The Night Owl Café 6

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Night Owl Café~

Poke

“Stop it.”

Poke

“I’m serious…”

Poke

“I will kick you.”

Poke

“Three chances…”

…….

Poke

“KIM MINSEOK!!!” Myungsoo finally snapped and glared at the boy causing his current misery.

“What happened to my three chances!?” What did Myungsoo ever do that he was the target for Minseok’s amusement today?

The café had closed up at the usual 6PM time and everyone was exhausted. Kibum was knocked out and sleeping with his head in his arms at a nearby table. Myungsoo had been trying to sit down in peace until Minseok sat next to him and continuously poked him. Dohyun on the other hand, was sprawled out on the floor and staring lifelessly at the ceiling.

Today was way too exhausting. She just wanted to crawl into her bed and sleep. Not to mention…

“Someone put the heater on…It’s so cold.” Minseok whined.

The heater was broken.

“It’s broken, Xiumin.” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “It’s been broken since last winter when you broke it.”

Minseok pouted and stared solemnly at the broken contraption on the wall. “Someone, fix it! I’m freezing my baozi off!”

After getting no reply, Minseok left Myungsoo’s side to lie down next to the motionless Dohyun who chose to remain completely still. Idle Dohyuns are a Minseok’s playground. Who knows what a bored Minseok would do? She stared at him with narrowed eyes as if daring him to do something. Minseok took this as a challenge and slowly extended his pointy finger to her side and let out a loud laugh after poking the girl who looked like an octopus on the floor. Minseok’s loud laughter caused Kibum to wake up and groan and turn his head to the side.

Minseok decided to leave Dohyun alone and go to Kibum which was probably not the best option. Before he could even attempt anything, Kibum raised his head slightly and Minseok was met with a narrowed feline-like eye.

Kibum hissed in a dangerous tone and seethed. “Just you do it and I will pee on everything you love.”

Dohyun frowned a bit and pouted. Lately, Jongin’s made a habit if not a mission to pop up at the café regularly. Why? She didn’t know. He seemed to get along with Minseok and rarely interacted with Myungsoo who didn’t really pay him any mind and Kibum still had his speculations about him. She did too. As fun and good looking as he was, something was obviously off about the boy but he had a charm that somehow drew her to him.

Ever since the night he took her out, she saw him more frequently and he made several attempts to get her number and eventually she caved in. He’d send her text messages and tried calling her but she never answered. Jongin was persistent though and called her constantly which eventually worked on Yixing’s nerves.   She’d just made it to her room in time to see Yixing’s hand clasping her phone, leaned dangerously to the back getting ready to throw her Samsung out of the open window of their apartment. What stopped him? Her coming in and the fact that it wasn’t exactly a cheap phone he was willing to pay for.

“Guys…we’ve got to get up and go home.” Myungsoo reminded tiredly but no one moved. It seemed like everyone was tired except Minseok who found a white strand of hair at the back of Kibum’s head.

Laughing, he tugged on it. “Ha! Key’s hair is reaching its prime!”

Kibum clicked his tongue and stared aggressively at Minseok. “It’s stress! It’s a sign of my hard work!”


“And age…” Minseok mumbled.

“STRESS!” Kibum interjected. “Oh, great. Now you’ve got me all riled up I was almost asleep!” Kibum said with a groan and got up while stretching. He walked to the back of the staff room and came out swinging keys around his finger and standing by the café door looking disgruntled.

“Out.” He grunted, they all sprawled together and  got their belongings and ran out with Kibum locking up behind them. After they all gathered outside and Minseok and Kibum had gone their own separate ways, Dohyun and Myungsoo were left walking into the cool air.

“Hey, L…” She called, with a far off look the her face. Myungsoo remained silent and stared at her expectantly. “What do you think of Jongin?”

Myungsoo stopped walking and shot Dohyun a stare causing her to falter in her steps at the elder’s flare. “Why are you asking?”

She bit her lip; even though she’s on good terms with Myungsoo there was no denying he was intimidating. Shaking her head she shrugged it off. “Never mind. I was just…well, like I said. Never mind.”

‘Chicken’ she silently thought as she kicked a nearby pebble.

He stared at her for a few seconds and resumed walking on with Dohyun trailing a few steps behind him instead of beside him.

Great, now the atmosphere became awkward. She sighed and stared at the nearby shops that were busy closing up.

“I don’t trust him.”

Abruptly looking up, she bumped into his back but immediately regained her footing. When did he stop walking?

“…Huh?” She asked, dumbfounded.

“I said, I don’t trust him. That boy you went with.” Myungsoo told her as he stared her straight in the eyes. “There’s something about him that’s…I can’t get to it. It’s like there’s more to him that meets the eye.” He warned and she remained silent, not knowing how to respond to the usually silent Myungsoo.

They’d started walking again and just when she was about to go her separate way and bid him farewell, Myungsoo placed a firm hand on her shoulder.

“Song Dohyun.”

Turning to face him in confusion and curiosity, she clenched her fists at the uneasiness the look he had given her. He’d used her full name. He meant business.

“Yeah?”

Myungsoo furrowed his brow a bit and let go of her shoulder.

“Be careful….”

~The Night Owl Café~

“You called for me?”

“Ah, yes. Jongin, take a seat, my son.”

Doing as his father said, Jongin took a seat in front of his father’s desk in his office.

“Sup, pops?” He grinned and smirked, much like how his father does.

Choosing to ignore the name his son addressed him as, Jongin’s father cleared his throat and analyzed his son. “How are you lately?”

“Me? I’m great I guess.” Jongin said, remembering how he’d constantly message Dohyun and attempt to call her only to have her reject his calls. She really was something. She was rejecting his call.

Rejecting.

His.

Call.

He also had the habit of calling her princess, much to her displeasure. She’d get flustered and worked up, how he loved seeing her react like th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter