░ Chapter 9 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: Another update? It's not Friday! Nor has it been a week Author-nim have you gone mad!?  I was feeling generous lol Mark was not happy, he was not happy at all. Let's see if he's calmed down today shall we? Please enjoy Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I WILL NOT BREAK THE RULES
I WILL NOT BREAK THE RULES
I WILL NOT BREAK THE RULES
I WILL NOT BREAK THE RULES
I WILL NOT BREAK THE RULES"


Chrysalis wrote this mantra over and over again in sky blue chalk on the magically enhanced black board in the classroom that was now the size of the entire wall. She groaned as she held the ice pack to her throbbing head as she lifted her sore arm to write once more.

Talia had given her tips like not to press too hard on the chalk so it wouldn't fatigue her arm so fast and no one knew about breaking the rules more than her. Faun gave her the ice pack this morning with a look of disbelief.

"I've never seen Master be so rough with punishment before. Congradulations Karin you are once again the only Doll not to break the rules~"

Karin nodded uncommitedly as her nose was skimming her manga and she played with her new pink pirate hat with antlers on the sides. Mari sat a cup of tea infront of Rea and joined her at the island counter.

"And when was the last time Master actually went to the human realm? That itself is just as strange as this severe punishment. I can't believe he actually made you faint."

"I think....when that action movie star...became governor of California.....the one who'll always be back....."

Rea mumbled as she nibbled on a scone unknowingly as the girls chuckled at her subtle joke.

Chrysalis knew what she did wrong. She interacted with another Puppeteer without the Master or Mona, but she didn't know he was one, and he turned out to be an acquaintence of Master's. 

And she also wandered away from Miss Mona's side for a moment when she went to visit the alleyway and she had specifically told her not to do that. Then there was that warning from Master not to speak but she did so anyway.

She climbed the small ladder so she could reach the top of the board and sighed. Her head was throbbing uncontrollably and her body felt sore and stiff but worst of all she hasn't seen the Master all day to apologize for her behavior.

"Miss Mona, I'm sorry that Master yelled at you because of me."

Mona watched silently as she sat at a desk with her hands in her lap and not moving an inch as if she really were a Doll. Well, she is but....

"It's all right Dear, just finish your writing"

Chrysalis wanted to press on for more details but between her sore arm and pain splitting headache she decided to continue her work in silence. The girls said the entire mansion was shaking and lights flickered on and off? 

But the thing that scared them the most was the animalistic roar that ripped through the air making them feel terrified without even being in close proximity with whatever made it.

It was loud, harsh, inhuman and they've never heard anything like it. That couldn't have been Master Mark could it?


"This doesn't make any sense....."

Jaebeom grumbled as he tore through his Puppeteer records at alarming speed. A little weight was lifted from his shoulders when Jinyoung confirmed it was a Doll killing all those people, it just proved that Jaebeom wasn't old and crazy, yet. 

But what didn't make sense was the description of the aura he had given him. He memorized every.single.detail. about every Puppeteer but not one had the aura of which was described.

He blurred from shelf to shelf and froze in the center of the room as the door to his office was being opened. A warm smile spread across his face as Mark came in with his head low and avoiding his gaze.

His eyes flashed a dark green making the chair in front of Mark pull out on it's own and Mark chuckled as he sat in it and it tucked itself into the table.

His green eyes floated over to his mini bar making a container of amber liquid float to the edge of the table followed by a crystal glass and they slid over to Mark's reach.

"Thank you Jaebeom"
"My pleasure, I'll be with you in a moment"

Completely stumped for the day Jaebeom gathered his material and blurred around the room to return everything in it's proper place. He grabbed a crystal glass for himself and joined Mark at the table who was toying with his drink.

"So...."
"So......"

The boys chuckled and Mark sighed deeply, sat back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest.

"He started it...."
"Yeah I know Mark. He should already know how territorial some Puppeteers are when it comes to their Dolls but what I don't know is why you acted so irrational afterwards. You're normally not so aggressive."

Mark gazed at him with hardened eyes with his mouth setting into a firm line.

"Because he suggested he put what's mine in danger. I don't take that lightly."
"Are you sure it's just that? He also mentioned you looked very worried, also something not so normal coming from you"
"Would you not be worried if your Doll was out alone with some raging maniac with a blade ready to strike at any moment?"

Mark swallowed his glass in one shot and quickly poured himself another and Jaebeom shrugged.

"Fair enough. But if you care so much for your Doll how could you cause her so much pain that she became unconscious in her own mind?"

Mark his teeth and cursed Jinyoung for his aura reading abilities. He really should learn to mind his own business.

"But Mark he's right"
"No he's not"
"We can use her to our advantage"
"We are not going to use her as bait and that's FINAL!"

The glass shattered in his grasp and the little shards imbedded in his skin dropped to the table one by one as his wound began to heal itself. Blazing blue eyes glared at dull green and Jaebeom conceded for now, turning to his bar with his hand out causing a new glass to fly into his palm and he gave it to Mark.

"As you wish. It's too early in the investigation to make such hasty plans anyway. Why don't we change the subject, how is she?"

Mark's eyes softened as he played with the broken shards. He didn't know how she was, he hasn't seen her all day. He was too upset to face her, afraid he may hurt her more if he saw her. Was this what other's called guilt? It's disgusting.

He looked up as Jaebeom chuckled to himself while pouring more amber liquid.

"I'd like to meet her sometime. The way Jinyoung described how she offered him food thinking he was a beggar, she sounds lovely."
"She is. Really one of a kind."
"Well you sound soooo displeased with her, how bout I take her off your hands?"

Jaebeom teased and he couldn't believe the pout on Mark's face as he shook his head profusely, his eyes subtly flashing a warning.

"Then you should apologize to her for over-reacting"
"I was not over-reacting she could've gotten hurt! And she broke rules!"
"Please, it's only Jinyoung. What's he going to do? Blind her with his magnifying glass? Poke her with a sewing needle? God forbid he cooked her a meal! She just wanted to ease your stress and here you are scrambling her psyche until she passes out. Explain to me how that's not over-reacting? And rules, she's only human, I may be old fashioned but that notion still stands."

Suddenly Jaebeom's eyes narrowed as he brought his fingers to brush against his chin.

"Did you feel anything when you were causing her pain?"

Mark smirked and shook his head finishing his last glass and placed it down on the table rather loudly.

"Nope. None at all. So now will you all get off my back about her? I told you it was only intrigue, nothing more"


Once her writing punishment was over Mona allowed Chrysalis to spend the rest of her time resting in bed. She sat poisedly on the edge of her mattress and gently brushed her raven hair with her fingers as her eyes closed peacefully.

Mona didn't like it at all that Mark had been so rough with her. Believe it or not she could've gone into shock from the severe pain and died and the thought made her furrow her brows.

"How are you feeling Dear?"
"Better because you're here"

Chrysalis muttered sleepily and she found herself cuddling closer to Mona's side and sighing as she relaxed. If Mona had a heart this would be one of those moments it would be all warm and happy. These Dolls....these girls...were her children and she cared deeply for them, no matter how long or short their existance.

"May I ask you something Chrysalis"
"Yes....."
"Would you do anything to keep Master Mark from harm?"
"Of course I would."
"Even if it would hurt you in a way?"
"I'd do anything to protect all of you......"

Was the last sentence she said before she fell asleep and Mona smiled weakly. What a good girl. Slowly she laid down next to her, face to face and continued to brush her hair soothingly like she did with all the other girls and hummed a little tune. 

As the sun set Mona climbed out of Chrysalis' bed and pulled her duvet up to her chin and kissed her forehead. She made her way to Mark's room and was puzzled he wasn't there.

"Lillith" she called downstairs and the head maid came out from the kitchen as she was preparing dinner and bowed.

"Yes Lady Mona"
"Has Master Mark not returned at all today?"
"No ma'm I have not seen the Master all day. Please if you'll excuse me the soup needs to be stirred constantly"
"Of course, sorry to bother you. Return to your duties, thank you."
"Thank you ma'm"

Mona made her way over to Rea's room and knocked gently and the door slowly opened. The room was a wine red color with white accents. The walls were decorated with vines and flowers and they curled naturally around all the weapons that were displayed proudly.

The bed was big and white and had black steel poles that reached towards the ceiling and were also wrapped in vines and Rea sat in the center with flowers scattered around her, scissors in her hand and a blue vase resting in between her legs. She looked over and bowed her head respectfully.

"Miss Mona."
"Hello Dear, sorry to bother you but did Master Mark tell you where he'd be going today when you saw him this morning?"
"He said he was visiting Master Jaebeom"
"All day?"
"I'm not sure, I'm sorry"
"It's alright. And I'm sure that arrangement you're working on will be beautiful, may I have it once it's completed?"

Rea's eyes sparkled as her lips curled into a small smile and she nodded.

Mona knocked gently, very gently, on Karin's door and it opened slowly. The room was literally a giant magical library. Rows and rows of shelves and books littered the area, reaching up towards the unnaturally high ceiling and Karin's bed was strategically placed in a giant shelf. 

The bed itself was made out of giant books and even her blanket was a giant open book. The room was dimly lit as Karin laid snuggled in her bed with a flashlight and she peered down at Mona, blinked her eyes and bowed her head.

"Hello Miss Mona. Need a book on vegetation again? Third shelf, second row to your right"
"No Dear I was just curious if you know where Master Mark may be?"
"No I'm sorry he just said he was going out and I haven't seen him all day."
"Thank you Dear and do be careful with that flashlight you don't want to strain your eyes"
"It's only a myth."

Mona pulled on the little rope hanging on the side of Mari's door making a bell inside ring and the door slowly opened. The room was also magically larger than normal, various shades of pink with stuffed animals and parisols dominating the space.

In the center was a plush bed with princess curtains and in the middle was Mari brushing her hair and singing Disney's "Some day my Prince will Come." She looked up, smiled politely and bowed her head.

"Good evening Miss Mona"
"Good evening Dear. Do you happen to have an idea where Master Mark may be?"
"None at all I'm afraid. He mentioned something about visiting the human world again but I may have misheard him"
"Was he stuttering again?"
"Of course"
"Thank you Dear and even the most handsome of Princes are undeserving of you Mari but I guarantee you will find one"
"Thank you Miss Mona"

Mona moved a little board on Faun's door revealing a small hole and she whistled inside making the door open slowly. Out of all the rooms Faun's was by far the largest and far fetched.

It was a forrest, with trees reaching up to the magical starry sky and multiple nets were placed around full of leaves to jump into or to just bounce from destination to destination.

In the center between the two largest trees was Faun in her hammock playing the harmonica and she peered down 20 feet at Mona, waved and bowed her head.

"Hey there Miss Mona mighty fine sky this evening ain't it?"
"It really is, makes me want to take you all camping in the garden again soon."
"Oooo can we??? And if you're looking for Master he's not here. Haven't seen him since he slipped out the door at dawn"
"Thank you Faun, and make sure to keep warm it gets chilly up there at this time of night. Dinner will be ready soon"
"Yes! Food! Thank you Miss Mona I will~"

Mona finally stood infront of Talia's door and each knock against the wood sounded like a distorted piano key and the room opened. Oh did she say Faun's room was the most far fetched? She definitely meant Talia's. 

It was a room in the clouds with a spiral piano road leading to different clouds with either her study area, closet, more instruments or straight to the tippy top where Talia's bed was and she was listening to Bach in massive ear phones and playing air piano with her fingers.

Mona stood on two piano keys making a dischord and the sour note alerted Talia someone was there. She took of her head phones, brushed her twintails aside and beamed at her as she bowed her head.

"Heya Miss Mona~ What can I do for you~?"
"Dinner is almost ready Dear and have you seen Master Mark?" Mona replied in fluent Chinese and Talia chuckled and replied to her in equal Chinese.
"I was with Mari when he said something about going to the human world? I didn't believe my own ears though."
"Maybe because you listen to your music too loudly, be careful Dear or you'll go deaf"
"If I were going to go deaf I would've been deaf a hundred years ago~"

Mona stood infront of the main entrance with her back against the door as she pondered where Mark could've gone without telling her. Suddenly the doors opened slightly and there was a small breeze and she smiled as Mark wrapped his arms around her in a back hug and burried his face in the crook of her neck.

"I was beginning to worry Master. You normally don't leave the entire day without me."
"Apparently I haven't been acting normally alot lately. Sorry to worry you"

He gently twisted her hair around his finger and he kissed her pale skin affectionately. He held a closed fist out infront of her and when he opened it a red velvet box appeared and she smiled. Inside was a diamond brooch of a butterfly and he clipped it on the strap of her jumper.

"My apologies for last night. I didn't mean to blame it all on you and lash out"
"Apology accepted. Is this why you ventured out to the human world?"
"For this and some other things"

He said non-chalantly as he kissed her cheek and blurred into the kitchen with a bag. Lillith scolded him not to blur in the kitchen when dinner was being prepared and he blurred straight up the stairs chuckling. 

Mona traveled into the kitchen and opened the fridge curiously and smiled. He bought the house hold a giant cake as an apology for his ruckus last night.

Her eyes traveled to the once empty cubby space that was now filled with plumped fresh strawberries, chocolate bars and biscuits with strawberry cream inside, strawberry ice cream, strawberry syrup for morning pancakes and rather interesting looking gummy candies in the shape of strawberries. She was sure Chrysalis would've accepted just a verbal apology minus the extra effort.


Mark stood stiffly infront of Chrysalis' door while holding a white box. Memories of yesterday were clouding his mind especially her screams of agony ringing through his head as he glared at Jinyoung but the sinking feeling he had when he had chosen to block out her screams, oh my.

He raised his fist a few inches from the wood door and shook his head. 

The sleeping Chrysalis stirred awake from the soft knocks. Her head was no longer aching as she stretched out and slipped on her slipper boots and shuffled to the door.

She opened it a crack but no one was there. She peered downwards, opened the door fully and knelt to pick up the white box. The little dark blue card was shoved under the red ribbon.

"As Mona had said, dessert is not a meal so make sure to eat dinner first. Again I find myself apologizing to you Pretty and I hope you accept it as you always do. Do not disobey me again or I'll have you drink my Arizona Ice Tea as punishment!"

Chrysalis looked down the hall at Mark's closed bedroom door and smiled. She opened the box carrying chocolate covered strawberries and strawberry cheesecake like the ones she dropped in the alleyway yesterday. 

She walked down the hallway and knocked on Mark's door but there was no reply.

"Thank you Master. Apology accepted as always. And I'm sorry too."

Chrysalis smiled and giggled in glee as she held the box to her chest and headed out to share her treats with her sisters. Mark was leaning his back against his door clutching his chest gently as his heart danced merrily.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Okay Mark, that end though, you're kinda being adorable stop it lol How would you guys decorate your magical rooms :D? I'd either want to be under water or surrounded by stars~ Hope you enjoyed and I'll see you next week for another Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play?