Shouldn't search for ugly truths

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some days later, Minji sat in some lectures that extremely bored her. She still thought about the Chanyeol and those strangely golden eyes he had before he ran out of the cinema, left Minji all confused. “Golden” she mumbled to herself, scribbling on her notebook while she got that tickling back on her skin, like warm air softly the tiny hairs on her arms and make her shiver from the goose bumps it created. “Is everything okay with you? You seem absent.” Nana next to her softly shook Minji’s shoulder as she didn’t seem to hear her talking to her at all. Nana had watched how Minji didn’t even write down what the teacher said, she was just staring to the front all in trance. “Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.” She said quickly and looked back on her paper to quickly close the notebook and threw it under her table. “Gosh Minji!” Nana said and she had jumped up a bit on her seat from the shock her friend gave her. Worse enough that his eyes didn’t leave her mind, that she felt watched all the time the moment she remembered his intimidating eyes on her – no! – she made it worse and draw them in detail over her biology lecture notes. Okay, that was a lie because except the eyes there wasn’t anything written down on the paper at all. “Oh-oopsi! I dropped it.” She said and bent down to pick it up again, opened it on a totally different page and acted like nothing had been strange. “You’re a weirdo!” Nana said and Minji only shook her head “Yeah, I know.”
“You better get your eyes back to the front and concentrate on lecture. We’ve got a test next week.” Nana said worried to her friend and Minji nodded. But how was she able to put her eyes back to the front when his eyes were staring at her still intimidate.

Lecture ended after a way too long time and Minji quickly packed her things and left the room. She was on her way to the next lecture when her phone suddenly ringed and as she saw the unknown number she picked up immediately “Yeoboseyo?” she said and covered her ear with her other hand as it was quite noise in the corridor. “Miss Choi Minji?” “Yeah, that’s me.” “Here’s officer Jeong, we have information about your parents.”

The sound of the door roughly knocked against the wall let everybody in the lecture hall look up from their tests and turned their heads back up. Sehun too and he saw how Minji quickly bowed and excused herself before she ran down the stairs, ignoring everybody’s gaze on her until she found eye contact with Sehun and hasted to her. “Sehun, please give me your keys!” she said and he looked totally irritated. “Don’t you have lecture now?” he asked while he already searched for his keys, didn’t leave his eyes off her, trying to get the situation. The hectic expression in her face made it obvious that something had happened, he just wasn’t sure if it was something bad or good. “Not anymore, I need to go quickly.” and even he wasn’t finished with the test, Sehun stood up and grabbed his jacket. “I’ll go with you-” “Miss, are you finished yet, we’re in the middle of a test!” the professor said and Minji looked to the desks where everybody had their papers in front of them, waiting to go on. She looked back to Sehun and grabbed his shoulders to push him back down to his seat. “No! Finish the test. I will call you.” and grabbed his keys out of his hand and ran upstairs again and left the room. Jongin next to Sehun laughed “I guess your car just got kidnapped.” And some people around them giggled while Sehun still looked to the closed door. “Yeah. I guess so.” He mumbled confused and the teacher clapped his hands really not amused about the interrupting. “So, let’s go on! You only have ten minutes left.” and everybody sighed and turned around again.

Minji meanwhile had haste to Sehun’s car, jumped in, parked out and almost bumped into a professor’s car behind her and wheeled out off to the police department. She didn’t want to lose a second and when she finally found a park lot near the department she jumped out of the car again and ran to the door of the police department. Not even the door stopped her, she ran inside to the shelter and bombarded the officer with her extremely important issue.
“Please, sir, you don’t understand my problem.” Minji begged once more while  she jumped nervously at the information shelter. The man in front of her already rolled his eyes annoyed, how much he pitied the young lady, he knows well because of her daily visits, he wasn’t allowed to do what she wanted from him. “Miss, I don’t know how long you try to come here and how many times I already told you but for you I'll repeat it again: Your parents are officially allowed to go where ever they want without telling it anyone. Since we don’t know where exactly they are and if their life is in danger we can’t set the whole country to control to search for them. We contacted Busan's security for you and forwarded our information. They had put on a classified advertisement but after a while it was put down because of the resent critical situation there. As long as there get people killed that strangely, they won't concentrate on your concern.” The man muttered down that sentence like he always did when Minji visit the department. Minji snorted angrily “No! I just got a call that they’ve found my parents!” The man looked up with a high raised eyebrow. “So? Who called you?” Minji had to think about it for a time, she didn’t listen to the name really. “Ah, eh…Officer Jang…Jeong!“ she said and the man sighed again. “Please wait a second, I will look if he has time for you.” and walked away.

An eternity later the man finally came back and ordered her to follow him to the desk were the officer already waited for her. “Annyeonghassimnikka, officer Jeong.” She put herself together to be patently but she put herself to a test. She didn’t want to talk long around! She needed some facts! “Miss Choi, please sit down.”
He inhaled before he started, he knew she would not be amused with what he needed to tell her – not at all! “I know you waited really long until we were able to push our investigation forward and I also know that you must have been through a really tough time.” He started and Minji was already annoyed because he wasn’t here to get some lectures about how great the police tried to help her, when they absolutely didn’t! “I know and that’s why I’m here, right? You found my parents, where are they?” she said and the officer sighed “It’s not that easy, miss. I can say to you there’s a good and a bad news.” “Before you ask, I want to hear the good news first!” the officer nodded and folded his hands on the desk and bend a bit forward “The good news is that we found out where your parents are and that they’re all fine.” He avoided the gaze of the young lady in front of her. He saw hope making her face glow, she smiled already happily. And he would be the one to break her hope within seconds. He really hated his job sometimes. “The bad news is, and I’m really sad to tell you this but…They didn’t give permission to let you know where exactly they are. They only asked for closing the missing file as they aren’t missing and told to stop investigations.”

Minji’s smile faded, her jaw dropped and she literally felt the blood washing out of her face. Inside her mind she tried to repeat the officer’s sentence over and over inside her head but what he just said was the greatest bull she ever heard. “What?” she asked and the officer repeated the exact words again and she crumpled her forehead “Sir, I’m not dumb, I understand what you said but what should that mean they closed the file!? They can’t close the file! My parents still missing! They’re not here, so they’re missing! Nobody need to give permission, I have the right to know where they are!!! They’re my parents!” Minji didn’t notice how she had stood up and with it also raised her tone to a panic loud screaming. “I know this. It’s strange that they closed the file but you have to ehm…I’m really not the person that brings the bad news but didn’t you have thought about a possibility why it’s like this?” Minji looked confused and shook her head since she didn’t know what he was referring to. “It’s possible that the police had found them but your parents are asked if the police is allowed to give official information off where they are right now.” Minji sat back on her seat because the shock was profound. Tears of anger made her vision unclear and she grimaced her face to not start crying “What do you mean they don’t want me to know where they are? Is this a joke? I hear nobody laughing.” She sniffed and quickly whipped over her face. She was madly angry of that stupid officer. He only want to get rid of her that’s why he said so cruel things to her. But she wouldn’t let herself back off from something like this. She straightened her body, sat up straight and put her chin up. “If that’s really like this I want to see the file! They had to sign this thing, right? At least I have that due! I’m sorry but like this I can’t believe it.”  

“Our archive isn’t for the audience.” Minji bit her lips, she had annoyed that man for ages but today she will be the one with the stubborn head! Even if that means to ran with your head through walls! “If that’s so, it’s not for audience then. It’s for me, Choi Minji and I’m the daughter of my parents so I’m also allowed to see if they themselves let the file close! I can’t believe you.” she said and the man in his uniform was really sad to see that broken kid sitting at his desk like this. He had seen a lot of things but because she was the last months that often here with him, discussed for ages and insisted him to work harder and find her parents, he started to feel with her. He had really tried his best but… “Sorry miss I really can’t do anything for you.” Minji hit her fist on the table, make the police officer shrug as he sipped from his already cooled down coffee “Then send me to someone who can!” the man backed his chin as he looked down to the coffee fleck on his shirt and whipped out a tissue. “I can’t just send you someone. I’m not a mail man. Please, Miss Choi don’t make this ridiculous. Screaming at me won’t get your parents back.” He said grumpily as the fleck got only bigger, whipping over it. “Then bring me to someone!” she said and the man stopped to clean his shirt for a second and looked with a crooked smile to the clumsy man as she observed his desperate look to the messed white shirt. These discussions had always ended like this between them, they were arguing at each other for the stupidest things but in the end she was the one who was on the disadvantaged side. She sighed and let herself fall back in her seat, ruffling her head and thought about something that could help her out.

The man finally opened a drawer of his desk and put out some paper he laid in front of her “I’m normally not like this. But you annoyed me all the time and I want only one day where you won’t waste your time and spent hours here and try to get your stubborn head through the wall. I’m thinking of your waste of time you better should spent in school or your free time. So I’ll help you! You will fill out this paper and come back to me tomorrow.” He said with a dimmed voice so Minji had to bend forward to still hear hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter