The Night Owl Café 18

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~•The Night Owl Café•~

Dohyun knew that when she met Yixing, he was special. Sure, everyone's special but Yixing was a special kind of special.

If that made any sense.

She was currently lying in bed with squinted eyes, peeking slightly out the covers to see just what her special roommate was up to. Yixing 's back was facing her and he was holding her jacket she wore the previous day to his face and sniffing it while his facial expressions changed ever so now and then.

This was so weird.

"As I thought," he mused and twisted his face in worry.

Yixing then lifted the jacket's sleeve and sniffed the area where the pits would be.

Okay, this is just getting out of control.

"Um..Lay?"

"SWEET SUGAR NUTS!"

"....Zhang Yixing."

"Don't you 'Zhang Yixing' me, young lady. I nearly swallowed my tongue just now!" Yixing scolded as the jacket dropped to the floor and his hands went straight to his chest. He heaved and glared at her.

Frowning, Dohyun crossed her arms as she sat up. "Excuse you, but that's my jacket you're sniffing."

"I realise that, genius," he rolled his eyes.

"I probably shouldn't ask but...why were you sniffing my jacket?" she asked in a tired tone as she got up from bed and stretched, her body cracking after being immobile for a while.

"Well, if you must know," Yixing trailed on, "I came home yesterday and plopped myself down on the couch and guess what."

"Whaaaat?" she dragged on as she yawned without bothering to cover .

"I smelt cologne!" Yixing exclaimed.

Dohyun stopped stretching and froze as she blinked slowly at Yixing while nervously smiling at him.

"Not just any cologne, men's cologne. Cause, you know, cologne is manly, us men don't use perfume."

Great, now he sounded like Luhan. This wasn't the time to even be thinking that, Jongin left his flipping scent on the couch!

He'd make a y spy.

What kind of spy wears cologne, they'll sniff him out. Literally.

"What's your point, Yixing?"

Yixing scoffed, "My point is, Doodie-do-do, that there was a man here. In our apartment." he pointed at the ground, "sitting on our couch!" He aggressively pointed down the hallway where the living room and couch was. "IN MY SPOT!"

"In case you forgot, I helped to pitch in money to buy that couch." Dohyun nonchalantly replied and scratched her bed hair.

"Kai was here, wasn't he!?" Yixing inquired as he stormed up to her and knelt down slightly to look at her straight in they eyes.

She gulped and took a step back.

How did he find out!?

"Wasn't he?" he asked again, more like demanded.

Burying her face in her hands she mumbled an audible 'Yes', refusing to meet her roommate's eyes.

"Dohyun, I thought I told you not to go after him!" Yixing whined and stomped his foot like a child throwing a tantrum.

"I know! I know you did, but.." she bit her nails anxiously, still not looking at Yixing. "But I think...I should give him a chance.."

"You think?! I know! I know you shouldn't even consider giving him a chance!" Yixing yelled and grabbed her by her shoulders, forcing her to look at him. "Dohyun...You know me. I usually don't give three toots about who you're involved with and what you're doing but not this time." He searched her eyes, almost as if pleading with her. "Not with him."

Dohyun felt a flush of angery slowly boil inside her. What was with these people and telling her not to go with Jongin. Kibum didn't warm up to him, Myungsoo told her to be careful around him, but out of all people Yixing's telling her not to even be with him. Just who gave him the authority to even tell her what to do.

Just the mere thought of them thinking they knew what was best for her made her angry.

She roughly jerked her body out of his hold and stormed off to her closet, grabbing her clothes to get ready for work and heading for the bathroom without saying a word.

Yixing stared at the spot where Dohyun was previously and clenched his fists.

'Dohyun...Be careful.'

~•The Night Owl Café•~

"Don't take this the wrong way but...," Kibum unsurely trailed off, staring at the small group in front of the counter. "What are you all doing here?"

Baekhyun grinned at him while Taemin's curious eyes gleamed over the the different types of coffee's displayed on the board. Sehun stood at the side looking at them with a stone face, blinking every now and then.

"Can't we be here?" Baekhyun smiled.

"Well, it's not that you can't be here it's just...is he with you?" Kibum grimaced.

"Is who here with who?" Taemin spoke up.

"If you're talking about Kai, we dunno. It's not like we live with him or anything." Sehun answered and shoved his hands in his pockets, looking totally uninterested in what was happening.

"Good." Myungsoo sneered.

"What's up with Puss-in-converse over there?" Baekhyun nudged his head in Myungsoo's direction.

"It's not just him I'm pretty ticked off too at the moment. We're just waiting for our last worker to pitch up, if she even gets here." Kibum rolled his eyes. Dohyun had been gone for two days now and work wasn't getting any easier.

"You mean, Doughnut?" Taemin pointed out.

Kibum stared at the boy for a while and raised a brow. "Yes, child. 'Doughnut' as you would put it. Disappointed in that girl, really." he whispered the last part to himself.

"Well, it's clear Kai's not here and neither is that Doughnut chick. Can we leave now?" Sehun grumbled, clearly wanting to leave the store already.

"It's Dohyun," Myungsoo corrected.

"You aren't going to order anything?" Minseok blinked, speaking up for the first time.

"Uh..No. That's okay. We were just here to see if Kai was here cause then we'd be forced to drag him back to the studio. Thanks, anyway." Baekhyun replied, seemingly the only negotiable one at the moment.

"Why don't you keep him there forever and do us all a favour." Myungsoo spat.

"Down, Bessie." Minseok teased and patted Myungsoo on his head.

Myungsoo in some air and slowly let it out. He was like a ticking time bomb on the verge of exploding right now.

The café doors made a noise as the doors were opened and in walked the girl that had been on their minds since they heard the news.

Dohyun tied the apron around her waist and froze in her movements when she saw the people hovering around the counter.

Jongin's friends.

Scanning her eyes quickly around the café, she caught no sight of Jongin.

She couldn't tell whether she was happy or disappointed about that.

On another note, what was Jongin's friends doing here?

"Hello, Doughnut!" Taemin exclaimed as he waved enthusiastically at her.

"Dohyun, you're back!" Minseok cheered, "Good thing, too!"

Dohyun sent uneasy looks towards Jongin's friends and awkwardly shuffled her feet.

"..Uh..Hi," she greeted.

Taemin smiled and waved happily. "Hello, sweety!"

"Ew, Tae, no." Sehun spat.

 She's Kai's girl." Baekhyun whispered to Taemin and awkwardly smiled at the others hoping they didn't hear him.

"Get your now healthy self a tray and start serving these customers, young lady." Kibum ordered and and folded his arms, squinting his eyes at her. "Now."

"Oooh, Doody is in the poopy." Minseok joked and nudged Myungsoo who didn't even bother to acknowledge the others.

"Geez, why's everyone so uptight today!?" Taemin yelled, and pouted.

"There's a logical explanation for this," Sehun began, "it's Monday."

"Seems like a legit explanation." Myungsoo nodded.

"Well, we'll be off now. For reals. We just came here looking for Kai but seeing Doughnut alone here means he's probably at the studio or over sleeping. Bye." Baekhyun waved and the other two followed behind him with Taemin and Sehun whining about how they could have at least bought something before leaving.

Dohyun felt all her friends' eyes turn to look at her, making her feel even more awkward.

"Why..Why are you all staring at me like that?" she slowly asked and grabbed a tray while warily eyeing them back.

"Something on your mind, Dohyun?" Myungsoo asked, his stoney expression not even changing in the slightest. "Something you'd maybe like to share with us?"

Dohyun shook her had. "Not that I recall."

Kibum scoffed and walked into the kitchen while Myungsoo and Minseok sent her looks of concern and....disappointment?

Okay, what was going on?

She felt her phone vibrate in her apron's pocket and took out her phone.

From: Jongin

Morning, princess ^3^

Staring at the text longer than necessary, she felt the corner of her lips slightly curve. If one looked closely, one could see that she was actually smiling a bit.

"Watcha got there?" Minseok beamed as his face appeared over her shoulder trying to see what she was looking at.

Hurriedly shoving her phone back into her pocket she stared at Minseok with widened eyes.

Minseok deviously smiled.

"Hiding something, aren't we?"

Dohyun could practically feel her heart beat against her chest, why was her suddenly playing 20 questions!?

"We...We should probably get to work, huh?" she nervously chuckled and was about to walk off to a nearby table with her tray but Minseok stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"Dohyun." Minseok called her, his voice no longer cheerful and jesting.

She swallowed and slowly turned around to face him again.

Minseok stared at her with a look almost as if he was glaring, his lips were pulled into a tight line as he looked at her in to her eyes.

"The scary thing about the truth is that it always finds a way to reveal itself," he warned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter