The Night Owl Café 10

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~•The Night Owl Café•~

Myungsoo sat at the counter booth with untouched black coffee in front of him. The café was already closed and Dohyun had left half an hour ago already. Minseok was shivering and breathing into his hands while staring sadly at the damaged beyond repair air conditioner. Kibum was cleaning the left over dishes and the cake pans he'd used to make the cakes.

Minseok sighed and let out a childish whine. "I think it's time that I just embrace my inner Elsa cause I'm not getting warm any time soon."

"Your inner Elsa? Need I mention that Dohyun left here looking like a sleep deprived high school kid writing finals?" Kibum said.

"Well, that's Jack Frost's fault not mine. I didn't do anything," Minseok crossed his arms and glared at Myungsoo who ignored him. "...except break the air-con even further..."

"Jack Frost?" Kibum raised a brow and took a cloth in his hand and wiped the counter in front of Myungsoo.

"L." Minseok said.

"Aaah.." Kibum nodded in understanding and then threw Myungsoo with a damp dish cloth he used to clean the counter.

Myungsoo growled and glared viciously at Kibum who glared back at him with a glare of his own. "I blame you, L."

"Yeah! Yeah, it's his fault! If you didn't snap at her we wouldn't all be on awkward terms right now! She won't even talk to me and I didn't even do anything, the air-con is my witness and proof that I wasn't involved with the fight but the destruction of said contraption."

Myungsoo remained quiet throughout the whole ordeal, he accepted the blame. He knew he was one of the main causes of their close female friend's behavior and honestly...He didn't feel that guilty over it. Just irritated and disgruntled not to mention he had this urge to play soccer with Jongin's face.

 Picking up his cup of coffee he took a sip only to immediately spit it out and spray it over the counter.

"YAH!!!" Kibum screamed while glaring at the mess Myungsoo made. "I just wiped the counter!"

"Then you can just wipe it again." Myungsoo spat while throwing the damp cloth back at Kibum who made choking actions around an imaginary neck with his hands towards Myungsoo's direction.

Myungsoo glared at his cup of coffee and at the boy who made it, Minseok.

"What?" Minseok innocently asked. "I thought that if I put in a few spoons of sugar you'd be sweeter and nicer but clearly it didn't work."

"GO APOLOGISE TO DOHYUN!" Kibum demanded while pulling on Myungsoo's ear. Myungsoo hissed and slapped Kibum's hand away only to have Minseok grab hold of his other ear.

"CALL HER NOW!" Minseok yelled and Myungsoo grabbed him by his collar and glared at him while sneering.

"Oh, you beast!" Minseok dramatically exclaimed with a pitched voice while raising a hand to his chest and gasping. "Unhand me!"

Letting go of Minseok, he fished for his phone in his pocket and reluctantly dialed Dohyun's number while Kibum and Minseok shot him penetrating looks.

He in a breath while wondering how he'd come about his apology. The phone rang and rang as he patiently waited for her to pick up and have her roommate answer the phone, Dohyun generally didn't like answering her phone because no one really called her and she hardly saved numbers. She preferred texting over talking.

"The number you have dialed is not available right now."

"Well?" Minseok asked.

"....Uh...the number's not available." he replied.

"You better say sorry to her tomorrow then. For now, let's lock up and go home.

~•The Night Owl Cafè•~

"Excellent! Marvelous idea, Mr. Kim! By expanding our branches, we should actually.."

Jongin only came for the food.

No, seriously.

Other than that, he disliked business dinners with his father's business partners and whoever they brought along. This time, it was a young girl with dyed blonde hair, mesmerizing make up and a beautiful teal dress.

He'd give her a 7/10.

She was batting her eye lashes at him and sending him small, shy smiles every now and then. As if she was innocent.

"Jongin, did you know? I'm the chairperson of my grade!" she brightly beamed.

"Oh, your parents must be so proud of you." Jongin sarcastically remarked but the girl showed no signs of faltering.

"Jongin, behave." his mother sternly remarked and shot him a knowing look.

And behave he did...by refraining from saying anything snarky by stuffing his mouth with steak.

"Well why don't you just build a new office, Kim? Save yourself the trouble of having to use your bottom floor as the main one." the teal-dress-lady's father said while taking a sip of his drink.

"I'm doing that, Kwon. Believe me, I already got my sights on a building but it's a small cafè filled with the most unmannered people you'll ever get." Mr Kim scoffed and Jongin couldn't help but snicker a bit.

"So just shut the place down." Mr Kwon suggested.

"If only it were so easy. Their service is poor, I tell you. They have such few workers not to mention the way they treat me as a customer. Especially that chef boy who made my cake." Mr Kim shuddered while remembering the day he went to the cafè and his encounters with Kibum.

Jongin wanted to laugh, he definitely knew who his father was talking about.

"Have you gotten the owner to sign a contract, maybe?" Mr Kwon's wife asked.

"I've tried but the old bat who owns the cafè has the manners of my mother-in-law going through menopause." His father rolled his eyes and was harshly shoved in his side followed by a reprimanding scoff from his wife.

"Don't talk about my mother like that!" Jongin's mother hissed.

"What? It's true! She's moody and miserable and not to mention naggy!" Mr Kim held his hands up in defense earning laughs from the Kwons.

"You're terrible! My mother was right about you!"

Jongin actually thought Miss Lee seemed nice, she had that youthful demeanor for someone so elderly. She seemed nothing like his grandma going through menopause. Not in the slightest.

He loved his parents, he really did. But was it necessary to drag him along while they yap and yap about business and stock and other things? If he wanted to listen to that he'd just watch the news, and he didn't watch the news.

On the bright side, at least there was this lovely girl in a teal dress and this wonderful juicy steak.

Looking at the girl up and down, he slowly smirked and winked at her causing her to burst into a fit of giggles as she tried hiding it by munching on a cherry tomato.

~•The Night Owl Cafè•~

Luckily for Dohyun, she didn't have to go to work today as it was her off day. She was planning on apologizing for her uncharacteristic behavior but still hadn't mustered up the guts to do so.

 Yixing was strumming his guitar peacefully while she was taking pictures of her cappuccino art she made.

"You're so weird, taking pictures of coffee." Yixing said with a raised brow while running his fingers gently along the strings.

"Cappuccino. You wear sunglasses during winter, don't you question me." she retorted and smiled happily when she captured the picture of the cappuccino perfectly and at the right time.

"Whoa, what's up with you? Periods?" Yixing carefully said while strumming a mellow tune.

"None of your business, and if you don't stop pestering me you're going to walk around with a tampon up your nose." she threatened and immediately the guitar let out a strange sound as Yixing blankly stared back her.

"I only use tampons when my nose bleeds-"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter