Time to fulfill the promise

Flower detectives

 

Jinyoung’s POV

As much as I am afraid now, his words struck deeply into my heart. My heart ached at the psychological torture he had to go through as I imagined myself in his shoes. He is right. It is our fault. That event could have ended in a much better way should we have handled it properly. It is indirectly our fault, for his father’s death, the devil standing right in front of me now, as well as the death of Fei and Gami’s parents.

“And now, it’s time that I fulfill my promise.” He said darkly, his already-deep voice just went deeper.

He released me and took a few steps back. He glanced over at Fei, then at me. My breathing hastened. I ran to Fei at full speed, protectively standing in front of her as Baro charged towards the both of us. It all happened in a flash, it all happened too fast for me to react.

The next thing I know, I ended up on the ground as Baro forcefully smashed Fei’s head to the wall. She slid down the wall unconsciously as Baro released his grip on her, a considerable, but not life-threatening amount of her blood tracing the wall.

He turned around, a murderous aura surrounding him and his eyes shining with something.

A thirst for blood.

He fished out his phone, as well as a medium-sized knife from his back pocket. I stared in horror as he flashed the knife.

“That’s right Jung Jinyoung, be scared. Come on, a scream would be good!” He let out a sick chuckle into his phone, clearly enjoying the frightened look on my face.  

 

He charged towards me with the knife as I dodged under and quickly scrambled to the other side of the room. 

But I wasn’t quick enough to avoid the knife, resulting in an addition to the collection of small slashes on my two arms. Negligible quantities of blood were gushing out of the various wounds steadily. I have already lost count of the number of times we are doing this, but he didn’t seemed to get tired of it.

In fact, I think he is enjoying it. 

My playful and cheeky dongsaeng no more; He looked more like a psychotic criminal now.

Psychotic criminals usually come in two kinds, for me that is. Those that torture their victims physically, and those that torture their victims both physically and psychologically. I believe that Baro belongs to the second kind, seeing how much he enjoyed this pointless chase.

And if I am not wrong, this is only the beginning.

“Come on Jinyoung, you looked more tired than afraid! This is not the expression I am looking for…” He whined like a director filming. The you-charge-towards-me-and-I-dodge cycle has been repeating for the past fifteen minutes, and I could feel my energy draining away from my not-so-athletic body.

He let out a sick smirk. “Maybe this will do.” 

He charged towards me at full force. I tried to dodge like usual but instead of a small slash, he decided to speed things up with a big slash on my back before allowing me to scramble away. “Urgh!” I groaned as I arched my back from the pain.

“What exactly do you want?!” I growled, finally voicing out the question that I have kept for the past fifteen minutes.

He smirked as he studied the traces of my blood on the knife.

“Say goodbye to your son, Jung Junhwa.”

I finally got what he is trying to do. He has been filming down the whole process, and the video is meant for appa. He is taking revenge but inflicting the same pain he went through because of us on appa. The pain of witnessing the death of his closest relative.

Me.

I made one last attempt to reach for the door as he started charging almost the same time as I do. It was obvious who would win in this competition of speed, but I had to make this desperate move. I had to do something.

Just as the knife was about to pierce through my chest, I was pushed to the ground by a strong force.

“AH!”

I turned around and saw that the person who pushed me away earned himself a stab in the shoulders. Baro released his grip from the knife and staggered backwards, his eyes widened as his murderous expression was exchanged with something else. 

Shock. 

The person’s hair was in a mess, his bangs covering his eyes from my sight. I picked myself up from the ground and went to him, breaking his fall as he fell to the ground. I slowly swept his bangs away from his eyes.
 

What. The. Hell?!

 

A/N: I am wondering if I have chosen the wrong person to be the mastermind. It was really hard to imagine Baro doing all these. I tried, but somehow the image of Baro in my mind would change to Infinite's L in his japanese drama, Jiu. 

Must be the blonde hair. *sigh*

 

Anyway, listen to this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VXJdn5CIEas 
Sandeul never fails to amaze me with his fantastic singing!! *fangirl mode on*