Final

Flower detectives

Gami’s POV

I stepped out of the cubicle and walked towards the sink. I looked into my reflection on the clear mirror. The unflattering hairstyle is now replaced with my brown shoulder-length hair down, falling naturally into places. I kept my lime green headband still though, but it no longer serves the purpose of pinning my fringe down. I have thrown away my nerdy glasses too. I brushed my fingers through my hair lightly, making sure that it is neat, before moving out of the washroom.

“Where do you think you are going?” The familiar high-pitched voice asked. Min and Jia strolled into the washroom in their ‘queenka’ style. Min unfolded her arms and placed them on her hips. This scene is getting a little too familiar…

Min waved her hand back and forth subtly, a signal I caught that was meant for Jia. Jia saw the gesture and swiftly pushed the door of a cubicle open. I think I know what is going to happen. I am going to get drenched with green tea. Great, they have to do this when I just started to look at them differently. 

Just like I expected, Jia pulled out a big pail. I quickly went over and pressed the pail down when Jia was about to lift it up. Jia looked at me with a confused expression. I looked down into the pail.

Yes, it was green tea indeed, but bottles of green tea instead of just the liquid that can be poured all over me. I stared at the two of them, with one of my brows arched.

Min rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. “Erm, happy birthday Gami!” Min suddenly exclaimed, raising her hand up excitedly. Jia clapped her hands together and smiled at me sweetly. I blinked in confusion.

“We didn’t know what to get for you, we only know that you like green tea, so…” Min explained with an awkward and embarrassed smile. “We didn’t know how to wrap all these bottles, so we thought putting them in a pail is easier to carry around…” Jia explained further, her cheeks turning into a light shade of pink.

I stifled a laugh. Min and Jia, the queenkas of Seoul High, giving me a pail of green tea for my birthday. This is going to be some epic news! A chuckle escaped my lips as I tried to imagine the reactions of the students if they know about it.

Min and Jia looked at me anticipatingly. “Gomawo. Jeongmal Gomawo.” I managed to stop my chuckle and thanked them. This has got to be one of the most memorable birthday presents I have ever gotten. Other than the fact that it is weird considering that it came in a pail, it’s also because it came from two girls who I was previously on bad terms with.

 

“Minho, we have came to visit you.” I informed with a smile. I sat down right next to the hospital bed that lies Minho’s unconscious body. Minho had slipped into a coma after Baro’s incident. It has been three months, but he still showed no signs of waking up.

Shinwoo placed his hands over my shoulders, comforting me with his touch. I smiled, as a form of thank. “Yah, Lee Minho, don’t think that you can escape giving birthday present to Gami just because you are unconscious.” Shinwoo joked. I looked over at Minho. I would love to receive a birthday present from him.

“Shinwoo is right! I demand my present now!” I joined in the joke and stretched my hands out, palms open. A palm fell onto my hands. “Shinwoo’s hands as a present. Not bad.” I chuckled a little at Shinwoo’s humour. It didn't look like his, but judging from the situation, that is the only possibility. I turned around, wanting to ‘return’ him his hands. But he raised his hands and positioned them right in front of his body. Both of them.

The palm started twitching. It’s movement got bigger and bigger as time goes by. Minho’s body fidgeted a little. His eyes darted around with his eyelids still closed. “I will get the doctor.” Shinwoo said and ran out of the ward hastily. I held Minho’s cold hands and gave it a squeeze. Finally, his eyes peeled open.

His eyes rolled as he surveyed the surrounding. Finally, his eyes laid on me. I smiled as a tear of relieve fell. “Minho, you are awake!” I exclaimed. But his confused and rather blank expression did not correspond with my joyed expression.

“Who are you?” He asked as he scratched the back of his head with his free hand. I gulped.

“Doctor, he had just woke up.” I heard Shinwoo’s voice and stood up, not wanting to be in the way of the doctor. The doctor went up to Minho and did some simple checks.

“Please wait outside.” The nurse said politely as she gestured us out of the room.

Why can’t Minho remember me? The different possibilities flashed through my mind as the doctor attended to Minho. I came to one conclusion.

“I am afraid Mr Lee is suffering from amnesia.” The doctor informed. It was just like what I concluded. “Kamsahamnida.” I bowed and the doctor left.

“The doctor said that I am suffering from amnesia. Do I know the two of you?” Minho asked curiously the moment we came up to him. I gave a friendly and approaching smile, because I know that my neutral face tends to scare people away. “Neh… My name is Gami, and this is my boyfriend, Shinwoo.” I introduced. Shinwoo gave a little nod for acknowledgement. “We are your friends.” I smiled wider.

“Do I have any other friends? And what’s my name?” Minho began bombarding me with questions. “Your name is Lee Minho, and yes, you have other friends. Oh, give me a second, I shall inform them.” I left the ward to give the others a little message.

 

Narrator’s POV

“Do you really not remember anything?” Shinwoo asked suspiciously. Minho shook his head innocently.

“I know you are lying.” Shinwoo stated sternly. Minho gave a little sigh before breaking into a small smile.

“Don’t you think that things will be better this way?” Minho asked, looking intently at the flowers Gami bought for him. “We can be friends, just pure friends, with no past attachments. It’s better for all three of us.” Minho shifted his eyes to Shinwoo. Shinwoo smirked a little before nodding in agreement with an understanding smile.

“I know what to do. I won’t tell Gami.” Shinwoo promised. “Treat her well, or –“ “Or else I will die. Why can’t you believe me still?” Shinwoo didn’t let Minho finish his sentence and completed it for him.

“I trust you. I just need some reassurance.” There was a slight pause before both guys broke into laughter.

“What’s so funny?” Gami asked when she saw Minho and Shinwoo laughing together. It definitely is not a scene that she was expecting to see when she went into the ward after informing the others. “Nothing.” The guys replied in unison. They looked at each other, before breaking into fits of laughter again. Gami tilted her head to one side as she observed the two guys laughing their hearts out. Her head was filled with thousands of question marks, but she didn't bother about them. She liked the scene in front of her, and that's all she cares.

---------------------

 

A/N: So here is the end of the of the story I have worked for over 2 months. *sobs* :'(

I had initially planned for this story to take only 30 chapters, I didn't expect it to drag on till 41 chapters! But still...

A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBED AND ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO COMMENTED!! And you too, silent readers (if there is any)! 

But there are two people whom I would like to thank specifically! 
I would like to thank kekeIfarted for being the first subscriber that stayed throughout the whole story and commenting quite frequently!
And DanggeunMarshmallow for always commenting, giving me strength! 

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! <3

I am really happy that there are actually 21 people who bothered to subscribe my fic! I was only expecting, say, 10+ subscribers when I first started out! I am so touched! *grabs tissue*

So, yup, that's the end of my thank-you speech. Annyeong~ ^_^ 

Nah, I am just kidding. Please go on to the next 'chapter'! I want your opinion on something~ ^_^