When the prey tracks the preditors

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Sehun left with Sajin, Minji didn't lose a second to prepare herself for the upcoming night. It was the perfect change to catch up with what she had followed now for weeks in the news. She opened the map in front of her and checked her resolutions again. From the very southeast in Busan, a few weeks ago there were these strange news that there was a wolf seen in Busan at night. One accident after another happened, children were missing, a homeless man was found in his own blood. The police at first didn’t put the wolves and the missing together but then Minji started to investigate as she noticed that those things had started with the news story of the wolves first . “Blood massacres in Busan, five people dead.” “6 year old went missing - Gimhae” “Hiking group attacked  in Gayasan National Park” “Is it dangerous to play outside? Missing children again. (Daegu News)”  “Peter and the wolf: Police overwhelmed with calls. (Daejeon)”  “‘A big monster looked right in my eyes, but then he turned around and left. I survived.’, Park Soyeon, 27, Andong.”  “'Street dogs' wandering through Jecheon.” "A whole family disappeared?!(" “Panic spreads, leave your children at home!” “3 Missing people, Wonju.” “Massacre in Gangneung, police searching for serial killer.” "Tourists missing (Chuncheon) “Police in Seoul warns citizen - panic wave finally arrives capital!”. All newspapes were overwhelmed with such news! In addition to that, a week ago Minji's aunt in Busan had called her:

"Minji are you two alright?"

"Aunt Kim! Of course we're alright. I read the news..."

"I know, darling please be careful! These killers are dangerous.
Stay away from the streets at night. And the forest."

"You mean because of the killer they're talking about? But Auntie I'm here in Seoul."

"I'm not talking about that human. Just be really careful!"

Her aunt was a forever mysterious woman but this time she acted really strange. Even when she had asked for her parents her aunt had been quickly cutting off that topic. The phone call had ended fast and had left Minji only in wonder and confusion. What her aunt had told her let Minji wonder all night long. Out of pure curiosity she had marked all places on a map and for her surprise from Busan up to Seoul the happenings were in the news one after another. Like the happenings slowly found their way to her. A shiver rushed down her spine and she looked back on the map.

Where the murderer happened she marked the places with a red spot, where wolves appeared – and she guessed stray dogs were the same wolves too – with green points. At one point wolves were seen, at the next there were people missing and murderer. Where there connections!? At the very first Minji couldn’t believe her ears and eyes when they told they had seen a wolf in Busan. Busan was really no place for wolves. Wolves in general were that rare, almost nobody knew there were still wolves in some regions in South Korea at all. Her parents went for researches all around the country, they also were in China for their researches twice because the wolves there were more common. A half year ago her uncle had visited and told them he had seen a wolf at Jeju on his last wandering trip “A wolf on Jeju?” Minji had asked. It was not that she was surprised about this but she suddenly remembered what happened to her a long time ago. Minji knew there were wolves because she had seen one that day before, too. Near their summer vacation house on Jeju. Years ago, when she was still a little girl she had met a wolf, he was still young too but for his age tall. Total black. He should had looked terrifying for everyone else but not for the young, forever curious Minji. She had no fear. She doesn't fear wolves even with big black eyes or sharp teeth. 

"We will be back in a week I promise, sweetheart." Her dad said while he caressed Sajin's cheek where big tears dropped down as they were about to leave. Sajin cried for days but Minji always said they were back soon. The week was almost over when a call arrived. They wanted to visit Minji's aunt and uncle as their were nearby anyway. "Be a strong girl and take good care of your sister!" Her mom said but she didn't sound happy after all. They never arrived at their aunt's house at all. Her parents are now missing for more than a half year. Minji missed them and didn't hear a thing since this last call. The police in Busan gave up the search with the news of the wolves and now Minji had no idea what she should do at all. But she had a bad and strange feeling of this all.  Something happened. Something bad. 

Minji stood up wiping away the few tears that just had escaped her eyes because cruel thoughts were rushing through her mind. What her parents could have happened that they don’t even call her. That there was no single sign of them. But wolves are not like that. They are no killers and if one should know it the best than its Minji herself. "These killers are dangerous." she heard her aunt's voice echoing inside her head. Why did she say it all the time in plural? There was always just one killer called out in the news. What if she by chance didn't mean the killer itself? What does she know what she didn't tell Minji? This thought she had repeated  for days now. She lost a lot of sleep and concentration because of what her aunt had said to her.

So this night Minji decided to finally look out to get her mind calm again. The only place where she can get away from everything and where she also can find out what was really behind all these mysterious newspaper articles. She dressed up warm, because outside at night was really cold, especially in the woods so she put on her beanie and a long scarf around her neck, covering half of her face and put some gloves on. When  she looked in the mirror she just looked like a bank robber. Only the small part around her eyes were .  because her father always kept saying that the eyes are the mirror to your soul "Did you know that wolves take this quote really serious? With one look into your eyes, they can see it all: your thoughts, your emotions. your personality. your soul." Minji shook off a shiver and closed her eyes to breathed in calmly. She was ready.

She started the engine and parked out, driving all along to Bukhansan National Park at night. Her heart made a delighted jump for a moment she was just happy. She was often there with her dad for a hiking trip. Since she was a little girl she always loved the nature that much. The pure nature you can sink in and get lost of the hectic city life, losing paths to find even more beautiful places, deep down in the green. Yeah, she was really the daughter of her parents. The drive took not that long as she thought and when she reached her aim. She parked her car and leaned back in her seat for a second. She sighed as she stopped the motor as she remembered that she forgot to eat something tonight. Stupid mistake! She looked around in the car to find something that could stop a growling stomach later. Daebak! There was a raspberry energy bar still left and she happily opened it and took a big bite from it. It was delicious but way too small! She got out of the car and searched for a side entry where she could sneak in without being seen from anyone.

One hour she was wandering around, still with nothing to be found except the stony road under her feet, the trees rustling their leaves in the cold wind and the sudden moves in the bushes when a small animal tried to hide away from her. It was frustrating. The road the wolves took was confusing; hey took the direct way through big cities which was really strange but they always found their way back to nature, looking for national parks to hide. Guessing from their road only, Minji thought that they must be to Seoul as their next destination, but she didn’t believe they would face such a big city again at all so maybe they would hide in the national park where. And Minji was sure to be the one who finds them first. Luckily, her conditions were the best and she didn't felt yet exhausted after walking astray from the given hiking tour paths, directly through the park. In sport she was always the fas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter