The Night Owl Café 5

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Night Owl Cafe~

“Well, what do you think?” Dohyun asked as she turned to face Kibum and Yixing who immediately recoiled in their seats as Kibum placed his hand over his heart.

Yixing had called Kibum over after he got fed up with the amount of clothes lying over the apartment and the bathroom being a mess filled with cosmetics that Dohyun seldom used. After Kibum came over he helped her decide on an outfit, the two boys took a seat on her bed as she attempted to put on her make-up.

“Um….You look very…Uh…”  Yixing struggled, looking at Kibum for help.

“Why is the blue and black eye shadow so dark? You look like you were double punched by a gangster.” Kibum commented which caused Yixing to burst out in laughter as Kibum got some wipes and started wiping her face clear of make-up.

“Hey! At least I tried; I thought it was pretty good…” She mumbled, actually feeling a bit offended at their reactions.

“Who did your make-up? Bellatrix Lestrange? No, wait, she can at least put lipstick on decently.” Yixing chuckled and dodged a lipstick being thrown in his direction.

“On the bright side, that look would have totally worked out if the boy you’re going out with was taking you to a rock concert. You actually might get noticed by the band, looking like that.” Yixing teased even more but stopped when Dohyun took a can of female spray and held it in his direction.

Kibum aggressively rubbed the wipe across her face, determined to get the make-up off as she let out strained whimpers and cries. “Suffer for beauty, Dohyun.” He said.

“Can’t I just go without make-up?” She tiredly asked and rubbed her irritated eyes after Kibum was done.

“No. Now sit still and don’t blink because if I stab your eye, you’re going to this ‘date’ looking like a pirate.” Kibum took the eye pencil and leaned in closer to her as she widened her eyes and sat as still as she could, just in case Kibum actually made the warning true. “There we go! Now you look much better! Now for the eye shadow….actually let’s just give a light lipstick coat or gloss for your lips.” He grinned while holding up the lipstick and lip gloss as Dohyun leaned away from him.

“I can do that myself!” She protested.

“Sure, you can. Not like you’ll end up looking like you’ve kissed a clown or anything. Now be quiet so I can do my thing and get you ready. I still don’t approve of your date by the way. Don’t come running to me when he’s done with you.” Dohyun rolled her eyes at Kibum. Who did he think she was? If it meant that Kai would leave her alone after this then it was worth it right?

“I have got to take a picture and show Xiumin and L.”

“Don’t you dare, pretty boy….”

 

~The Night Owl Cafe~

Minseok and Myungsoo stood in shock and awe at the girl standing in front of them at the café.

“Dohyun?...Song Dohyun? Is that my Do-Do?.......Kibum, what did you do!?” Minseok gaped as he gawked at the sight of the normally plain-looking Dohyun in semi-formal wear and light make-up.

“Something is very wrong here…” Myungsoo confusedly muttered and rubbed his eyes just in case he was seeing things. After Myungsoo said that, Minseok pointed aggressively at Dohyun.

“That’s what’s wrong!” Minseok yelled.

“This is like Cinderella. I’m Dohyun’s Fashion-pop-father. Though I highly recommend not using Miss Lee’s Beetle as your carriage…” Kibum added and smiled as he looked at Dohyun while the others were baffled. Yixing had already taken pictures back at the apartment and said something about ‘me-time’ and kicked them out the apartment so he could watch his movies and play his music in peace.

“I came to work early AGAIN this morning. I should stop that. Strange things happen when I come to work early…” Myungsoo said, shaking his head and went to greet some customers that had just arrived.

“We should probably get back to work though….Also, either I’m wrong or is that Cinder-Dohyun’s Prince Kai-ming getting out of what looks to be my dream car?” Minseok questioned as he turned Dohyun around and they saw Jongin locking the car and walking through the café doors.

Dohyun was so glad Kibum helped her or she’d look like someone he’d picked up from the street unintentionally. Was this guy prom king back in high school or something?

Jongin walked to them and stopped a few steps away from her and let out a wolf whistle much to her embarrassment. “Looking good, princess!” He chided. He motioned her over with a flick of his finger and she nervously looked at her friends who had different expressions. Myungsooo was staring at her with an unreadable expression, Kibum looked like he would get the blow torch out and Minseok was grinning.

“Have fun now, be back before twelve and be safe! Oh, Ella, our little girl has grown up so beautifully!” Minseok dramatically cried out and leaned on Myungsoo who sneered in return.

“Who are you calling Ella!?” he yelled, pushing Minseok off him.

Jongin placed a hand on her shoulder snapping her away from her friends. “Shall we?” He questioned and she followed him outside into his car and Minseok could be seen waving a napkin as if saying goodbye to a ship. The car smelt fresh and minty, the music playing through the radio was nice and relaxing as well.

“Sweet ride…” She said and whistled as she looked around the interior.

“I know right, this thing’s my baby.” He smirked and started up the car as the engine roared to life.

“Whoa, hear that engine.” She gasped in awe. “This thing probably costs more than my apartment! Speaking of costs, you better not take us to some fancy restaurant where I have to pay an outrageous amount for an olive and slice of beef on a flipping tooth pick.” She warned and gave him a skeptical stare.

“Whaaaaat? Now you tell me! On the bright side, if it’s on a stick it’s not that fattening.” He chuckled.

“What kind of logic is that?”

“Jongin logic. Don’t worry, kiddo. I’m paying.” He rolled his eyes. Typical, why is it girls always expected guys to pay?

“Good cause my wallet ain’t that full.” Dohuyn stated as she held up her cupcake shaped wallet. Jongin stared at her in silence for a bit and went back to focusing on the road instead of saying anything.

“What!? Hey what was with that look!? My wallet looks better when its fat, I swear!” She pouted and Jongin laughed at her.

“Okay, okay! Don’t worry we won’t go to eat right away, and who even said we’re going to a restaurant?”

What? What did he mean? Is this guy being serious? “Are you seriously telling me you’re taking me out somewhere but we’re not going someplace to eat?...I never ate supper yet, how dare you!?” She yelled. Does this guy expect her to starve on this un-date!?

“Okay, chill. We’ll pop in at someplace, I know this one place up town, we’re dressed a bit formal so we can-“

“No! Not some place fancy! Even street food would be great, actually..”

“Street food!? Oh, gosh, no! No! If you were a guy what kind of girl in their right mind would go on a date with you?” Jongin scoffed and rolled his eyes.

“You said this wasn’t a date!” Dohyun exclaimed.

“It isn’t!”

~The Night Owl Cafe~

“You are being serious….”

“Haha, yes.”

“Out of all the places to be…”

“Hehehe…”

“You brought us to a game arcade!?”

“NYEHAHAHA YEAAAH!!! Come on, let’s go!” Jongin laughed and grabbed her by her hand and hurriedly walked into the arcade much to the girl’s protests.

Her hair flipped aggressively in her face as he made abrupt turns as they nearly bumped into other people. Finally, he let her go and when she looked up her eyes enlarged.

In front of them stood an arcade machine with multiple colours and a mat that looked similar to the arrows on a keyboard.

“Oh, fudge no.”

“Oh, fudge yes!” he smirked. “Song Dohyun. Let’s have a little gam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter