Blood

Flower detectives

 

WARNING!

This chapter will most probably because it was rushed out as I didn't want to keep you guys waiting (to know who saved Jinyoung). 
I will try to correct them tomorrow!

 

Narrator’s POV

“Minho, what are you waiting for?” Baro growled. Minho flinched, as he snapped out of his thoughts. He started making his way towards Suzy, slowly and shakily. “Minho, no!” Suzy pleaded as tears rolled down her beautiful face. 

"Min--" Suzy gasped in horror when her body hit the wall. She is cornered in the room.

Minho stopped. He stayed in his position, at a lost of what to do. His mind was in a whirl, currently in a game of tug-of-war. He didn't know what is the right move to make.

“Why? Why do you want to kill her?” Minho asked, buying time. He does in fact want to know why too.

She no longer has any use for us, and I have never wanted to include her in the first place.” Baro replied without any emotions. “You were the one who created this mess, so you shall finish it.” Minho felt a tug on his heart. He began to regret agreeing to include Suzy into the plan.

“Why do you not want to kill her? Are the two of you plotting against me?” Baro asked suspiciously. Minho widened his eyes in shock and realisation.

There is no other way out. He had to do it.

“Mianhae, Suzy.” Suzy shook her head furiously as she sneaked a look of understanding towards Minho. Tears poured down her eyes as she braced herself. Minho swang the knife and it pierced into Suzy’s stomach. Her body slid to the ground as she whimpered in pain.

Minho looked at his blood-stained hands. A rush of guilt swept over him. A single tear fell from his eyes as he went down on his knees.

Baro smirked as he observed the guilt-ridden Minho. He pulled the knife out of Suzy’s stomach and stabbed it right through Minho’s chest. Minho’s eyes widened in a mix of horror and shock as he looked at Baro, who kept his smirk on.

“Do you really think that I don’t know a single thing about what the two of you have been doing?” Baro chuckled darkly and shook his head, as if mocking at how foolish Minho and Suzy were. “I knew that the two of you are plotting against me. I knew that you two saved Sandeul, Gongchan, Shinwoo and Gami.”

Flashbacks of how Suzy and him pushed out balloon cushions for Sandeul and Gongchan to fall on, and how they pushed the barrel away and pulled the drowning Gami and Shinwoo out of the barrel flashed through his mind.

“Then why did you keep quiet about it?” Minho asked as his breathing got heavier. His face was drained of colours, leaking from the wound in his chest. “I don’t mind them not being dead, and I need the help anyway." Baro paused as his face came closer to Minho's. He smirked in satisfaction at Minho's pained expression. "I just need to make sure that Jung Jinyoung is dead before he could even find out.” A sly smirk appeared on his hamster-like face before he pulled the knife out of Minho’s chest.

 “And I guess, I can use this to take away Jung Jinyoung’s life too.”

Baro took one last look at Minho before he turned to leave the room. Minho wanted to stop him, but collapsed instead. He watched helplessly as Baro’s back view went further and further away. When Baro is no longer in sight, his heavy eyelids gave way and his world turned into a pitch of total darkness.

---------------------

“Shinwoo, wake up!” Shinwoo stirred a little before his eyes peeled open. Gongchan smiled in relief. “Shinwoo!” Someone called out worriedly. Shinwoo sat up weakly and found an equally drenched Gami making her way towards him. He enveloped Gami into a wet hug (a/n: don’t think it the wrong way!). She smiled as a tear of relief rolled down her cold cheeks.

“Where are we? How did we end up here?” Shinwoo asked after breaking the hug as he realized that he is now in a foreign environment. “And, aren’t the two of you supposed to be, erm, dead?” He pointed to Gongchan and Sandeul as his brows furrowed into a slight frown. Sandeul chuckled. Shinwoo had to admit that he sure did miss Sandeul’s contagious laughter.

Gami slapped Sandeul in the head and that caused the boy to stop laughing and pout. “Minho and Suzy saved us. They saved the two of you too.” Gongchan explained. Gami nodded.
 

“Unnie, when you can no longer stay afloat, there will be a straw in the barrel.” Suzy whispered as she dropped Gami into the deep barrel. Gami frowned in confusion but before she could ask why, Suzy was already no longer in sight.

“Sh-Shinwoo,” Gami struggled the words out of as she tried her very best to stay afloat. “Mi-mian-hae” She took in her last breath of air before water engulfed her entirely. She looked at Shinwoo’s flawless face from under the water. "Goodbye, Shinwoo. Saranghaeyo." She said in her mind before turning away, facing the barrel as she was unable to look into Shinwoo’s eyes any longer. She closed her eyes, bracing herself for death.

Suddenly, her eyes shot open. She looked at the hole in the barrel as her eyes widened in glee. She smiled as she quickly went over to the straw and breathed through it.
 

The maknae suddenly felt his chest tightening, causing discomfort to him. “Are you okay?” Gami asked in concern as she noticed Gongchan’s sudden change of expression. “It’s just…” Gongchan answered half-mindedly as he tried to figure out the reason to the ominous feeling in his gut.

He yelped a little as he felt a sharp pain on his stomach. Shinwoo and Sandeul came close to him and observed the young boy. “Suzy…” Gongchan mumbled. “Suzy is in trouble.”

Gami’s eyes widened as she looked over at Sandeul. “Do you know where Suzy is?” “I am not sure of the exact location, but they are definitely in this building.” Sandeul replied.

Shinwoo went to the door and twisted the doorknob. “The door is not locked. Let’s go find Suzy.” He said. “It is better if we go in pairs. It’s a little dangerous for the four of us to move together.” Gami suggested. “Gami, you go with Gongchan. Sandeul, you will go with me.” They all nodded.

They went separate ways when they encountered a two-way path.

 

A stretch of abandoned rooms came into the sight of Gongchan and Gami. Gongchan instinctively went to the fourth room of the stretch while Gami decided to start from the first room.

“Suzy!” Gongchan called out as he ran into the room. Gami followed suit after she heard Gongchan calling Suzy. Her eyes widened in pure horror when she saw Suzy and Minho bathing in their own blood. But Minho’s pool of blood was significantly larger than Suzy’s.

“Suzy!” Gongchan cried as he shook Suzy’s weak body. “Minho!” Gami called as she too, shook his body.

Suzy’s eyes peeled open weakly. “Gongchan…” Her hand reached for Gongchan as she caress his face gently. Gongchan held onto her hand, not affected by the amount of blood on it.

Minho, however, only managed to mutter out Gami’s name before slipping back into unconsciousness. “We need to take them to the hospital fast! Gongchan, you will take Minho while I will take Suzy.” Gami said as she rushed over to Suzy’s side. “Unnie…” Suzy smiled at the sight of Gami.

“Don’t worry, you will be fine. We will all be fine.” Gami reassured Suzy as she carried her on the back. Gongchan too, have also carried Minho on the back and they rushed to the road.

 

“Shinwoo, did you hear it?” Sandeul asked as he stayed in his position. Shinwoo raised his brows at the younger boy’s awkward position, but decided to ignore it as he strained his ears to capture the sound.

“What exactly do you want?!” A familiar voice growled. Both boys widened their eyes as they recognized the voice. Without hesitation, they ran to the direction where the voice seemed to come from. Sandeul decided to go for the door further away from the two while Shinwoo went for the door nearer to them.

Sandeul twisted the doorknob and pulled the door open, shrugging off the ominous feeling. He gasped as the scene registered itself in his brain. Jinyoung and Baro were just right before the door. A knife in Baro’s hand was raised up high, ready to pierce through where it was aimed to.

Jinyoung’s chest.

Without thinking for himself, the bunny-looking boy pushed his hyung down to the ground and found himself in the position where his hyung used to be. The knife swang down, so close to stabbing the boy in the chest before it suddenly deviated a little from the path it used to take and ended up on Sandeul’s shoulder.

Baro released his grip from the knife and staggered backwards. His eyes widened in shock. Sandeul clenched his teeth from the pain of his shoulder as blood flowed out of the wound steadily. The boy’s knee suddenly went weak. Just when he was about to fall, Jinyoung broke his fall.

Slowly, Jinyoung swept the boy’s bangs, which was soaked in sweat, away from his eyes.

“S-Sandeul…” 

 

 

A/N: Just if you are curious, Baro was the one who captured Fei and Gami (as Jeongui), while Minho captured Shinwoo. 

I decided to cut the explanation short because I don’t want to troll you guys too much. :p
Feel free to ask any questions if you are unsure about any parts. I will try to answer them as long as it doesn’t leak the future development :P

I am sure plenty of loopholes will start to surface... *sigh*