The Night Owl Café 7

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The Night Owl Café~

 

It was another morning at the café and Miss Lee had decided to come and visit.

“Hi ya’ll!” She grinned with a heavily western accented tone.

“Hi Miss Lee!” Minseok, Myungsoo and Dohyun smiled.

“And thus, the dragon has entered the lair. Oh woe is me.” Kibum dryly remarked and harshly pounded the dough he was busy with.

“Your enthusiasm is amazing, Key.” Miss Lee said with a roll of her eyes.

“I know right.”

Yixing was sitting in the back, looking less than happy and sipping bitterly on his Morning Americano. He had to go to the dance studio in half an hour but decided to sit in the café for a bit and was researching something on his phone.

Myungsoo walked to the counter from serving him and started placing the next order on his tray. “Dohyun, why is your roommate watching a Youtube video of people breaking a Samsung in different ways?” he asked.

Just then Jongin walked through the door with his signature smirk on his face and Kibum hissed like a cat while Minseok enthusiastically waved.   

She scoffed and pointed towards Jongin. “Because of him.”

“Don’t look at me I just got here.” Jongin stated while lifting his hands up in surrender. “Hey, babe.”, he winked in her direction.

“Smooth operator.” Miss Lee sang with an impressed look on her face.

“Miss Lee! Don’t encourage him, I’m telling you guys he’s up to no good. He’ll destroy our Dohyun like the wolf he is!” Kibum whined all the while sending Jongin skeptical looks who rolled his eyes in response. “Oooh, he wants to get personal! L, hold my earrings!” he exclaimed and while trying to take his earrings out, Myungsoo simply walked away with a non-caring expression on his face which changed to a smile when a female customer walked through the doors.

“How may I help you, miss?” he asked in a soft tone and ushered her to an available seat.

“…Tch. Fine!” Kibum pouted and walked to the back to make more cakes.

“Oh, and who is this handsome young man? Manners, Dohyun introduce me to your boyfriend.” Miss Lee smiled and happily patted the boy’s cheek who looked a bit baffled at the small old woman.

Kibum’s head peeped out the kitchen doorway with a scoff. “He is NOT her boyfriend, Miss Lee.”

Jongin chuckled at Kibum and winked playfully at Dohyun. “Yet.” He grinned.

“Well, I think you two would look lovely together.” She smiled at Jongin who beamed back at her while sending a smug look in Dohyun’s direction.

“Miss Lee, you clearly don’t have your glasses on.” Dohyun sarcastically replied. Jongin slipped an arm around her shoulder and brought her frame close to him.

“What do you mean, sweetheart? We look great together!” He teased and laughed at the visible pink hue spread across her cheeks.

“Are you being serious? She looks like a trash can standing next to a runaway Hollywood Broadway model.” Minseok commented and earned a piercing glare from Dohyun and he decided to just go back to making Mocha.

“Can I help you, young man?” Miss Lee kindly asked.

“Oh, yes. You see, this lovely lady over here…” he said gesturing towards the girl in his arms. “I’d like to spend some time with her but as you can see she’s pushing me away.” He pouted.

Miss Lee laughed and waved at an elderly couple nearby and turned back to face them. “Well, she’s working right now, cupcake.”

“HA! IN YOUR FACE!” Kibum yelled from the kitchen.

Jongin bit his tongue a bit, great, now he wouldn’t get to amuse himself.

“Why don’t you stay here and help out instead?” Miss Lee suggested causing Dohyun’s eyes to enlarge.

“NO!” She and Kibum protested.

“Me? Work here?” He unsurely asked and took in the different reactions of the people around him.

“Can she do that” Myungsoo asked Minseok.

“Well, she’s the boss…Oh! Oh! Miss Lee! I could use some company! Send him here!” Minseok jumped up and grinned, displaying his pearly whites.

“You can work with Kibum over there; the boy needs all the help he can get.”

“Miss Lee, do you secretly hate me or something? You can’t put a mouse in a tiger’s cage.’ Kibum complained, looking at Jongin like he bathed in trash.

“Luckily for you, this tiger doesn’t eat mice.” Jongin retorted and enjoyed seeing the way Kibum was taking in slow breaths to calm him.

“Look at them already. Feel free to stay, dear. I have some errands to run.” Miss Lee said as she walked to the doors and got her car keys out. “Oh…and boys…” she turned around and looked at Kibum and Myungsoo. “Behave.”

~The Night Owl Café~

“You’re as useful in this kitchen as my dog is at knitting.” Kibum grumbled as he aggressively mixed orange cake batter with his back facing Jongin who was eating the ingredients after throwing out his failed attempt at making butter biscuits.

“Dogs can’t exactly knit, genius.” Jongin rolled his eyes. What was with this guy, what had he ever done to him?

“Exactly. You can’t exactly be useful in my kitchen!”

“Wow, looks like you share something in common with your dog, you can’t knit either!”

“What do you know, who are you to make such statements about me? Can you do Zelo’s B.A.P Warrior rap?”

“What!? NO! I value my tongue too much! Can you do it?!”

“NO!”

Kibum growled as Jongin gritted his teeth. Why did Miss Lee even suggest such a thing in the first place? Kibum couldn’t find it in him to let his guard down around Jongin. If only Minseok and Dohyun could see his point of view. The boy was almost as bad as her when it came to baking. At least he can crack eggs. Dohyun’s another story.

“What were you even doing in your Consumer or Home Economics class when you guys were cooking or baking!?” Kibum screamed loudly, the others outside could probably hear them.

“How should I know? I was more interested in what would happen if a giant pancake fell on the school.”

Kibum took a handful of flour into his hand. “If you don’t get out of this kitchen RIGHT NOW, so help me I will make you cosplay as Casper the Friendly Ghost.”

Jongin held back his laughter at Kibum’s ‘threat’ but then he started shaking his fist as bits of flour fell to the floor. “Five seconds, better hurry up before you end up coated in this, Kaisper.”

~The Night Owl Café~

Minseok blinked owlishly at the boy next to him who was sporting a white hand print on his shirt. Dohyun and Myungsoo chose to remain silent as they stared at the hand print the disgruntled boy was trying to wipe off.

Minseok finally broke the silence. “You’ve got a um…yeah..” he gestured towards the flour print mark.

“What happened?” Dohyun asked.

“I was a second late…” he grumbled.

“And now you’re here because…?” Myungsoo trailed off, clearly not wanting Jongin near the counter or even near the front.

“I was kicked out, duh.” It’s like working with Gordon Ramsey in that kitchen!” he complained. Right as he said that, Kibum came storming out the kitchen with orange cakes and practically shoved them on Dohyun and Myungsoo’s trays.

“Oh, yeah? You three haven’t seen his ‘biscuits’ yet.” Kibum made quotes with his fingers. “Those so called biscuits could serve as potential murder weapons!”

Minseok snickered behind his hand. “Oh, and Dohyun’s cake isn’t?” She was capable of leaving bits of egg shells in her cake so there was something to be concerned about.

“Don’t even go there.” Kibum shuddered. “It’s so hard I think my aunt could scrape the dead skin off her feet with it.”

“Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter