The Night Owl Café 26

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Night Owl Café~

 

Dohyun smiled from her seat on the opposite couch as Jongin sat with their three year old son who was fast asleep as he leaned his tiny body against his father’s side. Jongin was finishing up some work on his laptop which rested on his lap. Their son, Yujin, shifted slightly and adjusted his position on the couch in a small attempt to find a comfortable spot.

Dohyun took in the cozy sight before her as she spoke on the phone with Yixing.

“I mean seriously, I get tired too sometimes. I don’t know what was going through my mind when I decided that I was going to open a dance studio of my own…Maybe it was something I had. Did you put anything in my espresso at some point when we were still living together? But I can’t say I regret it, you know?” Yixing sighed over the phone, “So, how’s the family doing?”

“We’re doing just fine,” she replied, “Yujin fell asleep about half an hour ago against Jongin, and he’s just finishing up some last minute things before we get ready to head off into bed.”

“Dohyun it’s so lonely in this apartment without you! I don’t smell espresso in the morning, movie nights are dead to me now and I have no one to send to the store on my behalf anymore. Plus, I need to stick up sticky notes to remind myself to go out to buy groceries and have I mentioned I no longer have a comfortable sum of money left over after I pay the rent?”

“Every time you call me, Lay.” She softly laughed, she could practically picture him pouting. Dohyun moved out after she and Jongin had bought a house together and got married. The house wasn’t big, it was a simple and decent sized house for a small family. Jongin had joined Taemin in making youtube video covers of different dances and he did somehow gain some attention. He was offered the opportunity to join the entertainment industry as well but he had found himself gaining a position in his father’s company whereas he still danced as a hobby with his friends, some of which had made it to the entertainment industry, like Taemin who became an artist.

Baekhyun and Sehun still kept in touch with Jongin and they debuted in a group called EXO. Kibum was studying music and Myungsoo had told her that he was accepted into a huge company where he debuted in a group called Infinite and even made it into the acting industry. Myungsoo kept in contact with them as well though it was rare seeing as the man’s schedule was quite busy.

Minseok had opened his own coffee shop and it was actually quite a successful business.

Miss Lee had retired from her position as owner of the café and now, surprisingly, Dohyun was now the owner. With Miss Lee retired, Myungsoo, Kibum and Minseok gone as well, she had to hire new people. In their places was a bright boy who went by the nickname of Zelo, a cool and calm guy with quite the deep voice named Yongguk, and finally a chipper boy by the name of Himchan.

If she really thought long and hard about it, she wouldn’t have thought that they’d all ended up going their separate ways like this.

She didn’t expect to get married and have a son either. Yujin was like a ball of energy at merely three years old. He was bright and curious about a lot of things and of course, a sweet tooth.

He’d been running around the house the entire day, creating a mess in his wake only to be reprimanded countless times by his mother who was cleaning. It was her day off from work and she’d taken that opportunity to look after her son seeing as Jongin had work.

She eventually got him to remain still for a good half an hour by giving him a lollipop to feast on and sitting him in front of the television to watch reruns of Pororo but the boy could only be still for so long. As soon as the reruns finished he was up and about again.

When Jongin got home from work, the poor man hardly got a chance to properly step foot in the house because he was tackled by an energetic Yujin who beamed up at his father with his arms outstretched, pleading to be picked up by exclaiming the words, “Daddy! Up, up!”

As tired as he was, Jongin couldn’t find it in him to say no and picked his son up much to the latter’s enjoyment.

Dohyun had appeared a few seconds later welcoming him as he gave her a soft peck on her lips which caused Yujin to make a small protest. Eventually, Jongin gave his son a quick peck on the cheek, satisfying the boy.

Yujin looked like a combination of both his parents. He had his mother’s hair colour and nose but he had his father’s smile and eyes. Jongin had taken it upon himself to nickname his son “Mini-me”.

“I’ll be going now, I have to be at the studio bright and early tomorrow. Well, it’s been a nice chat. I’ll just shut off the lights in my apartment where I live all alone. Because I have to work and make money to pay the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter