The Night Owl Café 15

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~•The Night Owl Café•~

She in a breath and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear while looking at herself in the mirror. Clearly looking at herself she already seemed so nervous and out of place. What totally made her upset was that it was over today's Make-up date with Jongin. He texted her with a simple message saying;

Don't dress up too fancy, I'll pick you up and show you a good time ;) <3 Don't disappoint me, princess

Even his texts alone were enough to irk her. Yixing was anticipating her leave as he'd get his so called 'me time' back and again reminded her it was for the best not to get involved with Jongin but he wouldn't state why specifically. First Myungsoo, now Yixing. If this was Yixing's reaction who didn't really care what she did as long as it didn't involve him, what would Myungsoo's reaction be like?

"Doodie!" Yixing screamed, "There's a car that could pay off our rent for months outside our apartment!"

Sighing, she screamed back. "It's probably someone coming to visit someone else in this flat block!"

"But he looks seriously familiar! He's leaning against his car now with his phone in his hand! Seriously where have I seen him bef- oh it's him." Yixing's voice dropped towards the end. By the way he said him she assumed it had to be Jongin. Her phone beeping with a new text only confirmed her suspicions.

I'm outside, hurry up it's raining

Wow, he didn't think to come up here and fetch her and shield her from the rain like they did in the movies? Dohyun didn't know much about relationships but the dramas were proving her wrong at a fast rate.

Grabbing her phone and running towards the door, she didn't even take note of Yixing who tried to give her something. Making her way downstairs she ran into the lobby where she saw Jongin already back in his car waiting for her. Great, now it was time for the risky run from the rain-free lobby to the not so rain-free outside into the vehicle being pelted by said rains drops. No matter how you look at it, she was going to be a victim to the cold and wet weather no matter what.

She was jolted out of her thoughts by an impatient hoot and felt like slashing his car's wheels at the moment. Accepting her situation, she bolted and rain out the lobby only to be hit with harsh rain drops. This wasn't rain this was a bloody storm. She was about to be one running step away from opening the car door but her right leg slipped due to the wet ground and she wouldn't have fallen onto a completely wet concrete had she not regained her footing last minute. She quickly opened the car door and slammed the door shut, Jongin's booming laughter filled up the car. At least the car was warm...

"HAHA! Oh my gosh, what was that twinkle toes!?" he guffawed.

Growling she flicked her arm in his direction, sending a few wet sprinkles his way. He flinched and gave her a glare.

"This is my car, woman. It's enough your wet behind is soaking up the passenger seat don't make me make you walk for the rest of the way." he threatened her.

As if she was affected. He cared more about his own car than his date.

Feeling the urg to look out the window, she did and looked up to where her apartment floor was to see Yixing laughing by the front window and pointing in her direction.

Feeling her face flush with embarrassment she immediately turned her head away, not meeting Jongin's eyes and kept her own trained to her lap.

Clearly, Yixing saw what happened to her.

This, was going to be a long night.

Meanwhile... Yixing sighed contently after a good laugh and stared at the object in his hands.

"She could have just taken this black umbrella she came home with that one day..." he muttered to himself.

~•The Night Owl Café•~

"Oh....My....Snickerdoodles.."

"Yeah...I expected that."

"You can't be serious."

"Oh, but I am," Jongin smiled to himself as he stood next to Dohyun after parking his car on the side of the location's parking area.

"You tell me I at date planning but you bring me to the park!? At eight in the night!?" she yelled and nervously darted her eyes around as if something was about to jump out the bushes and strangle her for the kick of it.

He wanted to take her by her shoulders and scream. Why was she being so difficult and how dare she question his dating skills? He's been on more dates than she had ever been and he was pretty sure he was her probably her first date.

How sad.

The rain had stopped a while ago and the grounds were still wet. There were still a few people in the park, a mother watching her child play on the monkey bars and warning him to stop because it was wet, a couple walking around hand in hand and the occasional little snack stands that were selling things.

She didn't like this. Not one bit, there was way too little people to even notice if anything would happen. What if Jongin brought her here with ill intentions? With a inaudible whimper she turned to face him to see him staring at her with a puzzled look.

She didn't want to be kidnapped or hijacked in a park. Jongin noticed her stiff figure and poked her only to have her jump and seeth at him.

"Say. Nothing." she clenched her fist and he held his hand up showing her meant no harm.

Walking in front, Jongin took off his jacket and put it on the seat of the swing and sat on it to prevent getting wet. Seeing what he had done, Dohyun did the same. She'd expected he'd take off his jacket and give it to her to help her but chivalry seemed to be dead to him. They both sat on the seats of a swing in a comfortable silence. The swing had a little roof over it but some rain had still managed to get through on the swings.

"So..." she fidgeted with her hands, avoiding his eyes. "What now?"

He turned his swing to face hers and smirked. "Now, we get to know each other princess."

"We know each other already, Kai" she scoffed.

Jongin wanted to push her off the swing but that would be rude.

Biting his words back he forced a smile. "See? Exactly what I mean. You're not giving me a chance here. My name is Jongin. Not Kai. Anyone else can call me Kai but you..." he leaned closer and looked at her while reaching over for her hand. "You call me Jongin." he told her with a serious look on his face.

"I'd rather swallow my tongue, Jongin." she smiled in a mocked cheery tone. He laughed and shrugged.

"No, seriously. Let's get to know each other. I want to know who you are beyond being 'barista-girl' and a café employee and the unfortunate roommate of Zhang Yixing."

Being Yixing's roommate wasn't that unfortunate. Sure he'd get the urge to strum his guitar loud enough to wake her and not the neighbour's at 2AM in the morning. Okay, yes, there was that one time he stood over her bed waiting till she woke up so he could ask her to help him with the laundry and cleaning the apartment. On her part, she screamed so loud the neighbours thought there was a murder next door.

"Okay. Fine. You win, I'll yield this time...what do you want to know?" She reluctantly pouted. Jongin wanted to gangnam style in happiness but that would be slightly embarrassing so never mind.

"Okay, princess. How about your family?" he asked.

"I'm an only child. I moved out of my parents house last year because I wanted to be independent and not rely on them for everything. I also have a dog named Fenris who I unfortunately couldn't take with me due to our apartments not allowing pets." she casually explained. She didn't see how this would lead them to anywhere but if it tickles his fancy, then alright.

"Okay, my turn. I've got two sisters, live with both my parents and I have a dog named Meonggu too. I have more dogs though but moving along. We have something in common, we're both dog people!" he clapped.

Was this guy being serious?

"Oh, goodie." she boredly replied.

Jongin pouted. "Such a sour woman. Okay, uh...play any sports?"

"I can barely do a cartwheel or a handstand without the help of a wall." she said, she wasn't exactly on the athletic side. "What about you?"

Seeing that smug expression on his face, she felt like the answer was already a given.

"Princess, I'm a dancer. What do you think? Jongin couldn't help the confident tone that had slipped into his voice at the moment.

Dohyun was taken aback. She stared at him in shock for a few seconds as her eyes scanned him from head to toe. "You know I got a hint when I found out you and Lay go to the same dance studio but hearing it from you is a different story."

"If you behave and listen to oppa, maybe I'll show you," he cooed and tapped her nose. "Have you ever wanted another sibling?" he randomly asked.

"Yeah. An older brother but my mom just kept laughing at me when I was younger and asked for one.." she felt embaressed that she admitted this to him but that was replaced by the scowl Jongin was used to seeing after she saw what his reaction was. "Kinda like how you're laughing now."

"Sorry, but imagining a mini you innocently asking your mom for an older brother is hilarious." he laughed and patted her head in reassurance. "How did you learn about the birds and the bees?"

"Where does this fit in?" she asked, confused.

"Just answer it."

"My dad made me watch a birth documentary although I kinda already knew where they came from. That's an unforgettable two hours of my life..." she shuddered. "what about you?"

Jongin was having such a hard time containing his laughter but for her sake, just for now, he'd suppress it. "School, duh. I didn't have to go through that awkwardness. Favourite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter