Realization (Part I)

Flower detectives

Recap:

I went back to my frantic-mode after seeing that the water level already past his nose. 

 

I stopped in my track. Something familiar came into sight. I looked down at my phone screen. THE SIGNBOARD! I could see the exact signboard in the video quite a fair distance away from me.

“Finally!” I cheered as I dashed towards the signboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jinyoung’s POV

It was too early to be happy.

I reached the exact same place where the barrel is supposed to be, but the barrel is nowhere to be found. The barrel, together with Gami and Shinwoo, disappeared before I could reach.

I looked at my phone screen. I could see myself in it. I looked around, and found the phone without much effort. There is an incoming video call. I ended the video call with my phone and answered the incoming call. The video call showed Fei lying on the dirty concrete floor, unconscious. “Second level, first room.” The robotic voice simply said.

Without hesitation, I immediately dashed for the second level of the building, running as fast as my legs could take me. “Fei!” I shouted as the door flew open. I frowned.

“Where is Fei?!” I asked harshly through the phone. I took the phone along with me, just in case. He didn’t reply. He just laughed. His response got me even more furious than I already am. “Relax, Jung Jinyoung. See the laptop in front of you?” It didn’t take long for my eyes to meet the laptop sitting in against the wall.

“There is something interesting in there, that I think Gami, Gongchan and Fei didn’t tell you.” I am more interested in saving Fei, but I don’t think I have any other choices.

Being the paranoid detective I am,  I reached over to the laptop by taking small and cautious steps, and slowly lifted the cover. I am in a web page.

http://wwww.findjustice.com/ (a/n: refer back to chapter 18 if you want to (: )

I raised an eyebrow. What a weird website…

I explored around the site. It was…

I don’t know what to say…

I didn’t expect a website like this to exist. 
I didn’t expect Jeongui to create this website and actually teach people how to seek revenge for the grievance they suffered.
I didn’t expect that the past few cases I handled with Gami, including Lee Minho’s, are all linked to him.

The worst that I didn’t expect is that Fei actually asked for his help. The creeper case staged by Fei was also part of Jeongui’s work. I didn’t—

“Open the folder in the desktop.” He commanded. Seriously, I don’t have to listen to him, but my body did exactly what he said. I guess a part of me do want to know more. I double-clicked on the only folder in the desktop.

Something unexpected greeted me. In the folder, was various newspaper clips about Cha YoungSeok. One of the most wanted and dangerous robber in history. He has robbed countless banks, businessman etc.

 But that’s not the thing that made appa and I so determined to bring him to justice. It’s the fact that he has claimed so many innocent lives during the robbing process.

He would kill anyone, let me repeat, ANYONE who tries to get in his way when he goes into action. His victims range from innocent employees who tried to put up a fight to righteous passing civilians who tried to play hero to policemen who laid their lives to bring this heartless robber to justice.

“Third level, last room.”
He better not trick me again this time!

I pushed the door harshly. It flew open and hit the wall, creating a loud ‘bang’. Fei flinched a little from the sound and slowly fluttered her eyes open as I squat to her level. “Fei.” I called gently. Her eyes squinted, before it widens the next second. “Jinyoung!” She exclaimed. Joy was obvious from her tone. I pulled her into my embrace.

Finally, one that is alive.

“Jinyoung…” The tone in her voice this time is completely different from the one just now. This tone is filled with fear and worry. I slowly broke off the hug and stood up. I turned around, but this person in front of me, wasn’t who I was expecting to meet.

Suddenly, everything started to make sense.

But there is still one question hanging.

Why? 

Unless….

“You killed my father.”