The Night Owl Café 14

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~•The Night Owl Café•~

Minseok cheered and clapped his hands as he slouched against the counter with a giggle. Kibum gave him a look of disturbance and Myungsoo barely acknowledged him while wiping the other side of the counter where Minseok wasn't lying. Dohyun had been quiet the entire morning and was sweeping the store leaving herself to her thoughts.

"Maaaan~I got so wasted last night." Minseok sang and let out a giggle.

"Please, stop." Kibum groaned. "You sound like a Saturday night drunk."

"You should have seen him last night after we hit the pub around the corner after work. He wasn't drunk but he wasn't making sense." Myungsoo replied with an irritated look on his face. "I told him he had enough and he says 'There's too little blood in my alcohol system.' "

"You and your high expectations for me to make sense when I'm intoxicated." Minseok rolled his eyes. "I regretted it this morning anyway, I still slightly am." he whimpered and massaged his forehead and questioned why he thought it was a good idea to drink the previous night. "At least I had enough sense to bring L with me so I could get home safely."

"You weren't even at a level I could consider drunk, you just didn't want to go alone." Myungsoo retaliated, his voice coated with irritation.

"I didn't want to be alone~" Minseok smiled and blinked innocently.

"Get a girlfriend then. Try not disposing of a number and try calling back." Kibum suggested.

"Yeah, I can't keep taking the numbers and throwing them away. At this rate the trash can will have more numbers than used paper cups and bags in it." Dohyun added, not wanting to seem too out of the loop in case of being suspected and questioned.

Myungsoo moved and took the cloth he was using to wipe the counter and used it to wipe Minseok's side. The latter immediately jerked away and glared at him.

"I was lying there, L!"

"I was simply cleaning the dirty spots I could find." Myungsoo stated as if he'd done nothing wrong.

"I wash! Wanna smell my pits, huh? Get a good whiff of my after shave?" Minseok moved closer Myungsoo and got pulled away by Kibum who could only sigh at his friends.

"You two need to stop bickering every so often." Kibum chided.

"Yes, mother-OW!" Minseok was harshly hit at the back of the head by Kibum. "Why is it always me!?"

"Because it's always you!" Myungsoo yelled.

"Because it's always you, nyeh nyeh nyeeh-ACK! Myungsoo!..."

Dohyun would have laughed as usual at the scene in front of her but she couldn't find it in her. Last night was....Last night was totally uncalled for.

For one, Jongin stayed there pretty late. But that was partially because he fell asleep and she only realized after the movie had finished. Two, he took advantage of the fact that they were alone and nearly kissed her. It wasn't on her lips but a kiss was a kiss to her. Three, none of her friends except Yixing knew about what she and Jongin had going on and Yixing and Jongin seemed to know each other. Sometimes, the world being small might not be such a good thing. Four, Jongin took the rest of the pizza home. That very same pizza she ordered and paid for.

He took it saying it was to serve as a compensation for the 'crappy date' and she 'could have done much better' and he then declared they'd have a make-up date in two days. If that wasn't enough, Yixing came home late singing 'Just keep swimming' from Finding Neemo in a very sad tune.

It hadn't even been long but she was slightly affected by what he was doing. She wouldn't go as far as to say she was in love with him or she would willingly accept a kiss from him (that thought disgusted her right now) but there was definitely something.

It wasn't that she hated him or anything, he just put her off. He was good looking but his boastful personality ruined that aspect entirely. But who was she to say? She didn't know him all that well, who he really was and what his story was about. His background, life and way about it. But what she saw so far didn't impress her.

There was just too many things she found wrong about him.

~•The Night Owl Café•~

"What in the world, did a unicorn throw up on your hair or something?" Baekhyun blinked.

"It looks like lots of flavours of cotton candy!" Taemin happily clapped and was practically beaming while looking at his friend's hair.

"Does your stylist at the hair salon hate you? It's okay, you can tell us." Jongin sympethically patted his friend on the shoulder.

"Wow, I feel the love you guys." Sehun said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "I actually thought this looked cool."

"You perception of 'cool' looks like someone's little sister getting revenge on you for something you did." Baekhyun laughed.

"Guys, you'll never believe who Dohyun lives with." Jongin gasped and grabbed Sehun, furiously tugging on his arms.

"Her parents?" Taemin pitched in.

"No. Lay." he emphasized.

Sehun coughed. "Lay!? As in, dance instructor Lay!? The guy who beat you in the dance competition and usually practices on the upper floor, Lay!?"

Jongin twitched a bit at the statement as memories of the competition where he'd came in second to Yixing flooded his mind. He trained so hard and long only to be outdone by someone who walked straight into the see-through glass doors of the dance studio.

If only Jongin had a camera.

"Seriously!? Whoa! Do you reckon Dohyun and Lay are...you know..." Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows and nudged Jongin, "...caboodling?"

"No, Baekhyun they just live with each other." Jongin rolled his eyes. It did set him off that the two were living with each other but Yixing was probably as romantic as a rock so he didn't have much to worry about.

"I'm going to ship Laynut." Taemin clapped his hand and smiled happily. Sehun looked at him with a lost expression.

"What's a Laynut?" he asked.

"Who, Sehunnie, who. It's Lay and Doughnut's ship name. Laynut."

"If I ever get a girlfriend don't ship our names together." Sehun distastefully spat.

"Excuse me, you're supposed to be rooting for me, Tae." Jongin stated and sent a glare towards Taemin.

"No way, you have cruel intentions and you probably don't even think of her as a person." Taemin huffed and started punching the air as he yelled the ship name. "Laynut! Laynut! Laynut! All aboard the SS Laynut!"

"Not a big fan of sea travelling so I'll pass." Sehun said. "And stop screaming will you?"

Taemin smirked. "Laynut! Laynut! Laynut!"

"I'm serious, Taemin." Sehun glared, his expression looking quite menacing. Taemin stopped for a few seconds and looked towards Baekhyun and Jongin who both had blank expressions on their faces. Almost simultaneously, the three boys broke out in laughter, aggravating Sehun even more.

"I'm sorry Sehun, but.." Taemin snickered and layed a hand on Sehun's shoulder. "..it's hard to take you seriously when your hair looks like a box of skittles."

"You guys are making it really hard to like you right now.." Sehun seethed.

"Okay, okay.." Taemin wheezed and smiled apologetically at him. "Anyway, I went out to the mall the other day and girls actually came running to me."

"Tell us something new." Jongin yawned.

"How about Sehun's new hair?" Baekhyun couldn't stop himself and snickered only to stop when Sehun glared menacingly at him and cracked his knuckles.

"Keep laughing and you're going to taste the rainbow when I'm done with you." he threatened.

"Good one, though I think I saw that line in a movie." Jongin high fived Sehun.

"Anyway, so they ran up to me and the one goes, 'Oppa! You're the one from the video, the one dancing right! I'm a fan!' I'm pretty sure she was my noona but being called oppa did wonders to my ego, I didn't have the heart to tell her." Taemin boasted and enrupted in a fit of giggles. Baekhyun whined and rolled his eyes.

"This is unfair. We should all dance in a video so we can also be called oppa by noonas! All in favour say 'Aye!' " Baekhyun yelled and stuck his hand up.

"Aye!" Sehun pitched in.

"..eh..." Jongin tirelessly shrugged it off. "I don't think I want to be famous right now, my exes would all come crawling back for me."

"Boastful, aren't we?" Sehun rolled his eyes.

"If you're that lonely I could always hook you up with one of my exes if that's what it takes to shut you up." Jongin snapped.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter