The Night Owl Café 3

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Night Owl Café~

 

Dohyun and the three boys stared at Mr. Kim in shock as Miss Lee remained silent. Sell the Night Owl Café to the likes of Mr. Kim? It didn’t take rocket science to know that it probably wasn’t the best idea.

“Ma’am?” Mr. Kim asked, snapping them all out of their bewildered dazes.

“I would rather kiss the toilet seat than sell this place, especially to someone I barely know.” Miss Lee bluntly stated with crossed arms and scrutinized Mr. Kim with a narrowed stare. “With all due respect…”

Mr. Kim stared back, baffled at the way this elderly and almost frail looking woman talked to him for someone at her age. “Excuse me, Madam!?”

“No problem, the door’s right behind you, Myungsoo will you be a dear and open the door for the nice old man?”

“Of course, Miss Lee.” Myungsoo replied almost enthusiastically which was seemingly out of character of him. Mr. Kim looked as if he wanted to come up with a retort but held it back and smirked, a smirk which sent chills down Dohyun’s spine.

“Very well, then. Do think of my offer, Miss Lee.” He said as he got up and took his briefcase and left.

“I really can’t decide whether Miss Lee’s appearance here is a good thing or a bad thing.” Key mumbled and Miss Lee stomped her foot on the ground getting everyone’s attention.

“Why would I suddenly sell my business!? What’s wrong with it!? Minseok, brew me some strong coffee and Kibum, don’t be shy with the icing on my mud pie. I feel like I could have a cow right now!...Sell my business, psh!” miss Lee huffed. Dohyun smiled, as intimidating as Miss Lee appeared to be she treated the four of them like her own grandchildren.

Kibum works here to pay off his rent and it just so happened his talent in making confectionary treats benefited him by allowing him to work here. Kibum wouldn’t be working here forever though, he had plans of his own but for now he was content with working in the café.

 Minseok has a keen taste for all things caffeine and drinkable and let’s not forget his talent in making said beverages. Dohyun wasn’t nearly as good as Minseok when it came to that. Even Miss Lee can’t resist his cappuccino topped with Kibum’s mud pie.

No one knew why Myungsoo started working here but when he did, the amount of female customers increased so no one really complained. He had a habit of coming late to work but he was punctual when it came to orders.

Dohyun was fresh out of high school with decent enough grades, they weren’t top achiever high but they were decent and they weren’t too low either. She decided to take a gap year before applying to an institute to further her education. She didn’t want to sit around and do nothing so she opted to get a job instead where Miss Lee welcomed her with open arms.

It took a while for Kibum to warm up to her but he decided he liked her bluntness and the fact she wasn’t loud because, ‘being loud is my job and there can’t be two of us’ he said.

When she met Minseok, he plugged in the blender and told her ‘If you’re going to give me your number, it’s going to do the tango in this blender.” he even grinned and tilted his head to the side. After it was made quite clear she wasn’t interested in him in that way, he claimed they would be friends from that moment on.

Myungsoo gave her the impression that he didn’t like her. When she introduced herself he hadn’t said anything and simply nodded and went on with his work. The, after a long day of her first day at work, he ruffled her hair and told her his name, praising her on a good job for the day.

“This is it. This is the stuff. I regret nothing. Why are we not famous yet?” Miss Lee mumbled to herself as she chewed on her cake and closed her eyes in content. Under the blunt exterior, Miss Lee was really nice and treated the four like her very own grandchildren.

Kibum made his way outside to flip the sign to indicate they were open.

“Wow, who’d have thought Mr. Kim would have dropped by today with a proposal like that?” Dohyun commented.

“You see what happens when I come to work early?” Myungsoo said, Minseok could be seen in the background rubbing a coffee bean around his nose with the palm of his hand as Dohyun moved the coffee bean jar away from Minseok’s direction.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“I am learning the ways of the bean,” Minseok whispered, taking a long sniff from the bean and grinned. “It’s magnificent…”

~The Night Owl Café~

“Dohyun, he’s here…..” Myungsoo paused. “..Again…”

“Again? This is the third time in a row.” She replied and looked over Myungsoo’s shoulder and sure enough, Jongin stood there with a girl and a different boy, not Sehun.

A girl?

“Wait, are you asking me to take his ord- Myungsoo?” Said boy had disappeared already and was assisting another table of students. Dohyun took in a deep breath and prepared herself to face Jongin, remembering yesterday’s events as clear as crystal.

He helped her a bit and even gave her pet names already. Then again he gave her the impression of being an absolute flirt and he gave off a suspicious vibe. Something about that boy was mysterious as if he had hidden motives or something but then again, after yesterday maybe she was just jumping to conclusions too fast.

“Good morning, Kai. Welcome to The Night Owl Café may I take your order?” She drawled as she got her pen ready as Jongin’s plump lips spread into that familiar smirk she was starting to get used to.

“Oh wow, and that feisty little tone?  Aw, and here I thought we’d have something special going on after yesterday.” He cooed, she fought off the tingling feeling pooling in the pit of her stomach as the girl and boy who’d come with him had confused looks on their faces. “Cinnamon Mocha for me, Morning Americano for the girl and who cares what Baekhyun wants right now.” After Jongin finished his statement the boy named Baekhyun gave out a dramatic and exaggerated gasp, scoffed and rolled his eyes. The girl with them giggled and leaned on to Jongin’s arm and gave Dohyun an almost victorious grin as if to say ‘I won.’

“Uuh…Peach tea will do for now. Oh! And a choco-berry muffin.” Bae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter