Ouch.

Flower detectives

Narrator’s POV

The masked guy dashed towards Jinyoung, raising his fist up high. His fist flew towards Jinyoung, but he managed to dodge it by squatting down. Jinyoung quickly ran to the other side as the masked guy continues to launch his attacks on Jinyoung. The six of them who had their limps tied, have no choice but to watch and pray hard that Jinyoung will survive the attacks and they will be saved, even though they know that the chances are slim…

“Ouch….” Jinyoung muttered as he wiped the blood on the corner of his lips.
“The high and almighty Jung Jinyoung, the kingka of the school, can’t fight?!” He shouted as he launched another kick on Jinyoung’s stomach. “Ha, if they knew you are this weak, would they still like you?” He asked as he pulled Jinyoung up. Jinyoung tried to punch him, but he grabbed Jinyoung’s fist and gave him a punch on his face. A visible bruise formed on Jinyoung’s face as he fell onto the ground. “Omo, did I just injured your pretty face?”  He asked sarcastically. “If it weren’t for your pretty face, the two of them wouldn’t have inflicted so much pain on me!”  Tears started to fill his eyes as he pulled out a small knife from his hoodie.

Jinyoung’s small, phoenix-shaped eyes widened in shock as the masked guy approach him with the knife. He leaned on the wall and used the wall to support him up.  He managed to get his feet up, but by then, the masked guy is already just a meter away from him. He closed his eyes, bracing himself for the worst.

“Gami….” The masked guy gasped. He slowly let go of the knife as his eyes widened. More tears started to form in his eyes while he staggered back.

Shinwoo took this opportunity and pounced on him, quickly tackling him to the ground.

Jinyoung’s POV

“Gami….” I heard the masked guy gasped.

I opened my eyes. I could see a female figure right in front of me. Suddenly she started falling towards me. I grabbed her and we both fell to the ground.

Her lips are pale, a single tear fell from her left eye. There is a knife in her stomach, blood is gushing out from the wound.

“Wang Gami, why did you… Aish!” I tried to carry her up, only to fall back to the ground. Guess I am too weak to do that now.

“Hyung, let me do it.” Gongchan quickly rushed to us. He swiftly scooped Gami up in bridal style and ran out of the room.
“Wait for me!” Suzy cried as she picked herself up and ran for Gongchan.

“Why….? WHY?!” The masked guy shouted agitatedly while still being pinned to the ground by Shinwoo and Baro.
“Hyung, gwenchana?” Sandeul asked in concern. I just nodded and walked towards the masked guy.

I grabbed his mask and peeled it off. As expected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yah, we have been like this for one hour already…” Sandeul pointed out. We are in the meeting place now, with the four of us staring at him and him staring back at the four of us. “Will you just say?” Baro asked, losing patience.

He just smirked and continued staring at me.

“So, now, why did you do it?” I asked sternly, interrogating him as Shinwoo, Sandeul and Baro stared at him intently.
“Why…? IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, JUNG JINYOUNG!” He got really agitated and tried to stand up but his hands were bounded to the chair by the ropes. Still, Baro and Sandeul got quite worried and pinned him down to the chair.

Suddenly, the old door creaked. A girl in wheelchair is pushed into the room by a guy, followed by another girl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gongchan’s POV

“W-where am I?” She asked as she slowly opened her eyes.

“Unnie, you are in the nursing room.” Suzy replied gently as she went to the left side of the bed and grabbed her hand. I went to the right side of the bed.

Suddenly, she tried to get up from the bed.
“Ah!” She winced in pain. “What are you doing?!” I sort of yelled. She is injured, can’t she be more careful?!

“Young lady, although the knife didn’t go deep, but it’s still quite serious, what’s more you still have your ankle injury. You need rest, so don’t think of going anywhere for the next two days.” The nurse instructed and left the room.

“Gongchan…” She said softly while looking at me with tears in her eyes. “Bring me to the meeting place, please…”
“No, you need rest.” I replied firmly as I looked away. Please don’t look at me like this, my heart will soften.
“Please, Gongchan. I want to know.” She pleaded again and this time, the tears held in her eyes fell down her cheeks.

“Ok…” I gave up, I couldn’t bear to see her like this. Suzy quickly pushed a wheelchair over. “It will be better for Unnie if we use this.” Suzy gave a sweet smile.
“Gomawo, Suzy.” She smiled as more tears fell down her cheeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung’s POV

“Gami, what are you doing here?! You should be resting!” Shinwoo shouted as he dashed towards Gami. Gami just rolled her eyes.

“One last warning, STOP FREAKING SHOUTING AT ME!” Gami shouted. But soon, she shrank back, her hand holding on to her stomach.
“Mianhae! I didn’t mean to shout at you, I am just…” Shinwoo panicked. “Mianhae…” Shinwoo said softly as he held his head down.

He was looking at Gami and Shinwoo like I did initially, but soon, he resumed staring at me.
“She took that knife for you, why are you so unconcerned?” He asked while deepening his stare for me. “Why should I?” I replied coldly.

“WHY SHOULD YOU?! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS HURTING THE PEOPLE I LOVE?! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS CAUSING THE PEOPLE I LOVE TO HURT ME?! WHY?!” He lost control of himself as tears started to fall down his cheeks. Being worried, Baro and Sandeul continued to pin him down to the chair.
I arched my eyebrows. “What are you talking about?” I asked.

“You don’t know a thing, do you?” I shook my head.
“Well, then let me tell you. Yunri and I used to be a couple. We were really happy together but everything changed when suddenly, one day, I saw her looking at you from afar lovingly. Later, I found out that YOU are the one that occupied her heart, and not me, her boyfriend. She just dated me because she thought that I would help her to forget you. SHE DOESN’T LOVE ME, SHE LOVES YOU! SHE IS JUST MAKING USE OF MY LOVE FOR HER!”  He took in a deep breath and gripped the handles of the chair tightly.
“I was sad, but I decided to help her to be with you anyway, because I love her. I brought her for a makeover, and she transformed into a really pretty girl. I even accompanied her to select a gift for you. But when you rejected her gift and didn’t even bother to take a proper look at her, she actually blamed me for this!”
“So that’s why you launched the attack on her.” Shinwoo concluded the story for him.
“What about the other two?” Gongchan asked.

“I used to be close friends with Minhee and Hyemi, but things changed when I found out that they both liked you. They started to become like Yunri, taking me for granted, blaming me and venting their anger on me whenever you give them cold shoulders.” He continued glaring at me. I felt guilty, even though I didn’t wish for any of the above to happen, but it all happened, because of me. I never knew that my actions would bring so much pain to a person I have zero interactions with. I didn’t know….

“What about me?” Suzy asked softly, still a little scared of him, I guess.
“I saw you giving Jinyoung a gift, and I don’t want another girl to turn out like the three of them.” He replied simply, avoiding eye contact with Suzy.

“You are wrong, Suzy is unlike the three of them.” Gami gave a bitter smile.

“What about you?” He asked Gami, looking on the ground.
“You are wrong about her too.” I replied for Gami. He looked at me, with his eyes slightly widened.
“Babo! It’s just an act!” I got frustrated by how dense this guy sitting right in front of me is. He looked happy, and yet sad at the same time.

“Can I talk privately with Gami?” He asked politely, as tears once again invaded his eyes.
“SO THAT YOU CAN HURT GAMI WHILE WE ARE NOT AROUND?! NO WA-“ Shinwoo shouted.
“Alright, but let me warn you, we will all be just outside, and there is no other way out other than that door there.” I cut Shinwoo off.
“YAH! But…”
“Just go, you mad bear!” I pushed him out of the room with the help of the others.

We went out of the room and closed the door behind us. “Yah, Jung Jinyoung, how can you leave that sadistic nerd inside alone with Gami?!” Shinwoo shouted at me. “He won’t hurt her. Not anymore.” I replied simply. Shinwoo gave a loud sigh in defeat and lay on the wall with his arms folded.

“Hyung, can I ask you a question?” Gongchan suddenly asked, while looking on the floor intently.
“Shoot.”
“Why did she take that knife for you?” He raised his head and looked at me.
I smirked a little.
“Babo, she didn’t take it for him.” Shinwoo replied for me, with a bitter laugh. “She did it for that nerd inside.” He gave a small sigh.
“I-I don’t understand…” Gongchan looked at me with his puppy eyes. Ah, not ageyo again! My heart softened a little, but the moment my eyes meet Shinwoo’s sad face, I know what I should do.
“You will know it when you grow up, kiddo.” 

 

A/N :

I am really sorry, DanggeunMarshmallow! :(
I had to make him the one who attacked the nerds because I need him in the later part of the story! (*hinthint*)

Anyway, I kind of lost motivation to continue with this fic... :(