I am Park Chanyeol!

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thanks to his good werewolf senses, Phoenix already knew from where the unfamiliar pack members were coming from and ran toward the wolves. With the aim to confuse them, he did the extreme opposite what they were probably expecting from him and only a few miles before their paths would cross, he turned to the right and hollered, for his chasers to follow him. He risked getting caught for the girl's safety and for her to stay far away from any werewolf. What leaded him was the feeling deep inside; that he needed to protect her from everyone. He ran among the trees and heard the wolves behind him slowly approached him. They were quite fast, but Phoenix was faster. He was always  one of the strongest, smartest and fastest and left his former members always behind a dusty cloud when they raced through the woods for fun but this pack was almost as fast as him and he felt his lungs lingering for more air as he slowly felt exhausted. He already had left the forest behind him, came near the territory’s end when the chasers slowly got tired; Phoenix knew by the exhausted sound of their exhales and they slowed down, increasing the gap between the omega and them, loosing him. One of them barked, an order for him to stop but it sounded more desperate than dominant, still Phoenix slammed his paws into the lose earth to stop and jumped around up on a tree log and looked down for a pair of red alpha eyes. Once he looked at his follower, only for a quarter of second, he could hear his voice in his mind – he had allowed the leader to communicate with him through telepathy.

"Stop,please!"

the voice begged and Phoenix was really irritated to hear such a soft voice that didn’t seemed to belong to the fierce eyes of the golden furred wolf-.

“Stop for a second. We won’t hurt you.”

he heard him calling out for him but Phoenix wasn’t sure if he could trust them. What if it was only a trap? Because they knew, that he was faster. Phoenix turned around and jumped down the tree log he was standing on. Knowing s, they would have said anything bad so the Seoul pack left them and put their chase after him instead. Phoenix snorted frustrated because  he was the one who entered their territory first, that's why he was the actual aim. He was the one who teased them with the tracks, caused by his indecision. He heard the frustrated growls behind him while Phoenix had thought for a while weather to stop or flee and finally decided to run until he reached the southern border of their territory and slowly erased his speed until he finally stopped and turned around to wait for them. He was standing in the middle of a field and the wind murmured to him to flee, he heard the grasses shivering of what would happen next and so did Phoenix. Far away he heard the sound of cars driving on the streets, near him the sound of hectic heart beats like his own and the sound of fast paws coming near. He tried to blend out the sound of his own loud panting, his snout and let his tongue hang out with a grin that they needed a few seconds until they finally showed up.

The first one who's red eyes appeared in the high grass were those of Yifan, alias Kris, the wolf with the moonlight silver fur, followed by the other alpha Joonmyun, the golden fur seemed like still holding. He had informed himself really well before he intruded here and was filled with confidence to face them with every day he drew his journey to a close but now he was careful, nervous, anxious. Even more he felt his body weaken from his feelings, when he noticed that they all were partly drained in blood, their snouts and paws sprinkled with the deep red color. He was safe where he stood, the territory ends right there where there was space between him and the two wolves, Phoenix was standing in no-man's-land, yet he didn’t even feel safe on the other side of the territory where they normally weren’t allowed to chase him. But would they stop now, when they had almost caught up with him!? Unsure if he should flee again he wigged from one side to another and scratched his paws into the earth, his muscles ready to jump away and flee. He was extremely nervous but there was something that held him back, the same reason that had sent him up to here: the feeling of belonging nowhere and the fact that he couldn't go somewhere else anyway.

“We won’t hurt you. Just please wait a second.”

Joonmyun explained, he was out of breath and his chest was moving heavy while he waited for a reaction from the stranger. He didn't believed at first that the intruder really stopped when he had called out for him out of desperation as he knew they would never cought up with him if Kris and he couldn't stop him somehow. What Kris just had seen as he left him and Jongdae earlier had surprised Joonmyun that much that he had decided to not kill the still alive stranger but first want to talk to him. Phoenix was still hesitating, his ears close to his head and unsure about the situation. Joonmyun moaned exhausted, he couldn't remember when he had run that much in one night.

“We just want to know who you are and what happened.”

"How can I trust you?"

A Sigh.

Of course he wouldn't trust him but Joonmyun didn't want him to run away again, he was too exhausted to follow him another time - leaving out the fact that he wasn't allowed anyway to follow him out of their territory to chase him. Joonmyun transformed to his human form and stood up, the high cut grass almost reaching his belly bottom, his skin exposed to the moonlight and a shiver ran all over his body by the cold wind. There were many advantages for staying in his wolf form but for winning the black wolf's trust he risked to turn to his human form. With both hands up in the air Joonmyun said "Because we really just want to talk to you. You're out of our territory anyway, we're not allowed to hurt you and we won't hurt you if you stay and answer our questions." Kris snorted amused the way how naiv Suho was and really thought that his plan would work. Suddenly someone started laughing behind him. "First you tell me to get some clothes but then I find you all anyway. It's cold tonight, huh?" Jongdae, stamping his two feet through the field toward his leaders, all amused,  handled Joonmyun his clothes and Joonmyun laughed bitter and rolled his eyes "Because those grass blades are pricking my , if it's what you want to hear, Chen!" and Jongdae grimaced his face "No, I didn't want to hear that your precious is pricked by grass, just...." he sighed "I learned my lesson, I won't ask next time." and gave Kris a pair of jeans and a shirt as well as he transformed back too. Only know Phoenix noticed that Chen had missed all the time and watching that scene irritated Phoenix.

Why do they act so comfortable all of a sudden? Why did they dare to transform? Doesn’t it made them look weak? Humans are weak.

Chen glanced angrily at the stranger who ducked away from those dangerous eyes.

"Weak?We're weak? Tss, big headed beast of a..."

"Cheeenn..."

Joonmyun finally looked back to a pair of scared eyes that belong to Phoenix and smiled “You’re really fast, huh?” he chuckled and put his long shirt on that loosely fell over his small shoulders but he felt way better now, all dressed and tried to ease the tense of this situation, so he hoped, but Phoenix only found his behavior extremely weird. He looked bizarre with his friendly smile around his lips who were still red from blood and acted all friendly when he was supposed to be angry, angst-inducing!

“You killed them, right? You killed those wolves.”

Phoenix said in a deep low voice, wanted to sound confident but there was slight angst flowing within his voice that was all thin and shaky. Joonmyun straightened his body again, but he looked sad, really sad to the ground and slouched his shoulders and looked then to Yifan. “I really am sorry for that accident. They were your pack members, right?” he avoided to look at Phoenix at all which confused the new boy again. Was he ashamed for killing intruders?

“Actually not. I’m almost glad you got them. They bothered me with their following.”

Joonmyun looked up in surprise and Yifan’s eyes grew big. “Who are you to be glad about the deaths of your own mates.” Yifan crossed his arms in front of him, mirroring Phoenix’s body position and raised his eyebrow. That intruder was more than suspicious and strange and he really disliked that he was still in his wolf form. That made him advantaged and dangerous. They really need to be careful.

“They killed more often than they could ever pay back, so they deserved to die. They all do! I left the pack myself.  I was rid of them.They kill humans. They killed enough.”

He looked to the side and grinned his teeth, ashamed to talk so bad about things he did once, too.

“I admit that I killed too…a long time ago.”

Jongdae observed Phoenix from head to paw and frowned his eyebrows. He then threw the extra pair of trousers and shirt Joonmyun ordered him to bring in front of the wolf's paws and Phoenix looked down. “So you’re from the banned Jeju pack, right? One of those killer machines with their nasty, fcking pure blooded, brain washed attitude, killing innocent people for the thr-” “Chen!” Yifan warned him and Jongdae was quiet right away. Yifan would rethink if he would take Jongdae ever with him on patrol again. "If you're already talking to us anyway, won't you talk to me between man and man?" Yifan said and nodded toward the clothes on the ground. Phoenix wasn't in favor to transform but he better not refused the alpha's please and stood on two legs in a few seconds, pulling on the clothes that rubbed over his skin really uncomfortable. It was like the clothes stuck on him like a second skin. Jongdae closed his eyes and turned his head away as he silently giggled into his hands when he noticed why Joonmyun's shirt was all lose on him when Phoenix's shirt stuck on him like a kid's shirt. Seems like he handled them the wrong clothes. “What is your name?” Yifan turned his attention back to the current situation and asked the tall boy, reaching his high with no problem. He felt the strong aura of the stranger up to himself, even he stood meters away and was careful with what h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter