Fleeing your destiny

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji ran like there was no tomorrow. When the pair of red wolf eyes had stared right into her eyes, so intensive and with a gleam of intimidation, she got feared right away and did the most stupid thing out of all reaction she could think of - running! "Don't run away from wolves. Their instincts will tell them to chase you like a victim. Their hunting sense will be activated by the slightest move backward. You have to face them. Stare them into the eyes while making yourself big. Do not run away." This was, what her dad always said to her. And what was she doing? Running! Because it was already too late to change her plans, she forced herself to speed up even more even she didn't see clearly and the path went downhill really fast. With the growls of hungry, sharp wolf snouts in her back, Minji was more jumping wide steps downhill instead of running probably, she was way faster than her body could handle.

They don't scare me, I am not a victim! she repeated to herself the same moment the sound of teeth biting the air startled her until the point she almost fell over, but it was such a weak lie. She was scared to death. Zigzagged like a startled bunny, like a ping pong ball, she pushed herself away from one tree to another before she smashed against them, jumped over stones and slithered over leaves, branches scratching her cheeks, thorns clawed her clothes like hungry paws down her way in the darkness. Suddenly she stumbled over a root and screamed as she fell, her body turned over and over again, taking scrubs and leaves with her until she finally landed on her stomach, meters later, and moaned as her whole body was in pain. She couldn't breathe and when she tried to stood up the whole forest was spinning around her eyesight and she dropped down to the floor again. It was senseless anyway to flee, she thought desperately and turned around to face the wolves at least, but there were no wolves.

Where were they? Was she that fast? Minji gasped overwhelmed from the thought that she maybe really had a chance to survive and tried to move when three black shadows appeared in front of her and not a second later she faced big dark monsters with hungry golden eyes observing the small meal in front of them. Minji stood up, still trembling and blinked a few times, holding her hand right in front of her body “S-stay away!” she cried and after a few blinks there was only one wolf left as her vision got clear again. The moment it stand right in front of her, Minji realized how much taller it was for a wolf and came to the conclusion, that her eyes didn't play a game with her when she had thought the wolf earlier had almost an subnormal, amazing height for grey wolves. Needs to be some strong genes, she thought, or some mutations.

Minji's heart still tried to flee the way it pounded fast against her chest but she couldn't move a muscle, only faced the wolf and stared right into his dark golden eyes that looked like honey drowning the silver moon light into the depth of the intimidate gaze. She was trapped. It was her end. She will be the meal of a black monster this night. She already felt its teeth piercing into her skin and ripped her off in pieces. She got dizzy and was about to faint by the thought that Sajin would be all by her own, if Minji wouldn't survive. She can't let this happen! When the wolf stepped closer Minji stamped her feet to the ground to place herself on solid ground, tightening every muscle and clinched her hands to both sides of her body, making herself tall and looked as fierce she could down to the wolf. She wouldn't give up, she succeeded to flee a pack,  she would handle one wolf with ease! Minji didn’t remember to see a total black wolf with the one she was fleeing from at all, she suddenly noticed.

To her all surprised amazement the predator laid on all fours to her feet, wiggling it's tail friendly and looked up to her. Minji blinked a few times in wonder, she just stared right into his eyes which made him whimper - he was giving up. Minji let her arms fall to her side and loosen her shoulders and took a step back, the wolf watched her still. It didn't seem to make a move at all and Minji stepped back again, wanted to leave like this when she slipped off a small stone and fell on her back with a pain filled and also scared hiss. Cursing her own stupidity she tried to bob up but the wolf already stood up and slowly stepped toward her. Minji gasped but couldn't stand up from the pain in her ankle she could swear it was skewed. She turned her head away in fear what was coming next and closed her eyes as it was the only way to flee her doomed life that would end so soon.

In a stare of shock she lied there, waiting, when she felt the abrasive tongue her hurt ankle. Nothing more. She opened her eyes again and dared a glance toward the wolf. There it lied, blowing air with a relaxed huff which tickled her skin. Minji sat up, still carefully and looked how the wolf raised his eyebrows in curiosity. "You won't eat me, will you?" she whispered and it really looked deeply hurt by this, hiding its face with one paw and grunt shortly. A smile twitched over her lips and she slowly came near with her hand to let it sniff at her. This situation had something really familiar and acquainted to the encounter with the wolf when she was a little girl and let her heart beat speed up and she almost wanted to believe that it could have been one and the same wolf. But that day it was on Jejudo, therefore impossible it was the same wolf.

When she finally tried to stand up from the dirty, cold ground she hissed as she had problems to stand on her feet. How was she able to walk to her car with that damn skewed ankle? Hopping on one feet she tried to balance her body when the wolf placed herself next to her, its shoulder reaching her hips with ease. Her fingers gripped in its deep black fur and walked a few steps like this when the wolf turned its head and poked her leg, rolling its eyes to its back. "What?" Minji asked and the wolf repeated it once more. Minji frowned her forehead and shook her head as she understood "No, I won't. It's okay like this." but the wolf didn't seem to like long discussions and curled its lips back. Startled from the forceful gaze she sighed and carefully got on the wolf's back. She felt the tight strains of back muscles under her and steadied herself with her legs around, even every contraction of her muscle burned like fire. After Minji got comfortable with the move the wolf got in a trot and finally speed up to ran through the forest, Minji holding tight on the tight back fur to not fall down. Her heart was pounding three times faster than they were running through the night and Minji wasn't sure if it was the adrenaline running through her veins the sudden comfortable feeling that made her feel strangely safe on the wolf's back or if the wolf was really trustworthy. She felt how she calmed down by the warm feeling of its body in the cold night and taking in the deep and heavy scent of it, the part that smelled like the foreign forests he went through and the part that felt like a hug in front of at a fireside on a cold winter's day.

After a while the wolf stopped and Minji looked up to a wooden house that looked abandoned. The wolf let her down and with on last goodbye bark it turned around and was gulped by the dark of the night, with it the warm and safe feeling Minji had felt. Wondering where the wolf had left her she limped toward the door and knocked a few times but as nobody opened her she entered the house. There was really nobody inside but it didn't look like it was completely lonely. There were a few clothes from the former owner lying around and a backpack in the corner. Too exhausted to care about this now the bed looked too inviting for Minji to resist. She locked the door and had no choice but to lay down on the bed until it was morning. She wouldn't dare to go outside this night again and imediently fell into a deep sleep.

After some hours the wolf came back to the house and transformed back to his human form. The boy entered the house which laid soundless in the dark night. But it wasn’t completely silence. Before he even entered the house he heard the heart beat of the girl. She must be so afraid and he pitied her to made such a shocking experience. When he had seen her falling downhills his heart had really skipped a beat, scared she would break herself every single fragile bone to dust but she was really lucky. He couldn’t help himself but to safe this girl from the hungry teeth which had been following her. He knew them too well to know they would have tried to kill her. An unbending urge to protect this girl from her fatal fortune had completely controlled his body and he was willing to do anything to keep her safe. It was a strange, strong feeling which he had only felt once in his life before. That feeling had forced him to help her, that feeling he always had remembered in his heart. He sat down on the seat at the small wooden table in the middle of the room and placed his chin on his hands on the armrest and watched the girl in her restless sleep.

Even now she threw her head to the side like she was still looking out for predators chasing her. As in a werewolves' nature he was able to influent people around him with the same feeling he sent out if he was concentrating enough and it had helped him before too as she was all scared on his back, made him feeling like he was chased from all the scared emotion coming down on him. He calmly breathed  in and out, sending his comfort around to her, trying to relax her body and mind and to his surprise it really worked - for a short second. He snorted frustrated and thought about getting closer to her but he hesitated. He was afraid she would wake up and see him, which the shy boy really wanted to avoid. He hated to admit it but he still felt uncomfortable in his human form around other humans and so he wanted to avoid to scare her until the point she would jump off the bed and run away but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter