The Night Owl Café 20

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Night Owl Café~

Two months.

Two months of countless dates and kisses.

Two months of more than usual visits from Mr Kim trying to negotiate with Miss Lee about giving up the café.

Dohyun could barely believe that time went by so fast. Though, Jongin had been surprisingly patient with her and Kibum had come to terms with the fact that she was dating Jongin. Yixing had opted to not even commenting on her relationship with him and avoided the topic completely, which, sort of irked her yet pleased her in a way.

Minseok had been supportive for the very least and Miss Lee had gone ecstatic over the news of her only female employee finally finding comfort in a man. Miss Lee happened to have a soft spot for Jongin and would treat him and his friends whenever they came by to the café after practice.

Myungsoo did not voice out his opinions of Jongin to her either and that was probably for the best, other than that, it was as if nothing was wrong. During the two month span officially becoming his girlfriend, Dohyun had been exposed to things she never thought she’d experience.

Like, when they’d stroll around the mall or when they’re walking around on a date and rambling about anything that came to mind, Jongin would intertwine their fingers together and rub the back of her hand slightly with his fingers, tracing small little patterns.

When he would draw her close to him he’d wrap an arm around her waist, the mere feel of it would send a flurry of butterflies to her stomach, and he knew what effect it had on her which made him do it even more.

When he kissed her, he wasn’t shy to do it out in the open though she mainly only allowed him to kiss her on her cheek in public, still not quite comfortable with the whole PDA thing. She preferred his kisses when no one was around.

Jongin had made a habit to coming around to her apartment and when he did, they mainly stayed in the lounge and whenever Yixing would walk pass he didn’t spare the two a glance but did often send concern looks her way and warning ones to Yixing.

Dohyun, noticing how slightly bothered Jongin was by Yixing’s gazes, suggested that maybe it would be better if they would go to his place for a movie night but the boy abruptly refused. Whenever she spoke of going over to his place he would easily dodge the subject and it didn’t take long for her to start growing suspicious of what he had to hide so badly that she couldn’t visit his place.

Dohyun thought that Jongin might have been a private person but as much as it bothered her that there was more about him that she didn’t know, she decided to respect his decision as well as his privacy.

She didn’t press about it but it still made her wonder what it was that was stopping him from letting her visit him.

Right now, the café was closed after a long day of work and Jongin had arrived half an hour ago, waiting for her shift to be over. The café was now empty of customers and Kibum, Minseok, Myungsoo and Dohyun were preparing to finish up and go home. Myungsoo was counting the money they had made, Dohyun was wiping the tables and Kibum was doing the dishes with the help of Minseok. Soft music boomed in the background as Play That Song by G.O rang out.

Dohyun was about to wipe the next table and blinked in surprise when she found Jongin atop of it posing as if he was at some sort of photoshoot. He looked over at her and smirk and sent a wink her way, biting his bottom lip.

“Draw me like one of your French men, Dohyun,” he softly said in a husky tone.

She stood there with a damp cloth in her hand saying nothing with widened eyes until finally shaking her head and attempting to push him off.

“Get off! What are you doing!?” she exclaimed, gaining the attention of the others. Myungsoo shook his head and went to counting but paused and growled out in frustration. He slammed the money down on the counter and sighed in frustration.

“Great, make me lose count will you?” he muttered and started from the beginning. Minseok came out the back and took off his apron, but saw Myungsoo counting and went over to him.

“600, 650, 700, 750…” Myungsoo softly counted to himself, Minseok smiled and leaned over.

“800, 850, 1000...” Minseok counted as well, taking a few of the money and counting ahead which caused Myungsoo’s head to snap up as he gritted his teeth at the boy beside him.

“MINSEOK!”

“What, I was just trying to help!” Minseok held his hands up in defense.

“I lost count again!”

Jongin yawned and watched Dohyun wipe the last table, a small smile on his face. For some reason, he found himself enjoying the girl’s company. Dohyun wasn’t so uptight around him anymore and was a bit more willing to go out of the way for him. After a week and their deal a while back, Jongin felt like he reached some sort of achievement when she decided to stay with him. The fact that this was one of the longest relationships he’d been in was a record and a surprise for him. He realized that he was forming some sort of attachment to her. It felt odd not to see her more than once a week and not hearing her retaliate to his playful teasing and jokes.

It was the same for her.

He loved running his fingers through her hair for one, feeling the skin of her hands against his for two and when he held her close it was like her body was specially made to his. He even made earn effort to come over to the café when it was near closing time to walk home with her or at least spend some time with her. This didn’t go unnoticed by his friends. Baekhyun would and say that Jongin was falling for her and getting wrapped around her finger while Sehun would was basically amazed Jongin was able to stay with a girl for so long. Taemin said nothing on the matter and didn’t utter a word about him and Dohyun.

Kibum came out from the back with a dish cloth in his hand, “You two go ahead so long, we’ll close up.” He told them.

Dohyun unsurely looked at Kibum, “Are you sure?”

“Dohyun, there’s a 60% chance it’ll rain and the Butter Biscuit Assassin over there looks like he’s about to start counting his toes for fun.” Kibum pointed out as Jongin was dully staring down back at him. “You have ten by the by.” Kibum continued.

“I make biscuits here one time, one time.” Jongin sighed.

“I’m almost convinced I’d be wearing dentures had I eaten that.” Kibum rolled his eyes. “Look, just go on ahead, we’re gonna be here a while.” He pointed out, there were still a few dishes left over and Myungsoo was trying his utmost best to count all the profit made without being distracted by Minseok.

“But I could help-“ Dohyun suggested but was cut off by Kibum crossing his arms and narrowing his feline-like eyes.

“Okay, fine.” She pouted and put the cloth down as Jongin happily walked over to her and hooked her arm with his.

“Shall we, m’lady?” he smiled.

“Hurry, Jongin. Before it rains!” she urged and dragged him towards the café’s doors.

“A ‘we shall’ could have sufficed.” Jongin dully replied as he was practically shoved out the café by a girl smaller than him.

~The Night Owl Café~

When Dohyun arrived home with Jongin, Yixing was already there blasting music and dancing to it. Jongin was struggling to stay awake on the couch, how he could out Yixing’s dancing and singing sort of amazed her. Dohyun was already showered and dressed in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter