The Night Owl Café 9

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That was totally a kissing noise."

"Quiet, Yixing."

"No, I know what I heard. Either you kissed someone, or someone kissed you. Either way, it was a kiss. Goodness, woman, not on the phone!"

"Not like I got directly kissed on the lips or anything!" she scoffed with a roll of her eyes while slipping her phone into her back pocket. It was early in the morning and both she and Yixing were expected at work only Yixing took this opportunity to confront her about last night's phone call.

"Dohyun and...and...uh...what's this person's name? Oh well. Dohyun and thingie, sitting in a- PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" Yixing shrieked while holding his hands up in defense as Dohyun had her fist threateningly pulled back while giving her roommate a narrowed stare.

She hadn't heart from Jongin for the rest of the night and that was probably for the best cause she didn't think she'd be able function around him.

"Dohyun.." Yixing softly called.

"Yeah?"

He stared at her with calculating eyes and frowned, confusing her. Why was Yixing looking at her like that.

"No secrets, okay? It's bad for the body."

She wanted to kick him.

Just once.

At LEAST just once.

And then Jongin can be waiting in line behind Yixing. Just because he had a major hand in this and wouldn't leave her alone.

Finally, she'll be waiting in line with Minseok sadistically grinning if front of her getting ready to kick her because flip it, Jongin was confusing her and introducing her to things she's never experienced before.

"Here, take your keys this time. Love you, bye." Yixing teasingly said with a smack of his lips and slipped her keys into her hand running out just in time to escape her wrath.

"ZHANG YIXING!!"

~•The Night Owl Cafè•~

"Again!? You're going there again?" Sehun asked with a shocked tone as Baekhyun and Taemin shook their heads.

"Uh..yeah? Dohyun's there so I have to go." Jongin said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But....what about dance practice?" Baekhyun interjected.

"Go on without me then," Kai rolled his eyes.

"Don't roll those eyes at me, you ball of sass. Are you in love with the cafè or something?" Taemin tisked while crossing his arms, looks like they'd be practicing without Jongin....again.

"Or is it the girl? Are you in love with her or something?" Sehun probed, the other two boys widening their eyes at the thought.

"Are you cahoots in your nostrils?!" Jongin yelled. Taemin paused for a second and narrowed his eyes in confusion at Jongin's statement, trying to make sense of it.

Jongin couldn't believe his friends would get that assumption. For one, this was Dohyun they were talking about. Almost quite literally the Plaine Jane of the café. In his opinion, he's dated girls who look WAY better than she did and who dressed better. Not to mention they weren't stuck in the muds like she was. She was reluctant to do anything with him and even pushed him away.

Baekhyun snorted. "Wouldn't you usually have the girl eating out of the palm of your hand round about now?"

What Baekhyun said was true. Girls usually fell for him in such a short time, call him arrogant but it was what he felt. By now, he'd already have the girl, kissed her already and gone on several dates and then, he'd already been planning on how to break up with the girl. He didn't even get passed the date phase with Dohyun because she didn't consider it a date even though they went to the arcade and he even took her to the movies. But that was a terrible date, he got hurt in the process...but it was fun.

It was terrible but fun.

Terribly fun.

"Hey! Kai! Twinkle toes, can you please look this way." Sehun sighed. Jongin shook his head and looked at his friend's who stared at him with unimpressed faces.

"Guys, chill. She's just taking longer than other girls which is why I need to work on it now."

"Can't you just go for someone else so we can practice now?" Taemin whined.

"No. When you start something, you have to finish it." Jongin said while slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Bye guys" and with that he ran out the studio.

"He should practice what he preaches," Sehun growled and ran over to the open window and spotted Jongin's hasty figure. "COME BACK HERE AND FINISH THE DANCE KIM JONGIN!!!"

~•The Night Owl Café•~

The café was as usual as any other day. Well, usual in the unusual way.

The customers weren't that much today, you could count them on your fingers but it was to be expected. it was freezing cold outside.

Minseok was currently trying to fix the broken air conditioner and Kibum was rocking back and forth on the chair listening to G-Dragon's Black as it played softly through the speakers, echoing gently throughout the speakers.

Myungsoo was holding the step ladder so that Minseok wouldn't fall while Dohyun went around the tables occasionally asking if the customer's were satisfied or if they were in need of anything.

The peace was broken when the door was opened and all it took was Kibum's strained groan to know who it was.

Jongin grinned from ear to ear scanning the cafè until he spotted who he was looking for. With a smirk and mischievous glint in his eye, he ran over to Dohyun who didn't even have time to turn around when his hands found their way around her wait along with her back against his chest.

"Hello, girlfriend." he huskily cooed.

Kibum let out a strangled gasp of shock as he leaned to far to the back..

CRASH

..and fell.

Myungsoo's tight grip on the step ladder loosened as he twitched in shock at hearing what Jongin said, an unsettling crack was heard from inside the air-con and Minseok's legs started wobbling. A crash was heard and Myungsoo was grumbling in pain with Minseok staring somberly at the aircon as he sat atop the latter.

"Awww....now it's even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter