Let the game begin

Flower detectives

Jinyoung’s POV

The dawn arrived and I was glad to find Sandeul and Baro still in the dorm. The cheerful and noisy atmosphere in the dorm is replaced by a solemn one for the very first time as we took our breakfast. The usually noisy and playful BaDuel couple sitting right in front of me remained quiet for the entire time. None of us spoke a word.


“Hyung, you will be alone in class…” Sandeul broke the silence for the first time of the day as we walked down the school’s hallway. “Hyung, will you be safe?” Baro asked with a heavy expression. “I am quite sure that I will be safe.” I replied confidently. It is obvious what the person is trying to do. To capture them away one by one, leaving me alone to handle the emotional distress. So it’s either I will be the last one to get caught, or I won’t even get captured at all.

They looked at me doubtfully. “Yah, I am serious. Go to your class now.” I said before taking a different turn from them.

 

Sandeul’s POV

“Pali, let’s go to the meeting place now.” Baro rushed me as he packed his bag at lightning speed after the school bell rang. I nodded and swiftly packed my bag as well. Both of us didn’t want to leave Jinyoung hyung alone for too long. That’s too dangerous.

“Kaja.” We picked up our bags and left the classroom as soon as we finished packing.

We walked to the old school building at a fast pace while keeping a look out for our surrounding.

My eyes suddenly landed on the shadow of the girl that passed by. I couldn’t see her face clearly, but I saw her lime green headband very clearly.

“Sandeul! Where are you going?!” Baro shouted as I suddenly ran away from him and gave chase to the shadow of the girl. "Aish!" He shouted in frustration before following me.

I saw her shadows turnng to the right and I followed suit closely, all the way into a hallway of the new school building before losing her. I scanned the foreign hallway. I didn't know that this place exists. “Sandeul! What are you doing?!” Baro scolded as soon as I stopped running. “Baro-ah, did you see the girl wearing lime green headband? Nobody in the school wears that except for Gami!” I explained. His hamster-like eyes widened in surprise. “Jinja?! Where is she?” He asked and looked around. “I lost her here…” I replied disappointedly. “Hey, maybe she is just hiding. Let’s look around.” Baro suggested. I nodded. “ I will look over there, and you will look over here.” I pointed and was about to run to the room I pointed to when Baro grabbed my arm and stopped me. “No, we will look together. It’s too dangerous to go alone.” He reminded. I nodded.

Slowly and cautiously, Baro pushed the old door. It creaked as he continued to push it open. It looks like an abandoned music room. Music stands were all over the place with sheets of music scores scattered everywhere. I took a few steps into the room and observed the room. After fiddling with some stuff, we concluded that there is nothing in the room and we decided to leave the room. “Kaja.” Baro said and stepped out of the room. I was going to follow suit, until my eyes landed on a lime green headband lying on the ground. I squatted down and picked it up.

Suddenly, the door slammed shut and revealed a dark figure hiding behind the door. I froze a little and he took this chance to dash towards me. “SANDEUL!” Baro shouted when the door shut on him. It jolted me back to my senses, but it wasn't fast enough to stop the mysterious figure from pressing a piece of cloth which stinks of chemical against my face. I screamed through the cloth as I could hear Baro shouting and banging on the door which refused to open. I tried not to breathe too much through the cloth but there is only so much that I can do.

“Sandeul! Sandeul! Open, you freaking door!” Baro’s shouts started to sound weaker and before I know it, I lost all my senses.

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I fidget around in my seat nervously I looked at the time shown on the clock hanging on the wall of the old room. It has already been half an hour after school ended. It took me only ten minutes to reach here so why are they taking so long? I stood up and started pacing around the room worriedly. I dialed Sandeul’s number again, hoping that they will pick up this time. Suddenly, Baro dashed into the room, panting. He had this expression that got my even more worried.

“Hyung…” He gulped. “Sandeul…. Mianhei….” He said as tears started forming in his eyes. It's my first time seeing him like this. I would really want to scold him or something, but I softened immediately when I saw his tears.

*I pray no tears in your dreams~
I know you will fly high in your life~*

The call came.

“Only one left now, Jung Jinyoung.” The robotic voice reminded as the video showed an unconscious Sandeul. "Who are you?" I realised that I didn't ask this question all along, although of course he won't tell me who he is. I could hear him smirk from the other end of the call. “Jeongui." He paused for a moment. "And tell that blonde guy to be careful.” He laughed evilly before ending the call.

 “Baro, you heard him. Promise me that you will be careful.” He gave a reassuring nod. “I promise.” 

We sat on the round table in the old room. None of us spoke a word.

Who could it be?I started trying to figure out who this guy might be. Maybe a hater? Nah, this is too extreme for a hater. Maybe one of those criminals or someone close to those criminals who I caught together with Appa? But there are so many of them, exactly which one is the one? I sighed. Or, is it... Someone in the groupI raised my sunken head and looked over at Baro, who seemed to be deep in his thoughts. No, it can’t be. Baro don’t have any reason to do so. I gulped. But then again, people always say that the most unsuspecting ones are more often than not, the most dangerous ones. I resumed staring at the woody table. I will just be on my guard on him, it won’t hurt, ya? I convinced myself. I know it’s quite b*stard of me to do so now but…. I guess all the kidnappings got my brain fried.

“Baro…” I called out softly. “It’s late. Let’s go home.” I said as I slowly picked my bag up. He nodded and picked his bag up too. It’s already 7 in the night and the sun has set. We both dragged our feet to the door.

I was about to reach for the doorknob when suddenly, the lights in the room went out. Flustered, I ran out of the room at full speed without thinking. I held onto the railings of the staircase for support as I gasped for air.

“HYUNG!” Baro shouted from the room. “SH*T!” I cursed and ran back to the room after realizing that I ran off without Baro. I tried to twist the doorknob but it refuses to turn. I started banging the door really hard but again, it refused to budge. “BARO!” I shouted, hoping for a response. But no, there is no response. I gave another bang on the door with both fists and the door suddenly swing inwards, revealing an empty room. Baro is gone.

I stepped into the room and began ransacking the room. I searched everywhere that is big enough to hide a person, but Baro is nowhere to be found.

I ruffled my hair in frustration. Jung Jinyoung! You are a big idiot! IDIOT! How could you suspect Baro when he is the only one left with you? "It’s your fault that Baro got caught!" I reprimanded myself out loud as I punched the wall repeatedly.

The call came.

“Now that all of them are with me, let the real game begin.” His laughter echoed from the phone. Real game? He mean there is more to come?! 

 

A/N:

I apologise for the lousy quality of updates recently...
I am kind of blocked and not in the mood... Sorry... :(