{Prologue} Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood - A promise [Edit]

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There are three types of werewolves - one can't be more different from the other one and still they're all sharing all the same bitter fate in the endlessly fight between their inner wolf and human appearing.
The first type, the most near at the human beings are the bitten ones. Only a bite from an alpha’s hungry snout is enough to infected their victims with the disease and with the next full moon after the attack those are overwhelmed with a hot burning fever and pain in every muscle while their mind is set with a terrifying blood lust. The alphas who have bitten a human are normally responsible for their victims so that's why alphas are often biting humans to increase their pack – unfortunately the bitten humans are often killed caused by the unstoppable beasts inside and the killing thrill the werewolves loves so much. A really sad story.

The second type are the werewolves who are issues of werewolf parents. Born werewolves, where both parents are werewolves, have a stronger instinctive inner wolf than half werewolves - the issues of a human and a werewolf, quite a rare thing if you need to think that humans are barely surviving them. A Relationship between a werewolves and a human is too dangerous – naive and stupid, I prefer to say. Impossible.

The last type and most dangerous, most bestial and with the strongest killing thrill, are the pure-blooded werewolves. It's hard to say if they're counting as civilized human beings at all because as they call them themselves also the "real ones" as in real killers. That means they even live in the forests, far away from any civilization and are almost all time in their wolf form, except when it's necessary to shiftshape into a human - for example for hunting their food which are...humans. Quite a surprise, huh?! They use their human form for attracting humans – hikers who lost their path or cute little children playing in the forests - and if they get near enough they make short work, or should I say short meal? That's how they always lived. Clever, aren’t they? They can hardly control their selves, following their lust and hunger by killing whatever they need to feed their appetite. Close-minded how they are, they don't even know how to act social and how less they know humans other than as their food, humans don't know them at all because those who met them...are never surviving. The Big Bad Wolf is real.”

~ Summer, 16 years before ~

The little four year old girl stretched out her tiny hands up in the air like she wanted to touch the sheep-looking clouds flying with the warm breeze of a midsummer day over her head. It was really hot and she lied in the fresh green grass in the cool shades under a tree, totally bored. She noticed a little butterfly flying over her tiny button nose and quickly stood up to follow the beautiful little dancer over the grass and beds. Delighted by the jumps and turns of her new friend she squeaked with pleasure, stretched her palms out one’s more to catch it.

Minji was playing in the garden of that beautiful house with her parents when it was her most loved time of the year. Summer! When the sun is shining the brightest, the air filled with the heavy scent of flowers and the sweet music of birds is all around. Her parents were busy with things the little girl didn’t understand so she had grabbed her little plush wolf and went on exploration adventures in the garden that quickly got boring, when she had found the butterfly to accompany her adventure. As the butterfly flew over the garden fence, Minji didn't hesitate long and grabbed the door handle to flee her boredom and loneliness. She ran in circles, always right behind the little butterfly, jumped up with her arms wiggling around, giggled and didn’t notice as her cherry-red sun hat fell off her small, round head.

The butterflies flew up higher and higher, unable for the tiny girl to catch it. Her head high in the clouds she suddenly trembled over her own little feet and dropped down on the ground on all fours, which left green and brown marks on her cute red dress. "Ouch" see hissed and bumped back on her to look at her hands while she pouted her small pink mouth. Highly concentrated on the little scratches on the pure soft skin the girl just frowned for a second and stood up again, looked around for her friend with the beautiful colors on his wings. "Butterfly?" She asked her plush wolf she picked up from the dirt and walked around in the high grass of the colorful flower field the butterfly left her; she also asked the clouds, the flowers, the trees but nobody seemed to know where it went.

Already distracted from a new idea, the girl danced happily near the forest and was looking for someone new to play. Mommy didn't want her to enter the forest but the songs of the birds that sounded like the greatest music in Minji's ears were just too kind to ignore. "Maybe the birds know where my butterfly is." She thought by herself and took her plush wolf under her arm again to lift her dress when she entered the uneven ground of the forest, made only little steps and went with every step deeper into the woods. She smelled the heavy scent of slight wet earth and leaves under her clumsy feet and the rustling excited her so she kicked the brown leaves up until her shoes were covered in dirt too but she didn’t mind at all. Somehow her mother always find a way to clean her clothes again if they went dirty from her days playing outside alone.

A bird flying right over her caught her attention and her head spun up while she was still walking and....Ops, Minji fell again. No problem for the little girl, even her knees hurt and more and more dirt her dress collected like its favorite activity but her dad always says “You need to fall a lot of times before you can walk probably. There’s nothing wrong with falling down as long you try to stand up by your own.” Her mother always gives him an astonished look and added laughing "And if not, mommy and daddy are always there to help you."

What they had also told her, was not to walk into the forest but what none of them had told her was how to react right away when she looked up again.
A black puppy wolf, almost too grown to call it a puppy anymore, stood a few meters away from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter