Intruders Pt.II - Scent tracking

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun, Jongdae arrived first, out of breath, they stopped next to Kris and didn’t see Chanyeol at first. “What happened? Where’s Chanyeol?” Baekhyun said, looking around and saw the blood on the ground, the corpse in the dust and then he saw Chanyeol lying on the floor too - not moving - but he heard his breath so he wasn’t dead…yet. “Family conflict.” Kris said with a glance to the bruised boy in the grass, sobbing and wincing with his eyes shut and explained then to Baekhyun and Jongdae what happened. Jongdae and Baekhyun came from a nearby game hall when they felt the panic tickling in their bodies that leaded them here and Kris had already called Luhan while Chanyeol was sunk down in his own thoughts that he didn't even noticed a single thing around him.

I could have been the next! My cousins Kris killed could actually have been myself. Kris could have made short process with me, too. I was an intruder like them too and in comparison to me they were treated like one. Kris warned me to kill me too. Chanyeol's eyes were all teary when he slowly tried to get the blood from his fingers; wiping it over the grass and digged his nails into the wet earth until dirt covered the red lines of blood on his hands. I didn't want to hurt them like this. I didn't want to kill him. I treated him like an intruder when I was one myself a few days before too. I could have been him and would now lie in my own blood. Nobody that would miss me at home if I would be dead, no one that would pitied my death at all. I would have died alone as I has been born alone. All my life I would have been alone if I would have been the one Kris had killed.

“Cousins!? Those intruders were his cousins!?” Jongdae blurred out and Baekhyun looked to Chanyeol again with mixed feelings and purched his lip. "Kris, he looks desperately!" he said as he saw how he still lied on the ground, plugged senselessly grass and curled himself up to a small ball. “You pity him!? Baek he killed his cousin!! Are you even listening? It’s like I would kill you because we argued about nothing!?” Baekhyun frowned his head and looked to him “Probably more the other way around….leave it, Chen you can’t compare this situation! Chanyeol was all alone by himself, hated by everyone. Don't you listen what Kris told? He must have suffered a lot!" Jongdae opened his mouth but Baekhyun totally ignored him and looked to Kris. "What did you do to him to tell you all this?" Baekhyun asked curious and Kris smiled like he had already waited to get asked about it. But that was his own little secret. He only did what he had done when Luhan and Xiumin had needed it too. He was there to listen. Nothing more. Chanyeol did the rest himself, he opened up to him because he needed it, not because Kris forced him to. "Leader secret." Kris only said and before Baekhyun could groan frustrated about the answer, Luhan  jumped out the car to run toward them "What happened to Tao and Lay?" Kris asked and Luhan’s serious eyes observed the place while he reported back "Lay called me, there were four werewolves entering and they had distracted Lay and Tao so they needed to part and suddenly Tao disappeared. Lay lost the two he was had tracked and found Tao beaten up in a blind end near the shopping mall.” Luhan explained to Kris who ruffled his hair and hissed angrily. "Is he hurt?" he asked and meant if Tao was dangerously hurt. Out of question, that he must look terrible if he got beaten up but still Kris worried if something serious happened. "No, Sehun and Kai are already with him and Sehun said he looks “pretty good” but they're on their way to his father to be on the safe side. D.o know too is with Suho who's on his way to pick up Xiumin.” Kris nodded satisfied, at least Luhan organized that everybody got informed immediately.

"Kris, I still don't understood how they're able to got till here without us noticing it!" Luhan said and added a silent complaining that Kris had decided to go with Chanyeol on patrol instead of him. He really complains about that even in this situation! Kris clenched his teeth "I only noticed them as they stood right in front of us. They were quite clever and disguised themselves really good. But I wonder what they really wanted. A pack trying to get into other’s territory to kill their own left omega, if they had expected him dead anyway doesn't even make sense." He looked to Chanyeol again and Baekhyun finally walked over to help him up and Baekhyun asked if he feels alright with which Chanyeol only answered with a numb nod. "I heard you defended our Tao really well?" Baekhyun said with a smile and Chanyeol looked confused to Baekhyun. "It must sound weird to you, but that's how you're defending your pack members! It feels strange to have you around but you're with us now! We’re your family now, right?" and patted his shoulder while Jongdae carefully looked over his cousin but he snorted amused when Chanyeol all suddenly hugged Baekhyun who looked extremely surprised and even Kris chuckled satisfied.

Finally, Joonmyun arrived in his van and they all followed Kris to the van. “I sent Lay and Xiumin to search for the two other intruders." Joonmyun said and Kris nodded and looked to Baekhyun and Jongdae. "You go too. Luhan, you go with me. We go southside's and get there with Joonmyun’s car. Don’t part. We don’t know how strong they are.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened when he heard that there were still two other intruders “No! I want to go too, please Kris! They’re searching for me and I’m able to find them earlier than you! Please let me go!” “No!” Kris said with a force that Chanyeol let duck his head away afraid “No, Chanyeol you won’t go. Just look at you, Joonmyun will get you home. If they’ll know that you’re really here they will send more to get you.”

I’m sorry to say this but for them, you’re dead. Someone only needs to go tell them.

All eyes were on Chanyeol to look for his reaction and even his words hurt, Chanyeol knew that Kris was right and nodded. "Kris" he said sheepishly and Kris turned to Chanyeol again, with one foot already in the van, while Luhan had already got in the car and looked impatiently to Chanyeol. "I'm sorry for what I did. I'm really sorry to growl at you." Kris crossed his arms and leaned against the van door and pointed Chanyeol to jump in finally. "Right. I should better let you walk home for punishment." Out of nowhere Joonmyun let the horn holler and everybody got startled "Jump in or you two will walk. It starts raining." and Chanyeol looked up and wiped the few rain drops from his face. Baekhyun and Jongdae took Luhan's car and drove away. When Chanyeol looked out of the window as Joonmyun started the engine he looked at the bench where the empty cans lied. "Thanks for the coke, Kris." Chanyeol said and smiled shyly to Kris

And for listening to me too.

And Kris pushed Chanyeol’s arm friendly. “Don’t get too thankful.” “Right, Tao got only in danger because of you, Chanyeol.” Luhan said grumpily and got and head-shooking Suho gaze from the back mirror, and Kris also looked to Luhan “I actually mean that because I really hate bromance.” And Luhan only turned away and snorted. “You should have taken me with you in first place.”

“I’m sorry, we need to leave earlier.” Sehun said when he put his phone back in his pocket and quickly put his books in his bag, the same as Jongin, who looked like he had heard through Sehun’s phone. But of course Sehun had told Jongin what happened through a short conversation through telepathy. Minji who had watched Sehun when the phone called and had watched Sehun’s eyes flickered nervously from left to right looked up to them “What happened?” she asked for the second time but Sehun just ruffled his hair and grabbed his jacket “Ah, just Tao had a little controversy with some...guys…nothing serious. I’ll pick you up later.” But Minji shook her head “No need to hurry. I’ll call you. Take care, please.” and Sehun nodded and left with Jongin who waved a goodbye to Minji and they run t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter