Yunho want to punch him. He came to their table with a satisfied grin on his oval-shaped face.

 

"Look who's here. Aw, how cute. Your third year dating anniversary, right?"

 

"What are you doing here, Myungsoo?" Yunho asked furiously.

 

"Um...Oppa."

 

"Oh, looks like Yunho isn't having a very good night, is he?" Myungsoo said, bending down and kissing Jessica on the cheek, "Sica, looks like you broke the news to him already?"

 

"Myung Oppa, please stop it." Jessica said, upset at how Myungsoo was acting.

 

Myungsoo grabbed a chair from a nearby table and sat right at their table, taking ahold of Jessica's hand. Yunho couldn't believe what was happening in front of him. Not only did his girlfriend of three years cheated on him but with his number one enemy who had caused him countless of troubles. Jessica knew that the two men didn't get along but she didn’t know they were rival enemy.

 

"Damn you Myungsoo!" Yunho said, as he got up from his chair and punched Myungsoo right in the face before storming out of the restaurant, vowing to never to be beaten by Myungsoo again, whether it was business or love. The girl who he had loved so dearly and had planned to proposal to on her birthday which was in eight months, had just tored his heart apart and gave it to the one person he hated most in this world to toyed with.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Yunho knew that Myungsoo had return to Seoul about a month ago and had resume work at the hotel. It seemed that whatever Yunho does or want, Myungsoo's life mission is to do the same. Even when their dad worked together, Myungsoo had always been this way since he was a child. Yunho didn't understand what he did to him that had caused just jealousy. Yunho didn’t expect to see Myungsoo in Tokyo at this time, although he knew that L hotel also coveted this land. He tried to avoid Myungsoo as much as possible because seeing him just brings back more painful memories that he wanted to forget.

 

"We both know that we both want this gold mine." Myungsoo said coolly, looking around the land.

 

Yunho didn’t want to loses to Myungsoo again, but he also didn’t want to disrupt these innocent peoples lives, trying to defend his pride.

 

Just as Yunho was about to say something, a woman ran towards Myungsoo.

 

"Myungsoo Oppa."