The Night Owl Café 12

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~•The Night Owl Café•~

Dohyun sat on the foot of the couch as Yixing was sitting on the bench in front of the window howling out into the night. Jongin had been on her mind all day, and not for the sappy lovey-dovey reasons. She was actually slightly disappointed in herself...

His words to her echoed in her head.

"Go out with me, for a short time. If you enjoy yourself and see yourself falling for me which you will, we stay in a relationship. If you don't, we'll break it off and never meet each other again. Deal?"

She was just so tired and exhausted and wanted to get home as soon as possible and away from Jongin so what did she do?

"I shook his hand..." she mumbled dejectedly and brought her knees up to her chest and nestled her head in her arms.

It hadn't really sunken in yet.

In all her years of living, she was finally in a relationship, and she wasn't in love.

"What am I going to do?" she silently wailed and tangled her fingers in her hair.

"How about admitting yourself to the nearest Mental Institution, seeing you talk to yourself and curled up in the couch like a ball with your fingers in your hair is beginning to freak me out." Yixing nonchalantly said while clearing his raspy throat after yelling out the window for some time.

"Oh yeah? What about you? You're screaming out the window at ten in the evening, worry about yourself before me." she paused and gave him an odd look, "Wait...why are you screaming out the window?" she asked and Yixing blinked slowly in response.

"Apparently wolves respond to human howls...," he explained and turned back to the window and took in a deep gust of air, "AWOOOOO!!!"

Dohyun slapped her palm against her forehead and stomped her way over to him and pulled him away from the window and shut it. "How are you older than me!?" she yelled, he took a seat on the couch and patted a spot next to him for her.

"I'm simply born a few years before you. What's with the sudden question?" he innocently asked.

"Yixing, we're living deep in Seoul, in a busy area at a high floor of an apartment block and you're yelling out the window for a response from a wolf." Yixing was seriously a piece of work, for someone so smart he should have thought of this.

Yixing said nothing for a few seconds and poked her forehead, "What's your point?"

Swatting his hand away she aggressively poked him back on his dimple earning a whine from the boy. "My point is, there are no wolves around here!"

Yixing's lips parted and his eyes had a distant look for a minute and he slowly nodded his head. "Right....better plan a camp to the woods then." he told himself. "Oh, right, so what's up with you? You've been all depressed and acting like you just did something horrible."

She grabbed his collar and brought his face close to hers. "That's because I did do something horrible..." she whimpered.

Yixing lowered her hands and studied her. "....Gee, Do-Do what did you do? bake a cake and feed it to a customer?" he sarcastically asked, being well aware of her poor baking skills and egg-shell chocolate cake.

"Stop it Yixing, it's not funny." she snapped, Yixing quieted down the moment she used his real name. Hearing her say that stilled an unknown feeling in his stomach.

"Dohyun..." he carefully said, "what did you do?"

"Lay....I have a boyfriend." she blurted and immediately brought her hands up to after she said it before she said something else.

Yixing nodded. "Oh, okay." He smiled and she gave him a look of disbelief.

She hadn't been in a relationship that wasn't in the name of friendship since she was born and she just told her best friend about it and all he could do was say okay!?

"Lay....has it sunken in yet?" She dully asked.

He blinked in response looking utterly confused as his eyes darted around, she could practically see the gears slowly start to work when his usually half lidded eyes slowly started widening.

It didn't take long for him to let out a shocked and long gasp as he pointed at her. "You...You're.....YOU TRAITOR!!!" he screamed and threw the couch's cushion in her face causing her to yelp.

"Ow! What was that for!?" she yelled and threw it back at him as he let out a small whimper.

"That was my nose!....You should know what that was for! What happened to hashtag forever alone, I thought we had something special!" he pouted and crossed his arms.

"Hashtag forever alo- since when did we ever have something like that!?" she asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"Ever since I figured you haven't been in a relationship since you were born and I haven't been in one for a very long time."

"But Lay I-"

"Deception!" he sang and held a hand up to her face to silence her, "Disgrace! Betrayer as clear as the look on your face, deception, an OUTRAGE! Disgrace! For Shame!"

"Stop going all Lion King on me!"

Yixing grabbed another pillow and used it to repeatedly hit Dohyun who tried defending herself. "I didn't raise you to be like this, missy!" he reprimanded.

"You didn't raise me." she stuck her tongue out at him and grabbed the cushion out of his grip and put it a distance away from his reach. "Yixing, I don't love him. What am I going to do?"

"What?" he carelessly asked,"What do you mean you don't love him? He's your boy...boyfr- you know I don't think it's sunken in yet that you have a boyfriend." he scrunched up his face. How did plain Jane Dohyun nab herself a boyfriend? Did she blackmail him into it because she got desperate? Wouldn't leave him alone till he said yes? Threatened him saying if he didn't agree then she'd force feed him her egg-shell cake?

"It was a deal. He wouldn't leave me alone and I caved in.."

"Weak much?" he frankly stated.

"Leave me alone, he's really persistent!"

"So you date him because he won't leave you alone? Wow, how low have you stooped life. Your first relationship and it's not even based around love. Song Dohyun, everyone." he mockingly said and slow clapped with an unamused expression.

"Could you stop making me feel like crap, thanks?" she sarcastically replied.

"No. I want you to feel bad for what you've done. Tsk tsk."

"I do feel bad!" she retorted!

"Good!"

~•The Night Owl Café•~

"SUCCESS!!!" Jongin screamed in the practice room.

"In what?" Baekhyun asked in an uninterested tone.

"Song Dohyun is now officially my girlfriend." he smirked victoriously while stretching his limbs.

"Seriously? Poor Doughnut, how long do you'll think she'll last?" Taemin asked and Sehun shrugged in response to his friend's question.

Jongin changes his girlfriends like he changes his clothes. One day he's with someone, the next, it's someone else.

"I have no idea, my phone's battery life probably has a better chance at lasting longer than Kai's relationships. Kai, don't you dare even try throwing me with that water bottle." Sehun reprimanded and Jongin reluctantly put the water bottle down while sending a glare in Sehun's direction.

"I have feelings, you guys." he dejectedly said.

Sehun laughed mockingly and was about to lean on Taemin only to be pushed away.

"Don't touch me, I'm famous." Taemin said with a serious face.

"If only you could have shown them to your past exes." Baekhyun snickered.

"I actually like Dohyun. She made a really nice impression on me with her barista skills." Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter