The Night Owl Café 1

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Night Owl Cafe~

Story Intro (Please read)

There was something about The Night Owl Café that drew Dohyun and not to mention the customers towards it. The Night Owl Café is a maroon brick building with the café’s name written on a black sign in fancy, golden cursive. Anyone who walked pass the café would get a wonderful and powerful aroma of the scent of coffee beans and fresh morning espresso.

The café made and sold a variety of beverages ranging from Coffee to Bubble Tea and even Coffee Cakes. It wasn’t a very big building but it got a decent amount of customers, businessmen and women would often meet up here for appointments. The café played relaxing music but what also gave the café more ‘life’ was the employees who worked there.

To start off, let’s talk about Kim Minseok.

Kim Minseok was probably the favorite person to be around among them. He’s usually referred to as Xiumin for some reason or the other. He’s a way more experienced barista than Dohyun and he made it no secret. He’s also very good looking, his hair was a nice deep shade of brown and his eyes were one of his features that made him all the more attractive. Minseok’s also quite approachable and a pleasant conversationalist should you be looking for company.

Then, there’s Kim Kibum who also goes by the nickname of Key. Kibum is the boss when it comes to making the coffee cakes or peppermint crisp tarts or any cake or dessert available to snack on in this store. He’s so good at it the finishing product looks like art, you’re not sure if you want to eat it. He also had quite the personality though and his feline shaped eyes did wonders for the expressions he pulled off.

He was frank, to the point and it was one of the qualities Dohyun liked about him. Kibum’s sense of fashion was great too. He made the café uniform look like some outfit for the red carpet even though it was a simple white shirt, black pants and black waist apron.

Also, there’s Kim Myungsoo, who goes by the nickname of L. Myungsoo is the waiter and he’s also quite popular with the female customers and it’s understandable. He’s very good looking, sharp features, nice hair and he was a bit stoic. He preferred to stay to himself most of the time and didn’t have much to say unless he actually felt the need to converse. He was quite helpful around the place and actually got along with other employees. They even got him to crack a smile once in a while (much to the delight of the other female customers.)

Finally, there’s her. Song Dohyun. The only female employee at this café if you don’t count in the elderly owner. She was called Doodie by Minseok and Do-Do by her roommate and she wasn’t as popular as the boys around the café. She works as a barista with Minseok seeing as the beverages are the main attraction of the business though she’s not as good as him.

 

~The Night Owl Cafe~

Monday was a busy day for quite obvious reasons. People would want to buy a drink before work, students need a bit of a boost before school and some people just can’t seem to develop a liking towards good old Monday so they drown their dislike in caffeine. What better place to do so than at The Night Owl Café?

“Seriously, people don’t appreciate how much time and effort I put into these cakes and tarts. I mean, just look at this! Do they know all the hard work I put into these delicacies?” Kibum said in an almost snarky tone whilst adding frosting to the top of the cinnamon swiss roll.

“That’s an obvious answer. Sugar, milk, eggs, flour, maybe a bit of apricot jam for that sweet taste…” Minseok replied and chuckled as he and Dohyun crushed the coffee beans until they were fine enough. Kibum “haha-ed” in a dull tone towards Minseok’s comment. Myungsoo stood at the counter waiting for the cinnamon swiss roll and slightly rolled his eyes at the behavior of the two.

“Why is Monday Morning rush the busiest rush of the week?” Dohyun mumbled.

Kibum began on the next order of two Orange Coffee Cakes while Minseok made two Morning Americanos. Myungsoo took that order and placed it in a brown paper bag with the signature logo of the owl on it and walked into the direction of tow high school girls who exploded into fits of giggles as he neared them. The girls talked to him for a bit and after they left, he came back sighing and waited for Kibum and Minseok to wrap up the next order as Dohyun wiped the counters,

“Gosh, it’s disturbing to see you Gaston, looking so down in the dumps.” Kibum sang after looking at Myungsoo’s expression which only turned more sour at Kibum’s teasing , Minseok and Dohyun snickered silently.

“Just give me the next order, please. Oh, here you go, Xiumin.” Myungsoo said while handing over a slip of paper to the barista boy, crumpling up his own paper at the same time.

“What’s this?” Minseok asked while tilting his head slightly.

“One of the girls asked me to give you their number while I got the other.” Myungsoo replied as he held up the now crumpled paper.

Minseok stared at the slip for a few seconds and then put it in his mouth and started chewing it. Dohyun stared in silence as Kibum let out a disgusted noise and furiously patted Minseok’s cheeks in an attempt to get him to spit the paper out.

Myungsoo took the crumpled paper of his own and held it up to Minseok’s mouth. “Here, have mine too.”

“L, don’t encourage him! Xiumin, spit it out right now or so help me I will get Dohyun to use the ultimate method.” Dohyun giggled a bit and wriggled her fingers as if they were worms and moved them towards Minseok’s sides.  Minseok eventually caved and spat the paper ball out into a napkin and disposed of it.

“Well, if you three are done…Dohyun, help me out? The rush is no joke.” Myungsoo asked and Dohyun agreed nodded. The Monday Morning Rush was slowly coming to an end and the Afternoon Hour would start where there wouldn’t be as much people due to customers either working or being at school.

“Finally! Afternoon Hour how I’ve longed for thee!” Minseok cheered and to celebrate he brewed himself a Vanilla Frappe. “You guys want anything?”

“Snowflake Latte for me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter