When the sun goes down, there're still little stars that shine

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Minji opened her eyes she had no idea for how long she had actually slept. She just remembered that she gave up kicking against the door like a freak when Sehun had locked her away and only had managed to put off her shoes, grab a blanket and lied down on the couch to fall asleep. She sat up and the blanket slipped down her shoulder and she rubbed her eyes tiredly. When she opened them again she saw some papers on the table and a little note “Call me when you’re awake.” And the papers were filled with notes from the lectures she had missed. She quickly searched for her phone and dialed his number “Yeoboseyo?” he said and Minji pressed the phone with both hands against her ear as he sounded far away. “Did you really left out your lectures to go to mine, you punk!?” she said and Sehun sat next to her, with his phone in his hand, a sandwich between his lips and stretched himself all long. “Yeah, it was really tiring!” he mumbled and put his phone away to eat his sandwich happily and Minji turned to him. “Sehun!” she said desperately. He looked to her and crooked a smile and Minji sighed somehow relieved “Thank you.”. She remembered how shamelessly she had cried some hours ago and felt embarrassed that she had lost herself that much to her sadness. Sehun didn’t ask pushy questions but she knew he died of curiosity. “C-can we go, eat something? I’m hungry. And depending on how long you're already here, I guess the fridge is empt.” she said cutely and but Sehun laughed “I already waited for you to say that. Let's go, I'll treat you.”

Chanyeol smiled bright when he saw Sehun and Minji entering the cafe but when he saw how depressed she looked his smile died on his lips and left only worry to his curious heart. He looked to Baekhyun but he just shrugged his shoulders and looked with a long neck to Sehun and where they sat down to a table. Minji wasn’t even talking much or looking around but only stared right in front of her, trying to find a way to start telling Sehun what she had found out. Baekhyun and Sehun exchanged some glances and Baekhyun picked his pen behind his ear and went right over to their table. "Such a sweet afternoon, right?" he smiled all bright and when Minji looked up he saw how forced her smile was and she only nodded shortly "It's nice because the sun shines." she says and Baekhyun pouted "Oh Minjiji what ghost surprised you in your sleep that you look so sadly? Maybe I can bring you something sweet to light up your mood?" He was still smiling all bright to make her smile too but she nodded again "Surprise me positively." she said and Baekhyun circled his thumb and index finger to an ok sign and looked then to Sehun. “And for you?”

"What happened? Bad news from her parents?"

He asked but Sehun depressed a sigh "For me a coffee. Black."

"I don't know what happened yet. But Sajin called the police this morning as she woke up alone."

"Oh poor baby and that when she's so afraid, right? Where's she now?"

"With Jongin's niece. Minji needs some stress free afternoon hours."

"Okay, I'll come back quickly with your order." And as soon as he was gone, Minji gave up her fake smile as she knows that she couldn't smile her real feelings in front of Sehun anyway. "So tell me where you were this morning, Minji." Sehun finally asked without sounding forcing as he only was curious where she was and why she risked leaving Sajin all by her own. Minji hide her face between her shoulders and hide her nervous hands between her legs. "I-I was allowed to go to the archive." She casted up her eyes to look at Sehun who only scratched his head "What? Why do you where there in the morning? They aren't open aren't they?" She nodded her head. "I had a kind of appointment there so it was okay.” Sehun looked at her with curiosity as she suddenly paused and bit her lips. Tears of disappointment were hard to hide when she felt tired and hungry at once and she needed to snort sarcastically to shake off the pain inside her chest and blurred out with the truth. "I guess my parents are still alive."

"Chanyeol can you bring that to table 3 where Sehun and Minji are sitting?" Xiumin gave the tray to him and he nodded and walked with mixed feelings up to the table. Every step he came near, he got more nervous, he had never problems with fade ouz other people's emotions as he was so sensitive for human's feelings but what hit him when he looked at Minji bothered him to his bones. His eyes flickered to her and with every look he felt...more sad. "Hello, you two, nice to see you. Here's your order." he said unsure and placed the coffee in front of Sehun and a big cup of hot soup and a plate of a big delicious piece of chocolate cake to Minji. "With lovely greetings from our kitchen fairy Kim Minseok. He said it's a special order for you, Minji. Sweet things always brings back bright smiles." He said, looking on his hand where he had note down what Jongdae had told him to say. Minji smiled weakly up to Chanyeol "Thank you really much, please give that also back to Minseok. I will enjoy it all!" and Chanyeol nodded shortly, disappointed that she still seemed all sad. He left again and Minji grabbed the fork with a loud sigh, Sehun still patiently waiting for her to tell him everything. "I don't know how I should say this, Sehun. I can't say it out loud. It's different when you only read it on a dead piece of paper instead of spitting out words for real."

"You talk in mysteries but you don't have to if you can't." he said finally and sipped from his coffee. Minji nooded and looked around but of course, Byunghun who she was searching for wasn't here today. When Jongdae in this moment walked by Minji stopped him and called him over to her “Jongdae, is Byunghun not here, today?” she asked and Jongdae shook his head “No, he’s not here today. Why?” he asked curious and Sehun looked really confused to Minji, who behaved really strange today. “Ah nothing, it’s nothing. Just curious.” She said and Jongdae shrugged his shoulders “I’ll tell him you asked for him.” “NO!” she said quickly and a bit too loud “Ah. No, please don’t tell him.” Jongdae again shrugged his shoulders. “O-okay. Enjoy your cake.” and walked to Baekhyun “I tell you, something here’s really fishy! And I don't mean Minji. Look at Chanyeol's face. Why he's so sad suddenly?” and Baekhyun sighed and shrugged his shoulders, his eyes and ears to Minji and Sehun without being too obvious. Chanyeol couldn’t leave his big ears off the conversation, too as he desperately wanted to know why Byunghun seemed to be so important and if that's why she was not smiling. “Are you jealous, or what?” Jongdae joked and Chanyeol stared with wide eyes to Jongdae “Me!? I-no I’m not jealous. What is it like to be jealous?” and Jongdae rolled his eyes.

Minji finally looked up from her cake she only had scratched on the chocolate toping and wasn't sure if she was even hungry at all or if worries lied like a rock in her stomach. "When I was in the archive, Byunghyun was there too." she finally said, her chin cupped in her hand and Sehun choked on his coffee and quickly took his napkin to wipe his lips. "What? Is that guy stalking you or what?" "Who's fault is that propably!?" Minji pointed her fork to his nose. "Hey I already talked to him and told him that I only made a joke to tease you. He said it's okay and that he doesn't even want something from you." Sehun explained and Minji sighed, placing her fork next to the plate, the cake already covered with rude scratches all over making it look like a nervous kitten had used the topic as cat stand. "I know. But there was something strange and I didn't understand it.” Sehun cocked his eyebrow, he wondered what Byunghun really did there. Minji looked out of the window for a really long time and tested Sehun on patience. He rested his hands on his knees and counted to ten until he took a small sip from his cup until he waited again. His coffe was already empty when finally, finally, Minji looked back at him and folded her hands on the table. "Does Byunghun have anything to do with Chanyeol or Yifan?" she looked at Sehun, observing his face in detail to search for his reaction. But as always he was too hard to look through. "No, why? Of course, Chanyeol works with him but what do you mean?" Minji fumbled nervously with her thumbs and nodded, flickered her eyes around and saw Baekhyun quickly turn around and started whistling. Did he eaves drop from that distance!?

"He observed their files. I have no idea how he was able to do that but when he left he lied two files of Wu Yifan and Park Chanyeol on my table....but they were both empty." She said only with a whisper and Sehun narrowed his eyes and gazed aside, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae all looked confused to him as they had heard their conversation too. As Minji dropped their leader's name they were all wide-eared, alerted. Minji looked at Sehun for a long time and looked around when she felt watched but Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol quickly turned their heads away again and acted like they didn't hear anything. But they were in deep confusion.

"What does Byunghun want from our leader and Chanyeol?"

"I don't even know him!"

"But seems that he knows you now. I didn't know you already had a file."

"Yifan went with me to get my papers. Through a friend it worked immediately."

"Why isn't Byunhun here today?"

"He said he doesn't feel well."

"Tssss..."

"What now?"

"Where's Xiumin?"

"Busy in the kitchen. I'll ask him."

"Yeah, he should inform Kris."

"And what are we doing?"

"We act like we didn't hear anything and work."

“You’re doing a really bad job with that, Minji noticed you're eaves dropping, Baek.”

“Yeah, cute as she tried to whisper to you but I still could hear her. Hihi.”

“Is that something to be proud of?”

“No, Chanyeol, definitely not. It’s the last time that I’ll visit this café.”

“Oooh.”

"Chanyeol really seemed to like you, Sehun. Look, he’s upset now.”

Minji poked frustrated into her piece of cake and eat it without hunger. Sehun had turned his face away and didn't answer her. "Eotteoke..." she sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter