The Night Owl Café 22

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Night Owl Café~

 

“Again? Can’t you ask to take some time off?”

“No, Jongin. When are you going to accept the fact that I actually have a job and have work?”

“But now that we’re officially official I just want to check up on you….A lot…More than I should….Often… On a regular basis.”

Dohyun smiled and waved a hand towards Minseok’s direction as if telling him to stop looking at her and resume serving the customers. Shifting her phone to the other side of her ear she responded, “Jongin, you’re my boyfriend not my stalker. Shouldn’t you be practicing?”

Jongin sighed over the phone, “Nah. I’m with my mom, technically she wanted to go shopping and my dad’s busy with work which leaves me being the next person with a driver’s license.”

“I have to hang up now and get back to work before Key sees me, bye.”

“Wait!”

Dohyun rolled her eyes.

“What is it?”

“I love you.” He cooed.

Dohyun felt her heart flutter slightly and a smile found its way on her lips, “Me too.”

“…Dohyun.”

Shaking her head she laughed, “I love you too.”

Minseok dramatically gasped and snapped his fingers and smacked his lips together, “Ooooh, guuuuurrrl~”

Dohyun pressed the end call button and turned around to give Minseok an unamused look.

Myungsoo returned with an empty tray and shook his head at Minseok, “Would you leave the girl alone?”

“Thank you!” She exclaimed.

“Get a girlfriend and then maybe I’ll consider joking with you.” Minseok firmly said in a serious tone.

“I have something else in mind.” Myungsoo curtly responded.

“Something?” Minseok blinked.

“Not someone?” Dohyun added.

Myungsoo shook his head, “I’m…I’m going to try and go into the entertainment industry.” He hesitantly responded.

Minseok and Dohyun’s brows shot up in surprise. Myungsoo wasn’t one in general to seem to put himself ‘out there’ so hearing that he wanted to go into the entertainment business came of as a shock.

“Well. That’s surprising..” Dohyun said, breaking the silence.

The café bells chimed as a new presence came in the form of Taemin. Dohyun was surprised to see Taemin here, especially since the boy was alone and not with Jongin, Sehun or even Baekhyun for that matter. His eyes scanned the nearly empty café until they landed on Dohyun. Taemin walked over to the counter with a slight smile on his face.

“Can I help you?” She curiously asked, wondering what he was doing here. Alone. Without his friends.

“I actually came here for you,” Taemin told her and Minseok scoffed beside her.

“Of course he did, just saying that she’s not the only barista here.” Minseok pointed out with a roll of his eyes.

Taemin chuckled and took some money out and gave it to her, “I actually came here to talk to you.”

Dohyun blinked, “To me? What about?”

Taemin grinned at her and shoved his ahnds in his pockets, “Before that, can I please get an Afagotto?”

Dohyun nodded and took the money as she got the ingredients ready for the coffee based beverage the boy had ordered.

~The Night Owl Café~

 

After she finished Taemin’s order and he wanted to speak to her, the boy refused to speak to her right then and there. He wanted to talk to her privately. Informing him that it would be unwise to leave the café premises, she excused herself with Minseok and Myungsoo’s approval and now sat across from Taemin at a secluded table in the back.

“What did you want to talk to me about?” She asked.

Taemin sighed and poked the vanilla-ice cream at the top of the Afagotto as he felt conflicted. He liked all his friends and wouldn’t dream of hurting them but he couldn’t allow Jongin to keep misusing woman and not seeing them for what they truly are.

Taemin wasn’t even sure if what Jongin felt towards the girl was sincere.

“Before I start, how’s things with Kai lately?” Taemin questioned.

Dohyun slightly smiled and started playing with the soft fabric of her apron, “It’s great I guess, I’m actually happy my first relationship is with someone like him. He’s so nice towards me and there are times where he can be a bit cheesy but that’s okay, I don’t really mind it.”

Taemin’s frown deepened as he saw the girl speak fondly of Jongin and how lovingly she was towards him.

At least, she was sincere.

“Dohyun, there’s something I need to tell you..” Taemin started, she had to know. It took him a few weeks, possibly even a month to decide when to tell her but it was either now or never and he’s rather go with the first option instead of risking another break up.

Dohyun felt a bit uneasy, hearing Taemin utter those word didn’t put her at ease.

“I get that Jongin and you are close but, it might not be what you think.” He told her, looking at the mush that was once vanilla ice-cream.

“What are you getting at?” She asked with confused look.

Maybe Taemin shouldn’t say anything at all. It wasn’t even his place, was it? He didn’t know, he just didn’t want a cycle to continue.

“Jongin’s possibly not serious about the relationship.” Taemin told her without pause or hesitation.

Dohyun felt like Taemin was speaking to her in riddles. What did he mean?

“What are you getting at Taemin?” She firmly asked, her mood slowly turning sour.

He nervously chuckled and waved it off, “Never mind, just forget it. I shouldn’t have said anything, anyway.”

Taemin made a move to get up but Dohyun quickly darted her hand out and gripped the boy by his wrist and pulled him so that her sat back down.

“Give it to me straight, Taemin.” She said, staring at him directly in his nervous eyes, “What’s this about Jongin not taking the relationship seriously.”

Taemin pleadingly looked at her, “Dohyun, please. Don’t make me do this.”

“Fine, I’ll just call Jongin and ask him then.” She replied and made a move to reach for her phone when Taemin stopped her.

“Alright! Fine!” Taemin desperately exclaimed, “He might not be serious about your relationship, Dohyun. He’s dated girls from our studio and the times he dated them wasn’t long either. Then you came… I think he might have seen you as a next target but…It took longer than he planned, he’s still with you which is probably the longest he’s been with any girl so I could be in the wrong here, okay. Dating you for so long could mean something, maybe he likes you maybe he doesn’t but I just…” Taemin paused, looking down at the table and not at the girl in front of him so he wouldn’t see the look on her face. Finally mustering up the guts, he looked up at her to see her staring back at him with an almost dull and grey look on her face as if she was expressionless, “I just..thought you had the right to know.”

Dohyun didn’t say anything nor did she m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter