The Night Owl Café 16

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~•The Night Owl Café•~

If Dohyun didn't regret going out with Jongin the night before, she certainly regretted it now.

"Yixing, where's the pain-ickffmmm..mmph!?"

Her head felt like it was going to explode and her body felt like it was trapped in the oven. Did she eat something bad? Did Jongin possibly poison her hot chocolate? The room looked as if it was spinning and either she was watching way too many Naruto episodes with her roommate or something because there were two Yixings.

Since when did Yixing have chakra?

....

Make that three.

Something was roughly shoved in and lacked taste and made her gag.

"Don't move for a good few seconds, Doodie. You're looking a bit...gone." Yixing said in a concerned tone and she felt his cool hand on her forehead. "This is because you went out with that guy! Now my poor fifi is sick." he pouted and took the stick out and eyed it with a calculating gaze. "Hmm...this is kinda high. You can't go to work today."

Yes, because she was totally going to work light headed and sniffing and sneezing everywhere over the cakes and beverages.

"I'll drop in at the café later and tell the guys." Yixing said as he brushed a few strands of hair out her face only the cringe a bit and pull a face. "Eeew, sweaty. Go shower!"

"But I-"

"You're sweating over here, go shower, I'll change your sheets and be gone when you get out!" he reprimanded and rolled his eyes. "Don't open the door for strangers." he finally said with a warning glare and shut the door to her room. With a groan and much effort, she literally rolled out of bed and crawled to the bathroom to take a bath because taking a shower would be he'll at the moment. When the water had finally been ready she felt like she could fall asleep instantly. Her nose felt like it was being pinched and her head felt as if she was hit by a bus.

She didn't have the energy for company anyway, psh, open the door for strangers.

Like she'd open the door to many people, she had the social skills of a rock. How she befriended Kibum, Minseok and Myungsoo were a mystery. How she and Yixing became friends...Well, they go back. As back as when they bought this apartment together a year ago at the same time due to a mix up of the landlord, and luckily there were two separate rooms, and even better, they found themselves getting along and became friends in the very same day. But because it's Yixing, he suggested something one wouldn't exactly do after meeting someone for one full day, he suggested they share said apartment, at first she was totally against this because one, she just met him after a day, two, she wasn't so sure sharing an apartment with a guy she knew for 24 hours was safe. Then again, an offer like this doesn't pop up everyday so why the waffle not?

There were, of course complications.

She didn't take too well to Yixing using her espresso machine she saved up for, and he didn't take too well at her strumming his guitar for fun even the she couldn't play. Unlike herself at that time, Yixing had friends. Whom he'd invite over, now she didn't mind, she stayed cooped up in her room, but Yixing's friends were loud. Extremely so. A chinese boy who was often referred to as Xiao Lu and a boy blessed with a beautiful voice named Chen. She's spoken to them a few times only to find out Xiao Lu was much older than her despite his face. His age was as real as the present yet his face was stuck in the past. He didn't speak much to her but that's okay, they didn't speak much in general. Then, there was the other guy. Chen, as they call him, buy Jongdae by name. That guy was an absolute troll and up to mischief. He replaced the sugar jar with salt and she didn't know and ended up with possibly the worst cappaccino she has ever made in all her years of living. It was a prank meant for Yixing but it affected her as well. Dohyun felt an oncoming gag she had to suppress when she recalled how he offered her 'water' which was actually just vinegar, her nose had been blocked at the time and she wasn't able to smell and took a sip only to nearly puke her insides out and question her existence.

Yixing didn't fall for it.

Unfair.

However, Luhan was back in China and Jongdae, well, she hadn't seen him around either and she probably shouldn't even dwell on the thought of him before he makes his existence known by pulling something again. Something along the lines of putting a poster of Gollum in the shower. Seemed like something he would do.

She wasn't stupid, she knew why was sick right now.

It's Jongin's fault.

One way, or another she was going to be soaked in the weather and she didn't exactly have a change of clothes either. Her wet, shivering state combined with the heat in Jongin's car were not a good combination for her immune system. Dohyun briefly wondered whether Jongin was sick with a cold as well. Some hidden sadistic part of her wanted him to.

After her long bath which she stayed in till her skin wrinkled, she got out and dressed herself in baggy and loose clothes, collapsing back on her bed with the now changed sheets. Sure enough, Yixing was gone and the apartment was silent except for the familiar noises of the bustling and lively city life outside.

Before she knew it, her eyes drooped and she was consumed in a deep sleep filled with odd dreams.

~•The Night Owl Café•~

"Sick? What do you mean she's sick!?" Kibum yelled.

"Aw, she is? Well that's too bad...I hope she gets better soon." Minseok's concerned tone rang out, a complete contrast to Kibum's slightly annoyed one.

"..." Of course, Myungsoo was as unresponsive as ever.

"She caught a cold last night..." Yixing murmured, careful not to let anything regarding Dohyun's recently changed relationship status. He slid his gaze to Minseok, remembering his encounter as well as his slip up with the boy last night.

"You mean her boyfriend?" Yixing suggested.

"No, this guy, he goes by Kai now and then."

"Yeah. Her boyfriend. Kai. Jongin. Whatever tickles your fancy."

He really needed to learn how to keep his mouth shut, Victoria's Secret hasn't even been exposed yet but he managed to let his own best friend's secret out as if he was talking about the weather.

Minseok avoided Yixing's gaze the entire time which brought a feeling of uneasiness to him. Did anyone else know? Dohyun was going to hate him, wasn't she?

Why couldn't he be drunk off his rocker when Dohyun told him she was in a relationship with Jongin?

At least then, he'd be able to not remember what she told him and he'd be more than willing to suffer on onslaught of a hangover the next morning.

But nooooooo.

He was sober.

And didn't fancy drinking anyway.

He's going to blame Dohyun.

If she hadn't told him in the first place none of this would have happened.

"She got sick last night? What happened, the weather's been nothing but storm and cold and whatever and she goes out?" Myungsoo's brow furrowed, resisting the urge to roll his eyes at the girl. What was she even doing outside in the first place, Dohyun practically only went outside when she needed to. The girl was basically a hermit. But she just had to make an exception for that dancing queen. Yixing had nothing much against Jongin, he just remembered him from the competition and the studio but he was well aware of the boy's reputation as he has dated some girls in the studio.

"Yeah..you know unpredictable Dohyun." Yixing nervously chuckled. "Anyway, I just came to tell you that. I need to get to the studio."

Looking at Minseok again he cleared his throat. "All the best to you, have a nice day and don't get cuaght up in trouble or...be clumsy...and let some things...slip." Yixing couldn't be more obvious but if Minseok didn't get this for the second time he was going to scream.

Taking his leave from the café, Yixing disappeared out the door's leaving Kibum, Minseok and Myungsoo to share looks regarding rarely sick Dohyun's absenteeism.

"I thought idiots don't catch colds." Kibum said, breaking the silence and earning a rewarding back hand from Myungsoo.

Kibum glared at Myungsoo. "Back to work, you two. We're gonna have to work extra since Dohyun isn't here." Myungsoo said.

"You mean you and Xiumin have to work extra harder, Diddle-Daddle's absent self doesn't affect me in any way." Kibum scoffed and stormed off to the kitchen to get the Swiss Rolls out of the oven.

"You're a bit...quiet this morning.." Myungsoo noticed as he stared at Minseok who was biting his lip. "Something you wanna tell me?"

Minseok hurriedly shook his head and sent a shaky smile the latter's way and started grinding coffee beans. Myungsoo raised a brow and shrugged, going back to the customer's to ask if anyone required refills.

He couldn't believe it. She actually managed to score herself a boyfriend. But how dare she not tell him, how come Yixing got to know first? He unconsciously pouted as he boiled the water for the beverages. At least he knew the guy she was with, Jongin. He didn't mind Jongin, he liked him. The boy wasn't a total sass like Kibum or a broody-pants like Myungsoo or cynical Dohyun. He loved all his friends though. But on a serious note that's been bothering him since last night.

WHAT THE TRUFFLENUT, DOHYUN HAS A BOYFRIEND.

"Baozi, look at me for poop's sake!" Kibum yelled and pinched Minseok's cheek.

"Aaah! What, what is it, what do you want!?" He yelled in pain as his face flesh was being butchered by two fingers. Kibum let go and pointed towards a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter