The Night Owl Café 13

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~•The Night Owl Café•~

"Hello?...I would like to order a tika chicken and sweet chilli pizza please?"

Yixing's normally half closed eyes suddenly opened in excitement. Pizza for dinner, count him in!

When she was done placing the order she turned to him with an apprehensive look on her face.

"You.." she pointed at him, "I need you to get out of the apartment before eight which is in..." she paused and checked the time of the clock hanging on the wall, "about twenty minutes."

Yixing frowned and pouted. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Skidaddle, Lay. Didn't you want to go on a camp to go howl with the wolves? Go to a store and buy some camp supplies." she urged. Of all the people who could be here Yixing was not the most favorable although he lived here. She felt as if she had no right to kick him out his own home so she might as well convince him to go out into the night for a while till Jongin is gone.

"The store's so far though. Why do you want me gone, are you up to something?" he suspiciously inquired and took note of her fidgety form and darting eyes looking anywhere but at him.

"Please, Lay..." she pleaded. "with sugar cubes on top?"

"You still didn't bring sugar cubes home, why should I? You're up to something." he accused. "Someone's coming here and you don't want me to be here." he smartly retorted. He saw the faltering expression she had after he said that and snapped his fingers. "AHA! I WAS RIGHT! Who is it, and be honest."

"Do you have to pry?" she wailed and bit on her nail nervously taking note of the time. Jongin would be here any minute.

"Yeah, cause I wanna know your business. So what's the deal?" he pressed, showing no sign of faltering in his decision to get her to reveal the truth.

"Remember I told you I had....have a boy...a boy...you know.." the word still didn't tickle the fancy of her vocabulary. "Anyway, he's coming over here for...a dinner date."

Yixing grinned and clapped his hands. "Awesome! I wanna meet him, I wanna see this boy who's managed to get you into a relationship, what's he like!?" he curiously wondered.

Oh, she could write a book about this. Yixing wanted to know what Jongin was like, oh she'd tell him. "He's forward, blunt, arrogant, stubborn and not to mention demanding." she remembered how he basically almost demanded to have this date at her apartment, not taking in note if it might inconvenience her. Oh no, Kim Jongin cares not for such trivial things. "He's also really manipulative and sly..." he was a crafty one, indeed, "...and he's a bit off-puting..." she said in a unsure tone.

"Off-puting how?" Yixing blinked.

"How?...Like.....I don't know he's....not what he seems, in a way?" she hesitantly answered with a troubled look.

"What, like Smeagol? Smeagol by day and Gollum by night." he smiled with a click of his fingers and let out a chuckle at the annoyed look on her face she was so fond of displaying.

"It's like you want me to smack you. I left the door unlocked so answer it, the pizza delivery could be here any time now." she gritted her teeth. "I have to go upstairs to change quickly, you, find a way out this apartment prompto. Sorry to do this to you, Lay, but you'd probably be the worst third wheel in this loveless relationship." she bluntly replied and bolted to her room where the audible sound of her dresser being slammed open and closed signaled she was changing her outfit.

Yixing let out a somber whine and crossed his arms. "So that means I won't get pizza...." He decided from that moment on he probably wouldn't be too happy about Dohyun having a boyfriend if it meant all the goodies and munchies she ended up buying would be shared with her 'boyfriend.'

A few minutes had gone by and Dohyun still hadn't come out of her room and Yixing had been sitting on the couch for the past twelve minutes wondering where he'd go at eight in the evening. Jongdae wouldn't reply to his messages lately ever since he got that Kingdom Hearts game and Joonmyeon was preoccupied with his studies. His other friend, Luhan, was away in China for personal reasons and had left with a farewell message that went along the lines of 'I'm going now, please don't forget to feed my fish, Gobbles!'

Oh...

........

Shoot.....

.............................

GOBBLES.

"Screw me softly with a crispy baked waffle.." he whispered harshly to himself and slammed his palm against his head. "I forgot about Gobbles!!!" he squeaked and tangled his fingers in his hair.

Oh well...

The fish was probably dead by now and floating lifelessly at the top of his bowl.

Poor Gobbles...

Yixing was so absorbed in mourning the lost of the fish he had to feed did not hear or take note of the other presence that entered the room. The door wasn't locked so said person had a good look around, not even seeing Yixing on the couch and knocked his knuckles on a nearby wooden surface.

"Honey, I'm home~!" he cooed in a loud, teasing voice.

A hand shot up from the couch and did an action similar to a royal wave.

"I'm over hear, sweetie~!" Yixing drawled in a feminine voice and turned around only to choke on his spit at the sight of Jongin.

"What the flip?" Jongin confusedly muttered only to let out a surprised gasp at seeing Yixing on the couch.

"Lay!?" Jongin exclaimed.

"Kai!" Yixing pointed accusingly at him.

"Is the pizza here yet!?" Dohyun asked while panting slightly, wearing new casual clothes instead of her baggy top and loose sweatpants. She paled when she saw Jongin and Yixing both staring at her then each other.

"Oh no..." she whispered...

"Dohyun, this is your boyfriend?" Yixing asked in a tone laced with disbelief.

"Princess, there's a guy in your apartment who I happen to know, care to explain this to me?" Jongin raised a brow and scoffed. "Or are you perhaps two-timing me? Naughty girl, never took you for someone like that."

Dohyun gaped at the two men in front of her and her hand twitched a bit at their questions. How much she wanted to grab the vase on the table next to her and hurl it at the both of them right now. Why was Yixing still here!?

"Could someone explain to me what's going on?" Jongin asked with a puzzled look on his face. "What are you doing with the likes of Zhang Yixing, princess? Of all people, Zhang Yixing!?"

"Well, excuse me for breathing." Yixing sarcastically retorted. "Well Do-Do, care to explain yourself?"

Dohyun was at a loss for words and a loss for understanding what was happening, apparently those two knew each other and Jongin thought she was cheating on him. Also, the pizza man was late.

Fudgesickles.

"Me!? Explain yourselves, what in the world is going on here, you two know each other?" she wanted answers and she wanted them now.

"Kai here goes to the dance studio I volunteer at. Only, he actually goes for classes and not volunteering." Yixing explained.

"Lay's pretty well known at the studio for 'Lay oppa's so amazing when he moves his body, kyaaa~' and 'Lay oppa corrected my stance! He corrected my stance! He touched me~! Squeeee~' " Jongin faked a high pitched voice and giggle and dramatically batted his eye lashes and fluttered his hands like he could fly.

Yixing scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Real mature, Kai. What about you? 'Kai oppa...I thought...I thought we....sob....tremble....snot starts running......I thought you and I.......Kai oppa how could you!?' " Yixing retaliated in his own high pitch and then coughed and stuck his hands in his pockets, mimicking Jongin's stance. "What about your response, Kai? 'Sorry, doll. I'm just not the one for you.' " Yixing said in a dramatic deep voice and ran his fingers through his hair and look off intensely into the distance (the wall next to him, actually.)

Dohyun stood at the side biting on her lip to keep herself from laughing, whatever Jongin and Yixing had going on was none of her business but it sure was amusing. "What are you two doing?" she managed to asked.

"Well, he provoked me..." Yixing stuck h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter