Intruders Pt.I - Scars of enemy family

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Leadership is unlocking people's potential to become better" - Bill Bradley

"You're not going to go with Sehun and Kai to college" Kris said when Chanyeol had asked if he could go with them. "Oh. Okay." Were Chanyeol's only words when he sadly sunk his head down and sat on the couch. He felt stiff and aching all over his body from work and his feet hurt from walking way too much on two feet. Somehow he had the feeling that walking on two legs was more painful. "You can go here and there the way you want to. What do you want to do there anyway?" Kris drummed his fingers on the table, thinking hard what to do with this curious kid. It was way too early to let him go with the youngest all by themselves. He needed to hear first what Kyungsoo said about their day. Maybe Joonmyun should take him with him first. "No, sorry Chanyeol, you can't. Joonmyun will take you tomorrow. There's no time yet to go to college."

Chanyeol looked wondering to his leader. "W-what?" Chanyeol was really surprised to hear that. Didn't say Joonmyun that he will take him with him too primary school one day? That sounded more far away than tomorrow already. "Don't you want to go?" Kris asked with high raised eyebrows but Chanyeol shook his head violently "No no! I really want to go!!! But I didn't think I'm allowed to go....already? What if there's happening something?" He asked all shy but Kris only grabbed an apple from the table and turned it to both sides in his hand  "What could happen? If you're scared that something is happening then you better be careful, right?" Kris smirked at the confused werewolf boy who sighed and ruffled his hair. "O-of course I'll be careful. Will you really trust me?" Kris nodded. "I will. You better not disappoint me, right?" Chanyeol nodded again, he sat stiff straight in the sofa from all the mixed feelings rushing through his body "Yeah, leader."

This moment they heard Luhan happily humming a song but when he came in the room with a surprised expression on his face he looked between Kris and Chanyeol "Oh, what's wrong in here?" he asked and Kris grinned at how sensitive Luhan was these days for atmosphere. He knew Luhan’s strange habit to be really careful – someone who knows all his past couldn’t blame him at all for that – but still it was strange. "Nothing, Luhan. Why are you asking?" Kris asked like he didn’t know what Luhan means but his best friend pointed to Chanyeol "Because I come in this room and the first thing that hits me is an emotionally charged Chanyeol. I feel anxiety." Kris leaned back in his chair and bit in his apple, it amused him how Luhan got all alerted by such small things. If Luhan would only have had give Kris a try to explain before go like a bull at gate he wouldn't be that nervous now. "Of course he’s anxious if it's you who comes into the room.” Kris laughed, referring to the pancake debacle a few days ago.

Luhan pouted and rolled his eyes – Kris' sign to better not be too mean with him. There are some few rare days where he's swift to take offense and this was one of these days. “Luhan, you’re only misunderstanding fear with being unconfined." Kris corrected him but Luhan still didn't understand until Kris thought about sending Chanyeol tomorrow with Suho to elementary school. "No way." Luhan said shocked and looked between Chanyeol and Kris. "Kris, I don't doubt your decision but are you really sure that Chanyeol can....I mean...he's still...it’s precarious." he looked to Chanyeol "What do you say about it!? Don't you know that you might bring these kids in danger? Kids are fraught and sometimes mean." Chanyeol sighed and shrugged his shoulders "I-I don't know." "Yeah. Me neither." Luhan put his arms akimbo and looked to Kris who bit his lips to not chuckle the way Luhan acted so childish. What was his problem at all? "Well if you care so much for Chanyeol, take him with you instead." he said to only see Luhan’s mouth opened and closed again and looked to Chanyeol again. Kris, I really…ARG! He suddenly walked over to Chanyeol, grabbed Chanyeol’s shoulder and patted it roughly "Just be confident!" turned around and left the room without saying something else.

Kris curled his lips to a crooked smile. He knows Luhan since forever but today he was...amusingly strange. Chanyeol, who massaged his shoulder that hurt quite well from Luhan, watched how Kris stood up as well "Let's go downtown. I would like to walk around a bit. Are you coming with me or not?" He looked to Chanyeol who was right next to him within a second. "I'll go with you, of course.". When Kris' hand already lied on the door handle, Luhan came downstairs again in a hurry “Where are you going?” he asked  but Kris only grabbed his jacket and hung it loosely over his shoulders “Just downtown.” And Luhan seemed to find something really disappointing with this answer, as how Chanyeol saw how Luhan’s shoulders sunk down and looked aside “Oh okay.” he said and left with slow and sluggish steps back to his room, like a dog that got roughly shooed away.


When they rambled about the city, Chanyeol always felt behind with his steps until Kris called him back to his side. "Are you that slow or why are you falling behind all the time?" Kris asked, his hands in his pocket and looked with a curious glance to Chanyeol. The quiet boy beside him only rubbed his neck embarrassed because it was just a habit to walk behind the leader, not next to him. "I I'm not used to walk beside. It feels strange." Kris hmmed at first before he answered, he felt more like talking to himself all the time because Chanyeol hadn't opened his mouth since they had left the house  "It feels strange too when you're always staring at my back. You're not my clingy puppy but a human. See us as friends who are walking randomly around next to each others." Chanyeol looked up at the sound of the word "friend" and Kris sighed frustrated and corrected himself "Well, if friends makes you feel uncomfortable than how about roommates?” “NO!” Chanyeol said with a roughly, loud voice that surprised himself too and shook his hands in front of Kris’ face, that fast that Kris actually got startled and cringed. “I like to call me your friend, leader!” Kris rolled his eyes “But then leave that “leader” at every end of your sentence away. My goodness, you're still too wolfish." He rolled his eyes aside to Chanyeol to look for a reaction and what he saw was a sad boy filled with disappointment from head to toe. Kris bit his tongue, he would really like to grab that kid and shake it once so he would stop to take every word so damn serious!

What can I change to be better?

"Talk more. You're quiet all the time except someone asks you something. I can ask something but maybe you can tell more about you without asking. If you want everybody to trust you, you need them to let them know you, isn’t it like this?" Chanyeol nodded again and waited for Kris to say something. "What is it that you want to ask me?" he finally said and Kris smiled "We're getting there! I already thought you'd be waiting again until I asked you." he entered a convenient store and bought two black soda and went outside again. This evening was really nice, sunny and hot but the gentle breeze made it easy to stand the heat. Kris sat down on an empty bench and Chanyeol sat beside him when Kris offered him the second coke in his hand and Chanyeol smiled thankfully. "Tell me something about Jeju's pack? I always wondered how it's like to live as one of the banned." Kris said after a short silence and Chanyeol rolled his coke between his palms and looked to the ground. Kris was really curious. Since Busan became security zone to watch over the island where the banned wolf pack lived, barely any werewolf had heard much about the pack. "I really don't know what you want to hear now from me, leader." Chanyeol said shyly and Kris leaned back, looked up to the trees above them. He had to press his eyes to thin lines when the sun glittered between the green leaves and even it was just a small part of the sun, it blended him still. Kris wanted to know everything but maybe he regret his curiosity afterwards. Curiosity, in the end, kills the cat. "Tell me what you want. I'm curious about anything."

If someone would watch them two, he or she would only see two man looking at each other but it wasn’t like they didn’t talk to each other at all. Because Chanyeol didn’t know what to tell Kris, he rather showed him, how it was like to be the former him, how it was living on Jeju as a werewolf in the pure-blooded pack. Within seconds, random pictures flashed through Chanyeols mind, sending Kris his memories through telepathy what his father always did to him, how many times he'd preached him to kill, to be a wolf and find back to his roots instead of sneaking away to jejushi and looked around where humans were too. Even if he tried to hide something, Chanyeol wasn’t able and so he had shown Kris how many times he had looked in those innocent eyes of people he had killed, how brutal the pack played their games with humans and how Chanyeol always had to be a part of it, how he was one of them. No nightmare was comparable to these pictures Chanyeol would love to forget but nobody was able to control their thoughts. Nobody. You always think exactly those things you want to forget - the moment you wish to forget them. That moment you make this wish, they will become your memory. Memories like scars of your past, scars you are not able to hide because they're a part of you.

Chanyeol pulled his armpit of his jacket to his palm and quickly wiped over his wet eyes and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter