The early bird gets the cookie crumbs

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji woke up with the rising sunlight as the first sun beam shone through the window directly on her face. She blinked a few times as the bright light bothered her heavy eyes and rolled to the other side to close her eyes again and with her hands – out of habit – she reached for the tiny palm of her sister. Since their parents left, there was no night where Sajin was able to sleep by her own and only holding hands gave her a safe feeling that she was not alone and only after this, the young girl could fall asleep. But there was no hand to hold! Sajin! Minji sat straight in the bed that wasn't hers and looked into a room that wasn't her home. Immediately remembering what happened yesterday she jumped up, now wide awake, but flinched a bit when her body disliked that she moved her body so suddenly. Every muscle and every single bone hurt from head to toe. She looked down on herself and she was still in the black clothes that were covered with dry mud and parts like her knees and arms were ripped from the fall and revealed scratched red skin under it. She was more than lucky that she had only scratches! She looked around in the room for a second. At day it looked even more forlorn, but something was indeed different to last night, which Minji didn't notice at first.

She only saw something catchy on the table and stood up to walk over and found a bottle of water and choco chip cookies, her favorite sweets! The fact that someone left this on the table made her look around for the clothes and the backpack that she had randomly noticed last night. They were gone! Everything! That means somebody was here when she was sleeping and secretly sneaked out again!!! In shock she grabbed the chair next to her and sat down for a second."Who was here?" she asked herself as if somebody invaded in her own house and opened the bottle, took a big sip but she didn't felt better. She sighed and lied her head on the table, observing the delicious looking cookies. From where did that someone know of her strong weakness for choco chip cookies!? She carefully took one and sniffed on it first, crumbled at the edge and tasted some crumbs first until she finally decided to enjoy the small snack, since there was no way she could waste choco chip cookies! While she nibbled on the cookie she thought about Sehun, who was definitely still sleeping – since it looked like it was still really early and Sehun wasn’t the kind of person that wakes up early. Okay maybe he's awake earlier because of Sajin. That means she would probably wake up early enough for going on Sehun’s nerves until she got something to eat. Minji wondered if Sajin was a good girl last night and got frustrated she left her sister alone.

What was she even thinking she did last night!? Was she all crazy!? Yeah, maybe! There are really wolves out there! Minji's heart sped up again, feared and excited. But for her misfortune there was nobody she could tell about the wolf she had met last night which seemed to had helped her. What a strange behavior, she thought about the pitch-black furred creature - how frightening it looked with those burning golden eyes and the long snout. Dangerous indeed. In the aftermath Minji got goose bumps thinking about the big creature that she dared to touch without fear. What was just wrong with her that moment? But then, what use would it have been to run away? She was doomed to failure if she would have run away. If it wasn't for the black wolf, Minji would be scared. But the curiosity that tickled her spine planted the thought of trying to find that wolf again. Minji shook her head. No! What am I thinking? I need to go back to Sajin, she needs me, I can't risk anything. 

It seemed like the last night she had to keep a secret and anyway: Who could she tell? Sehun would probably freak out, the some friends at college she had are not close enough for her to tell them and her parents are missing. She would really love to tell her parents what had happened last night, she missed them like crazy! Maybe she could call her aunt; not for telling her about yesterday night but for making sure she was fine. Her aunt was the only one that called every day to ask for Sajin and Minji but she never asked Minji for visiting them or that she would visit.

"Maybe I'll come to Busan for a weekend. I remembered the beautiful beach and we weren't there for years." Minji said at the telephone but her aunt hesitated "Ah, yeah. But right now it's not a good time to visit the beach. You'd better stay in Seoul.". Minji was still hurt that it seemed like her aunt didn't want them to go for a visit. She cared for her nieces but not enough so it seems. But it was okay, maybe she was only busy with her own life and in addition to that she was still doing everything to find out something about Minji's missing parents.
"Did you go to the police today again?" Minji said, ignoring that she had asked that pushy question a thousand times before. "Yeah. They only said to wait. You know that they filed your parent's missing, right?" "Yeah but they can't just file the case!! It's not even a year ago!" "It will take some more time. I will call again, okay? Be a strong girl for your sister, too!"

"Okay." Minji sighed, as she messaged her stiff neck and finally stood up, stretched herself and looked around, her hands akimbo. What happened was really strange but at least she was alive! And it was time to find back to her senses and find back home where she left them! She left the house and tried to find a way to her car, didn’t know that two dark eyes were following her all the time, watching if she will get home safely.

Something different that could disturb a peaceful sleep was the strange noise Sajin woke up from. She still held Pinku Pinku in her arms and looked up to Sehun when she opened her eyes. Last night when it was time to sleep, Sajin really had cried a lot until Sehun had sat next to the bed and had held the little girl’s hand until she seemed to fall asleep. But when Sehun had left the room, Sajin had opened her eyes again and listened in panic when she had heard how everybody were leaving already.

Sajin jumped out of her bed, ran outside barefooted where Sehun just had said goodbye to his friends and that was the moment when Sajin started crying. “Don’t leave me alone, Sehun don’t leave me!” she ran toward Sehun and threw herself around his leg. Sehun felt terrible that they woke her up and knelt down to the girl in her pink pajama, standing in the cold outside, her eyes red and puffy from crying. “Who said I’m leaving? I will stay with you, of course.” “But they’re leaving.” “Yeah because they’re all tired and want to go to bed too, Sajin.” “But will they come again?” “Of course they will! You will see them soon again.” “You promise me?” “Yeah, I promise.” “Mom and dad promised too. Will they come back home?” “Of course they will.” Sehun patted Sajin’s head and picked her up on her arms to carry her inside “Let’s go to bed too. It’s already late.”

When she had waked up in the night from a nightmare, crying because she felt all left alone and without her sister, Sehun had dried her tears again and took her into his arms where she snuggled peacefully her pointy nose into his shirt and fell asleep again. This time without nightmares. There she was now on the next early morning, still in his arms and the cute little girl looked up to Sehun, who snorted loudly – the strange noise Sajin woke up from. She poked his nose and whispered
“Appa. Appa. I need to do wee-wee.” she said when she had the really urgent need to go to the toilet but Sehun was like a noisy rock - not moving an inch, only snoring. Sajin looked around frustrated, asking Pinku Pinku how someone could snore so loud that it woke her up but Pinku Pinku was sleeping still too. Wide awake by the snoring machine, Sajin crawled out of Sehun’s loose hug and out of the bed and in her little pink pajama she walked around in the house to search the bathroom. In her great haste, all doors suddenly looked the same. “Toilet!” the small girl mumbled and dribbled impatiently with her feet. Where was the toilet again? “Sajin” a fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter