Baro

Flower detectives

 

Narrator’s POV

 “Jinyoung, where is Shinwoo?” Gami asked, looking at Jinyoung intently. Jinyoung froze.

“I will answer your question later, Gami. Gongchan, take care of Gami, and leave in the cab if it comes before I am back.” Jinyoung quickly regained himself and instructed before turning to head back into the factory.

“Wait, where are you going?” Gami grabbed Jinyoung’s arm and asked. “Help Shinwoo.” He replied simply. He knew that Gami wouldn’t probe further if he gives that answer.

Gami let go of Jinyoung’s arm. Jinyoung his heels and headed into the factory without hesitation, only to be stopped by a figure falling to the ground right in front of him.

A loud thud echoed through the silent factory.

Gami’s eyes widened in shock. There would be the element of fear in her emotions right then if she did not manage to catch a glimpse of the hair colour of the figure that fell.

Blonde.

 

Baro charged towards Shinwoo, head-first. He wrapped his arms around Shinwoo’s waist and pushed Shinwoo all the way to the windows using his entire weight. Baro swiftly opened the window while Shinwoo is still in the state shock from Baro’s unexpected move.

Shinwoo didn’t expect the ruthless criminal Baro is to make such a move. But then again, Shinwoo can’t blame Baro for using this not-so-glamorous attack. Shinwoo has inflicted many bruises on Baro, while Shinwoo was almost as good as new. It was a rather clear bet on who would emerge as the winner.

Shinwoo could feel half of his upper body hanging out of the window. Baro shifted his hands to Shinwoo’s throat as he pushed the older boy down with all his might. Shinwoo resisted with all the strength he could garner, while holding on to the window panel for dear life.  

“Jinyoung, where is Shinwoo?” He heard the voice he loved ask from below. Her voice gave him strength and made him even more determined to not be the next victim under Baro’s hands. Shinwoo grabbed Baro’s hands with both hands, and with a strong and quick push, freed himself from Baro’s grip and landed to the side.

Baro, however, shocked from Shinwoo’s move, lost his balance due to the absence of Shinwoo to resist his pushing force.

And fell from the window.

 

The shock-stricken Jinyoung tilted his head down robotically. “Baro…” Jinyoung gulped and took a few steps back. There is a big wound on Baro’s right knee, revealing part of his flesh. Baro lied on the floor lifelessly, with small amount of blood escaping from the corner of his lips. And despite all these, Baro still found the strength to glare at Jinyoung with the same murderous look he carried throughout the day.

Shinwoo stuck his head out from the window on the third storey and saw the situation downstairs. Gami saw Shinwoo, and she can’t help but feel a little glad that it was Baro who fell, not the one she loved. Shinwoo quickly ran down.

Gongchan went up to Baro. He wanted to punch him so badly for stabbing Suzy, he wanted to do something bad to Baro for hurting the ones he cared for. But he softened when he saw the state at which Baro is in. Baro couldn’t even move an inch. His chest moved up and down in an unsteady but deep breathing. No colours were visible from Baro’s face, unless you count the red on the corner of his lips.

 “Jinyoung, the cab is here.” Gami informed softly.

Jinyoung’s eyes never left the injured Baro all this while. In a second, determination flashed through his fox-liked eyes.

“Baro is coming with us.” Jinyoung stated firmly as he lifted Baro up with much difficulty, due to Baro’s non-stop wriggling of protest. It was funny though, seeing how Baro was the only one protesting. “Stop being so stubborn.” Jinyoung said as he started to make his way towards the cab, dragging Baro along.

Gongchan let out a rare deep sigh before rushing towards Jinyoung and Baro. He flung Baro’s free hand over his shoulders.

Baro stared at Gongchan, wide-eyed. “C-Chan… Why?” Baro asked the younger boy, unable to comprehend why would Gongchan want to help someone that wanted to take away his life, as well as the ones he cared for.  Gongchan remained silent, mentally scolding himself for being so soft-hearted.

Gami looked at the trio as she thought that she saw something in Baro.

The softened look in Baro’s eyes.

 

A/N: I wanted to include a fighting scene, but gave up after some fail attempts. 

Sorry for the short and lousy update. Mian. *bows*