The heat of mating season

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol turned his attention back to Minji who huddled aground from the big pitch-black wolf in front of her. She just had seen how Chanyeol and Sehun stood right next to each other and the next moment two growling, teeth baring wolves were fighting over each other because of her. And now Sehun ran away leaving Minji without a goodbye and no information where he would go. Chanyeol was a werewolf like Sehun. He was the pitch-black werewolf who had saved her in the Bukhansan park. “Chanyeol.” She mumbled and Chanyeol’s ears twitched forward to her. “When have we met the very first time?” she only said in a whisper. Chanyeol barked, trying to tell her to follow and began to run away. “Chanyeol!” she gasped and stood up, looking for a last time down the hill and with a sad sigh she turned around and followed Chanyeol into the forest. He tried not to run too fast so she will lose him out of his eyesight.

Minji gasped for air when – after a marathon long running session – finally stopped in front of the abandoned wooden house. She remembered how he had sent here to hide from the wolves that had chased her. She opened the door but quickly covered her eyes with her hand as she had seen that Chanyeol didn’t wear a shirt. “Ah Chan-chanyeol. W-what are you doing!?” she blushed and turned around to go outside again but he closed the door and grabbed her hand to turn her around again “I’m sorry. But before I had no time to put off my clothes before I transformed. This is one of the most annoying things as a werewolf. I spent more money to new clothes than a shopaholic.” He chuckled it off cool he really succeeded to make her smile as well. He grinned happily all over his face "Do you really like me...a lot?" he quoted her and if it was even possible he smiled wider, watching how she blushed hardly and avoided his eyes. “Chanyeol.” She said embarrassed, softly wiping off his hand to get back to a clearer mind as his touch made million small bubbles burst inside her stomach. She quickly need to change the topic before her knees would turn to pudding the way they already felt weak. “What happened…you know, I’m kind of confused, a bit unable to cope with…you know, I mean how is it even possible…” she ruffled her hair and looked with a begging gaze for help up to him. Chanyeol bit his lip, how was he able to explain without scaring her and make her run away from him?

“It’s kind of difficult to explain.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“What you’ve seen. It’s just that…”

“You and Sehun…you both are…werewolves?”

“Yes.”

“How is this possible?”

“I don’t know. I’m born with it.”

Minji sighed, she still couldn't believe  what she had seen just a minute ago. “I know Sehun since I was a little girl but I’ve never known about this. I feel horrible. It must be really hard living with this.” Chanyeol nodded and let his head sunk down. It was the first time that he has to explain what he actually is to someone that had no idea that monsters came alive when the moon rises. That fairy tales and stories of lycantropes were partly-true and weren’t only fictional. “Are you scared?” he softly mumbled and reached out for her hand again but hesitated. Minji looked down to their hands and intertwined her fingers with his, feeling the small lightning of happiness reaching her heart by his touch. “No, not now.” “I hope you don’t think wrong of me, I would never dare to hurt you.” Minji nodded, enjoying how his thumb circled over the back of her hand.

“Are you and Sehun the only werewolves here?” she wanted to know and from how she looked at him he already knew that she expected more and so he shook his head

“The reason why Kris let me live with him was that he’s our pack's leader.”

“I was confused before. Who’s Kris and Suho?”

“Ah, right. Yifan and Joonmyun. They’re our leaders.”

“What is with Luhan?”

“He’s a werewolf too.”

“Jongin?”

“As well…Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo are. Minseok and Yixing. Tao and Sehun.”

Minji gulped hard and leaned back against the wall. “You all…are…werewolves?!” Chanyeol nodded. He didn’t  know what undertone was in her voice when she said that but he felt unwell in his skin. “I-I…werewolves are killing, aren’t they?” she asked and Chanyeol shook his head “Ages ago werewolves killed vampires but they disappeared long time ago. Still some werewolves still have a really strong desire to kill and craving for human blood flowing.” Minji took instinctively a step back and Chanyeol looked offended “I know you must think that I’m one of those as well. I can hear how your heart is beating with fear.” Minji clutched her hand over her chest “No. I-I don’t want to be scared. I don’t think that you’d hurt me.” “Minji” he whispered and she looked deeply confused now to him, something in his voice had changed when he had said her name, like that name didn’t belong to her but him alone. Like it was him who owned her name all possessively. “You know, at first I didn’t know but with every second I look at you it is more clear to me...” He said and stepped closer to her. “With every second I’m more aware of how of a sweet and vulnerable girl you are. I’m scared that anybody could try to hurt you and I want to protect you from all those eyes. It’s a feeling I can’t fight but only gets greater with every minute I’m with you.” Minji exhaled loudly from the sweet pain in her heart that Chanyeol’s words gave her.

“Chanyeol.” She muttered but he put his index finger to her lips to make her stop saying his name “Don’t. The way you say my name no matter when, it makes me go crazy. I can’t control my heart if you just keep calling my name. I’m scared you don’t understand what I’m feeling.” She peeled down but didn’t say anything, instead she stumbled back into his chocolate brown eyes that looked with linger from her head to toe. “I wanted to tell you for so long. When I look at you, when we touch…” he softly her cheek and Minji felt that tingling sensation over her skin. “You’re feeling this too, right?” he said weakly, cupped her face and softly her cheek with his thumb. Minji nodded and smiled shyly. “At first I thought it was a crush, some overwhelming feelings of looking at a pretty girl and imagine knowing her better. I thought it was love when I was lucky enough to get to know you better but this isn’t the feelings of a flustered heart, not the feeling of love what I’m feeling. It’s neither nor kind of these feelings you think of. What we feel is something even more precious, something higher than what people call love.” His eyes glued to hers, let him drawn in another universe where there was only her and him. So deep he could give her soul a warm hug. “It’s destiny. That we’ve met wasn’t consciousness. I found my mate with you and I’m not willing to let go of you anymore. I'm not able to.” He pushed her chin up and met her lips halfway, pressing them against his with pleasure to get lost in a kiss.

Minji fell for him the way he took her into his embrace, her arms around his neck and standing on tip toes to reach his height better. He pushed her jacket from her shoulders to get her out of the thick fabric and got his hands under her shirt to feel the soft skin under his fingertips and carefully let his finger running down her back, with soft scratches leaving traces over her back. Minji sighed from the petty pain that gave her such a satisfying feeling, tightened her stomach and she pressed herself near him. “What’re you doing?” she whispered between their kisses but she didn’t want him to stop what he was doing. He combed her hair backwards and softly the side of her neck up and down. “I’m making you mine. Leaving marks on you, so nobody would dare to come closer. It’s a warning for others, a sign on you that makes you mine. I want you to be only mine.” He left kisses along her neck side and being so close to her he heard her heart beating like a kettledrum, beating even stronger and with heat as he precautious nibbled on her soft skin and once having a taste for her, he couldn’t stop but gently on it to shamelessly leave a hickey right on her neck side. More scared than pleased Minji stemmed her arms against him, try to push him away “Chanyeol!” she said half in a moan, half of a scared scream as she thought he would really bite her. He let go and looked in her hazel brown, deer-scared eyes but smiled from her cute reaction. “Golden eyes.” She gasped as she looked at the changing color of his iris turning to a thick amber shining gold. “I won’t hurt you, Minji.” He said calmly and softly kissed the back of her hand and leaned his head against it.

“I was just…a little scared.”  she said and tried to catch her breath, blushing really hard. “I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said but he only felt sorry for letting himself stop from her. Once he let go off her, he only wanted more and tried hard to hold back the urge to throw her against the wall and rip off all her clothes to mark every single part of her delicious body. Those thoughts he never had before took away his breath and he felt like a hungry beast for lingering so much for her body. But he was indeed hungry for more kisses and more skin, more touches. But she shouldn’t feel afraid. “You asked where we’ve met before.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter