(Hyung!) Save me!

Flower detectives

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I sat alone in the meeting place. It was so quiet that I am feeling uncomfortable of the silence. I suddenly missed how noisy this place usually is, when Baro, Sandeul and Gongchan would play around like little kids, Gami would quarrel with me and Shinwoo would side with her. Now it’s gone. Because of me.

I forcefully banged my head onto the table as a single tear escaped from my eyes.

*I pray no tears in your dreams~
I know you will fly high in your life~*

I immediate shot up from my seat and answered the call. My eyes widened in horror when I saw what is presented to me in the phone’s screen.

Sandeul and Gongchan were hanging outside a tall building, with a rope each to hold them and prevent them from falling.

 “DON’T YOU DARE TO DO ANYTHING TO THEM!” I shouted into the phone before he even said anything. “Relax, Jung Jinyoung. See this?” The scene in the phone screen switched to the rooftop. The ropes that held onto Sandeul and Gongchan were each tied to a pole secured into the ground.

“Each of the ropes has five knots that secure it onto the pole. For every 3 minutes that pass, I will untie one knot from one rope. After 15 minutes, when all five knots were released…” He paused and gave an evil laugh. “You know what will happen, don’t you? The time starts, now.” A timer appeared on the screen. It writes ’29:59’. I immediately started running without a plan in my mind. Aish, I will just search the rooftops one by one.

I ran along one side of the new school building, looking up to look for Gongchan and Sandeul, but all I saw was…

“WHAT THE…!” I nearly cursed as water bombs started hitting me from above. Four guys dressed in our school uniform stood in a line at the third storey and threw water bombs one after another at me. The four of them are the ex-kingkas, before Gongchan, Sandeul, Baro, Shinwoo and I came into the picture. They hated us because they think that we took their positions away from them, which is true. But they should totally blame themselves for not being as good-looking as us.

How the hell did he manage to employ the help of these people?! I asked myself as I shielded my face from an incoming water bomb with my arm.

I looked at the timer on my phone screen while shielding it from the water bombs using my body. Damn it, these guys wasted 2 minutes of my time already! I quickly ran across the stretch, without even bothering to avoid the water bombs. I reached the staircase and once again checked for the time.

“Three minutes have passed.” He reminded as he skillfully untied the knot furthest away from the rope. “D*mn it!” I cursed and quickly ran up the stairs. Finally, I reached the top storey. Without even resting to catch my breath, I reached for the doorknob that allows me access to the rooftop. Just when my hand came into contact with the doorknob, a surge of electricity flowed through my body, causing me to release my grip from the doorknob and jerk back, hitting the stair railing.

“Ugh…” I groaned as I rubbed my back that hit onto the stair railing. A plan suddenly came into my mind. I took in one deep breath before reaching for the doorknob and twisting it in one swift movement. The door opened and I finally got onto the rooftop. I began my search, making sure that I did not leave out a single corner.

“Another three minutes.” He reminded again and another knot was released. I gave a sigh and quickly ran to the next segment of the building once I confirmed that they are not here. (a/n: The building has different segments, like north-south-east-west wing)

“STOP IT!” I yelled as paint balls of all sorts of colours started hitting on my skinny body. Min and Jia giggled, clearly enjoying this scene very much. They continued to chase after me and throw paint balls at me as I ran up the stairs leading to another side of the rooftop that requires a different door to access. I looked at the timer on my phone screen.

“Third one already, Jinyoung.” He untied the third knot. I reached my hand for the doorknob but pulled back after remembering the electricity prank that happened just now. Again, I tried to use the same trick that worked. I took in a deep breath, reached for the doorknob and tried to open it in one swift movement. It wasn’t electricity shock this time.

 I twisted the doorknob harder, but it simply refuses to turn. “The key is with me~” Min sang as she played with the key. “Give it to me.” I demanded in a threatening voice. It didn’t work. “No.” She stuck her tongue out and began running down the stairs. I chased her down the stairs and around the building until she herself ran into a dead end. “Just one more to go~” The robotic voice sang as he untied the fourth knot.

“Give me the keys, NOW!” I flared up. It got her scared this time as she handed the keys over, shaking. I quickly grabbed the keys and ran back up the stairs. She followed too for I-don’t-know-what-and-I-don’t-care reason. I successfully got onto the rooftop and began my search. Min seemed to have noticed something and helped in the search.

“Say goodbye to your friend, Jung Jinyoung.” My eyes widened in horror as I checked the timer. “NO!” I shouted. He laughed evilly before releasing the last and final knot on the rope that is holding Sandeul.

“AHHHH!!” Sandeul yelled he falls down the building. “HYUNG!” Gongchan shouted. “SANDEUL HYUNG!” Gongchan cried. A loud thud echoed through the phone. “Sandeul…” I mumbled as tears started rolling down my cheeks. I heard a gasp behind me and turned around. It was Min. She was covering , with tears in her eyes.

“I-I… I didn’t know! I am sorry, really sorry!” She apologized as tears rolled down her cheeks. “The best way for you to apologise is to help me. We still have Gongchan to save.” She nodded. I pulled myself up and wiped away the tears that escaped.

 

We searched for every single rooftop that we can find in the school, but Gongchan seemed to be in none of them. “Where could he be? We searched every single rooftop!” Min stomped her feet and ruffled her hair in frustration. There is only one last knot supporting Gongchan now. I closed my eyes and looked up in despair. A surprising scene greeted me as I opened my eyes. “Gongchan…” I said as I pointed above me. Gongchan is hanging just above me.

“HYUNG! SAVE ME!” Gongchan shouted as soon as he spotted me below. He started fidgeting vigorously. “I know where it is! Follow me!” Min quickly ran and I followed. She took me back a familiar stairs. “Yah, this is the first rooftop that I searched.” I pointed out as she reached for the doorknob. “I bet you didn’t know about the secret corner—AH!” She screamed as she touched the doorknob. “Let me.” I pushed her aside and used the same trick I used before. She quickly ran in front of me and brought me to a door which I didn’t notice before. She twisted the doorknob and our eyes widened in horror.

“Just as well.” The masked guy in black hoodie said in his real voice and released the last knot. “AHHH!!!” Gongchan’s scream was clear and loud. “See you soon, Jinyoung.” He quickly ran past the frozen us and made his escape smoothly. “GONGCHAN!”  I shouted when I finally got my sense back. I ran to the railing of the rooftop and looked down. Gongchan’s body is nowhere to be found. Neither is Sandeul’s.

My head started to spin badly and my vision started to blur. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

SORRY DUELLIE AND CHANNIE!!! I didn't want to do this... *sobs*

 

Comments replies~

@TheCuteArticFox : It's okay~ Hehe, if you are really going to do so, please tell me! I want to read~ ^_^

@DanggeunMarshmallow : O.O! THANK YOU x1000000! ^_^