Singing and Gymming

Ace of Korea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21 – Singing and Gyming

Author’s pov

They finally arrived at the studio’s parking lot. Park took out their duffle bag. Hyejeong carried hers. Park then opened the back seat door to carry out the items they bought. He was about to take all of them when Hyejeong grabbed some.

 

HYE: “Don’t try to carry everything on your own oppa. I feel bad.”

PJS: “Oh. Mianhae. I won’t make you feel bad again. “

HYE: “Okay oppa. Let’s go. It’s this way.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Park’s POV

 

Hyejeong led the way. To enter the lift lobby, a passcode is needed. Hyejeong entered the passcode and we proceed in. We entered the lift. Hyejeong pressed on the floor we are supposed to go to.

When we reached that floor, there was a glass door, a code was needed to enter. Hyejeong once again entered the passcode. We went in. it was a long corridor with a lot of rooms. We went to a room which was at the end of the corridor.

It was their dancing studio. It was really big. There was a pantry in the studio. We went in the pantry to place the food and drinks.

 

HYE: “Oppa, you can just wait for me in the dance studio. Have a seat first while I arrange this oppa.”

PJS: “I can help you arrange it.”

HYE: “No oppa. You paid for all this. So I will arrange it. You go ahead and rest oppa. If not, I will get angry.”

Hyejeong made an angry face but I find it really cute instead.

PJS: “Araseo. Then I shall wait for you okay?”

HYE: “Neh oppa.”

She pushed me out of the pantry. So I made my way to the sofa at the other end of the studio. I sat there and look around. It was my first time in a dance studio.

 

PJS: “So this is where idols spend most of their time practicing.” I talk to myself.

 

Just then Hyejeong walked out of the pantry. She walked towards me and sat beside me.

HYE: “Let’s rest for 5 minutes before I start.”

PJS: “So what are you doing first?”

HYE: “I will be doing Vocal practice first. Then I will be going to the gym. Lastly will be dance practice and cooling down.”

PJS: “I see. Okay, let’s rest first. Can’t wait to hear you sing.”

HYE: “I’m not that good oppa. My vocals are not as good as Choa unnie or Yuna Unnie.”

PJS: “It’s okay. I still like your voice Hyejeongie.”

 

We talked and talked. 5 minutes pass so fast. Hyejeong then brought me to the vocal practice room. She started the computer and a few electronic devices. She then prepared the mics. She then run a program and warmed up her vocal cords.

PJS: “So how do things work here?”

HYE: “I use this program to practice my vocals. It will give me a certain vocal range, and I will have to match it. Here, I’ll show you“

 

She starts the practice program. The computer played a tune. Hyejeong then used her vocals to reach that tune. The tune then got higher and higher.

I was really impressed by her vocal range.  I applaud her.

PJS: “Wow. You really are a good Hyejeong ah”

HYE: “thank you oppa. But I’m not as good as choa unnie or yuna unnie.”

PJS: “I’m sure you will get better.”

HYE: “Thank you oppa. Well, now it is time to sing. You have any song you want me to sing oppa?”

PJS: “Hmmm…I’m not sure myself. How about you just sing a song that you are comfortable with?”

HYE: “hmmm….okay. I will choose one song. But later, you choose me a song okay oppa?”

PJS: “Okay. I will”

 

Hyejeong was selecting a song from the program’s playlist while I just sat there and think of a song. She then chose her group’s song, Love is only you.

I was staring into space, busy thinking of a song. But when Hyejeong started singing, I was snapped out from my own thoughts. She was singing it way better than her debut time.

Her voice was really soft and smooth. I looked at her as she sang with full emotions. I look at the computer screen. There were green bars to show how high and how long she is supposed to sing for each line.

She was hitting all the notes perfectly. She looks so beautiful when she sings with full emotions. I can’t help but look at her as she sings.

As she was coming to the end of the song, I quickly compose myself and try not to look at her often. As soon as she ends, I applaud her.

 

PJS: “wow. That was well done”

HYE: “Thank you oppa. But I hope to do way better than that.”

PJS: “I’m sure you can. I will be rooting for you.”

HYE: “Thank you oppa. So, did you think of a song?”

PJS: “I wasn’t able to. Mianhae.”

HYE: “It’s okay oppa. ermmm…oppa?”

PJS: “Neh?”

HYE: “ermm…nothing.” She was hesitating.

PJS: “what is it? Please tell me?”

HYE: “Errmmm…can I ask you for a favour?”

PJS: “What is it? Just say it.”

HYE: “Can you sing a song?”

PJS: “Me?! singing? I’m not a good singer.”

HYE: “Please oppa~”. Hyejeong was using her aegyo to plead. I can’t help but give in.

PJS: “Okay. I will sing. But just one song. Okay?”

HYE: “Neh oppa!”

PJS: “So what song do you want me to sing?”

HYE: “Any choice of yours oppa. Just choose from the computer. Come, let’s switch place.”

 

Hyejeong and I switch seats. I sat in the computer chair. I grabbed the mouse and browsed the playlist. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter