░ Chapter 27 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: Hey guys sorry it's a little late I had to wait for my cousins to fall asleep so I could get the computer but look on the bright side it won't be 3am for you guys like it usually is when some of you read :D♥ You guys need sleep and happy 5000+ views \o/ Last week we got quite a scare! Sunmi in Mark's room? Chrysalis not in Mark's room? Why were Sunmi's eyes flashing silver? WHERE IS CHRYS?! Let's find out what happened in this week's Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It got weaker and weaker until it just completely vanished. That internal pull that so desperately tried to reunite her with the one person she didn't want to leave, it was gone.

Breathing heavily Chrysalis finally stopped running and took a moment to catch her breath with her hands on her knees. This Realm Tunnel was alot longer when you weren't traveling by automobile.

Her slippers were now filthy, sweat was dripping down her face and making her clothes stick to her skin and her chest ached but she had to keep going.

"Wait! Just listen to me!"
"I'll scream! Don't come any further!"
"Chrysalis for christ's sake Mark's in danger!"


snapped shut and her heart raced but her defensive stance didn't change.

"He's....in danger?"
"Yes and it's really really bad. He ticked off a very powerful Puppeteer and they want him dead. I knew you were his Deity now and that would be the easiest way to kill him so I came here to warn you and to tell you to get away, as far away from here as you can"

Chrysalis' knees quivered and she dropped to the floor in disbelief. Someone wanted Mark dead? Why......the Rogue Doll's Puppeteer?

"Wait, how did you know I was his Deity?"
"CHRYSALIS! We don't have time for this! You need to leave!"
"But wouldn't I be safer if I stayed with Mark?"
"You'd be safer but he wouldn't. He can't worry about you and protect himself at the same time since you're only human. You need to leave. Somewhere he can't find you so he can concentrate on confronting the Puppeteer and won't be distracted by you. You can get him killed."

Sunmi picked her up from the floor and gently coaxed her to the open window and Chrysalis peered out at the night sky.

"What about our bond? He'll come find me....."
"It's still newly formed. The farther you run the weaker it'll get and he won't be able to track you."
"But he'll be lost without me!"
"And he'll be dead if you're dead that's why our best bet is to hide you! Chrysalis you have to do this for Mark and for the others! What would they do without him?!"

Chrys bit her lower lip as tears threatened to escape her eyes. She had to control her emotions or else Mark would feel something was wrong and immediately come up here. She had to stay away from him to protect him but who would protect her?

"But I don't want to go......I want to stay with him......"
"Do you love him?"

Chrys nodded and Sunmi's eyes narrowed with a mix of seriousness and sorrow.

"As long as you love him he'll be able to find you after everything's been done. Chrys if there was any other way I wouldn't be asking you to leave him, I know he loves you too, so much, and I love him that's why I want him safe. Be strong okay and......"

Chrys gasped as Sunmi shoved her out the window.

"Stay alive"


Standing up right, having finally regulated her breathing, Chrys examined the scrapes along her arms from landing in the flower beds. How could Sunmi tell her to stay alive if she's going to push her out of windows? Speaking of which Sunmi seemed different. Though she was more anxious and jumpy than she's ever been her complexion was even more flawless than the last time she had seen her. Maybe she was just imagining things?

But something that wasn't imaginary was the fact the tunnel was so far away from the Tuan Manor but she never stopped running. Her plan was to get to Master Jaebeom's castle manor and explain to him what Sunmi had told her so he could help Mark. If the seven of them were together then they could protect Mark from this powerful Puppeteer and she wouldn't have to stay away from him.

It seemed simple enough but on foot the tunnel seemed never ending. The same lights, the same road, it was as if she were running around in a loop and there weren't exactly cars driving by that she could hitch a ride in.

"This is one of those times I really wish I could be activated...."

She sighed and rubbed the seal on her neck then with a new found determination to protect her family she sprinted once more.


"No......no this can't be happening....."

Her heart sank to her stomach as she took in her surroundings. Why did the tunnel lead her to the Human Realm? The air was hot and muggy as rain fell from the dark sky and for once she didn't welcome it one little bit.

She looked back up the way she came then back at the road with rushing street cars. Why couldn't she get to where she wanted to go?! Her chest tightened uncomfortably at the thought of maybe trying to go back instead.

She wanted to go home but she wanted to keep Mark safe more but how would she do that now? How would a feeble human protect a mighty Demon from a powerful magical being?

And he'll be dead if you're dead that's why our best bet is to hide you!

Hide? For how long? How long would she have to be alone again? Swallowing the dry lump in Chrysalis wrapped her arms around herself and walked deeper into the concrete jungle of her nightmares.

People were looking at her strangely again. Her shirt and sweats were completely drenched and her feet were soggy from the lack of proper foot wear. The scars on her arms stung painfully from the rain and her legs were burning and on the verge of giving out.

Her pale complexion was illuminated by the flashing green man of the street signal as she waited at the corner to cross and she yelped as a car sped by almost running her over. Falling to the ground to avoid getting hit people just walked around her as if she weren't even there. After waiting for the gang of drunk businessmen to disperse Chrysalis ventured down that all too familiar alley of rancid smells and trash but as she arrived at the end she dropped to her knees.

Her little cubby hole had collapsed in on itself. There was no space among the fallen debris and a piece of dry wall that had one of her doodles on it laid on the cold ground outside the hole getting soaked by the rain. She bit her lower lip till she tasted iron and squeezed her eyes shut tightly wishing this was all just a really bad dream and she'd wake up tangled in Mark's limbs in their bed. But it wasn't. He wasn't here and she truely had no where to go.

"Be strong Chyrs, be strong....."

She whispered weakly as she wandered aimlessly around the city of Seoul at night. The church was locked up tight, steel chains rattled as she tugged on the doors. She looked up at the vast doors and watched as rain dribbled down the wooden crucifix. Isn't this suppose to be a place of sanctuary? Wandering further away from her alley the mud ran from the entrance of the construction sight where she and Mark had used the portable restroom. That wasn't even there anymore.

The work site was completely abondoned. Machines covered in muck were being washed away and the claws of the cranes screeched hauntingly as they swayed. 
Arriving at the back of the factory she moved the wood board to reveal the hidden walk way and ignored the way people kept looking at her like she were a wild animal that just crossed into territory they should'nt have.

Stray cats hissed at her, hungry dogs nipped at her ankles, other beggars pointed fingers and the familiar face she had hoped to see was no where to be found.

"Why is this happening to me....."

She cupped her hand over to silence her sob as she found her old friend's wheel chair busted to pieces next to a pile of his belongings that were shredded. 

She yelped as a strange man grabbed her with filthy hands, saying inapproriate things to her in a low grungy voice and she shoved him away and ran for her life with no destination.

Her salty tears now mixed with the falling rain. What if Sunmi was just lying to her!? Her sisters' always told her she was oblivious maybe she was being duped and she didn't realize it. But then again, what if the Demon woman was telling the truth......

She fell to the ground and cut her knee open as she tripped over a small rock. Grabbing at the pebbles in her hands as she was on all fours Chrys let out a heart breaking sob. Mark promised she would never have to come back here again but now he wasn't here. No one was here.

She chuckled dellusionally. She was so pathetic looking right now. There was a time she fended against the world on her own but now here she was having the world crashing around her. Lifting her head her swollen eyes focused in the dim lighting and she realized she had run all the way to the park she had took Mark. The one she came to everytime it rained.

Dazed and heart broken Chrys stood soulessly, completely ignoring the severe pain coursing through her body and she continued to walk. To where? She didn't know but she kept going. Her head was spinning, doubling her vision and her stomach churned.

Wasn't there something about this in the Demon Deity book? She had Mark read it to her as a bed time story one night as she cuddled into his chest and he ran his fingers through her hair with a smile. The thought made her miss that feeling of comfort and peace desperately.

The true love of a Demon is like a drug. Sweet and addicting, completely intoxicating and to be suddenly away from it her body was going through withdrawal. Since she was human it was alot more severe as well than if she were a Demon woman. Why did she only remember this now? More reason to not have left, how could she had been so stupid?!

"Because people do stupid things when they're in love....and they're completely blinded when it comes to protecting the ones they love....." 

She answered her own mental question with unemotional words. Finally she had arrived at the center where the wooden bench swing was and the small shelter. Looking from place to place she chose the safety of the shelter.

Crawling on hands and knees she went as far as she could to the edge before she curled up into a ball and cried.

"I want to go home.....I want Talia and Mari......Miss Mona.......Faun and Rea and Karin......."

Thunder cracked over head and the forest shook as lightning crashed cutting branches from trees and they plumeted to the earth. The wind whipped up a veil of water droplets that coated her body making her shiver and Chrysalis cried harder.

"Mark......Where are you......I need you.....I don't want to be alone......."

A dark shadow hovered over her but her body was too weak to fight back. If they're going to do something to her just get it over with already.


Sunmi held onto Mark's hand tightly to keep him from wandering off as they traveled through the enchanted dark forest. The atomosphere was eerie with the sounds of growls, limited lighting and the air was thick with fog. She made a face as she avoided mud puddles, low braches and huge flying bugs that could possibly kill a small human child with a single sting.

She looked over her shoulder at the Demon she loved and she felt a strange mixture of rage and guilt. His eyes were completely desolate, loss of all feeling and signs of life just like his pale skin and she was sure if she let go of his hand he'd stop moving all together.

The Demon Diety book had been used for years to scare Demons into not falling in love. Always saying it was extremely dangerous and not worth it but to see the true power of love woth her own eyes, it truely was terrifying, and she wanted his love all to herself.

"You'll see Chrysalis soon Mark, don't worry."

He nodded blankly and Sunmi frowned and turned her head to concentrate on the path ahead. Was she even going the right way? Everything looked exactly the same. Then again she's only been here a limited amount of times.

Soon the dirt and grass became a cobble stone walk way illuminated by old fashioned torches. As the fog cleared the giant manor lurking in the darkness was revealed, vast and dreary looking. There were holes in the walls and the roof, windows hung from their hinges precariously and every inch was covered in vines with thick thorns. Mark didn't even flinch as chained Hell hounds, vicious and hungry snapped at him as they walked up the stairs to the entrance that was practically falling apart.

"Why would my Pretty be in a place like this....."
"You can ask her when you see her Mark"

"I want to see her.....so badly.....I could die..."

It was pitch black inside the manor aside from the floating enchanted candle sticks that traveled up and down the halls. Furniture was covered in white sheets and every surface was covered in a thick layer of dust. The old paintings felt as though their eyes were following you and the aged chandeliere looked as though it would fall at any second crushing anyone underneath it. The floor creaked under the soiled rugs as Sunmi dragged Mark towards the depths of the basement. The cave like space leaked, the air was thin and giggles echoed in the distance.

Stopping in front of a worn out wooden door Sunmi let go of Mark and knocked three times.

"Mistress I've brought him"

Sunmi bowed her head respectfully and the door slowly opened leading even further into the darkness.

Mark gazed blankly forward as silver eyes began to glow all around and the sound of Demon like breathing made the rats run in fear.

"Such a good Doll you are Sunmi you shall be rewarded. Come closer so I can get a look at his disgusting face."

The voice beckoned softly. A threatening growl ripped through the space and Sunmi gripped onto Mark but he did nothing.

"I did not give you permission to speak. Silence!"

The female voice scolded menacingly and the growling immediately seized behind her.

Sunmi and Mark stepped into the only illuminated spot and the female voice chuckled in disbelief.

"This is the monster that killed my precious clown?"
"He's weakened Mistress, from being away from his Deity"
"Where is she......"

Mark whispered painfully. Sunmi gasped in terror as a whip like object made of bones shot out of the darkness and wrapped around Mark's neck.

"You do not need to explain to me of his condition Doll. I'm fully aware of the situation. Oh what to do with him? It'd be too simple to just stab him through the heart right now.....maybe I should pop his head off as he did to her......"
"No!"

Sunmi dropped to her knees desperately and the voice chuckled. Every other being with silver eyes in the darkness chuckled along and the sound echoed of the walls so loud it was deafening.

"You said I'd be rewarded for bringing him here. I want him! Please don't kill him Mistress!"

The hold around Mark's neck loosened and slowly retreated back into the darkness.

"Still in love with this pest despite him having a Deity hmmm? You're pathetic. Very well I shall spare him....for he could be very useful to me. Bow before me Pet!"

Sunmi sighed in relief and bowed her head respectfully. Looking back up at Mark she smiled as she eyed the seal the bones had left on his neck and his empty eyes glowed silver as he dropped to his knees and bowed his head.

His inner Demon roared in protest as it tried to fight off the silver aura creeping into his being but soon the massive beast was silenced as silver tentacles chained it to the floor. Not able to move it's head the Demon whimpered sadly, longing for warm purple eyes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author Note: Sorry for the errors guys I had to finish the second half by writing on my itouch and its a struggle and I can't proof read decently and edit and it's 1am and I'd rather have gotten this finish half a day late than a whole day because I love you guys \o/ Wow how the tables have turned! Is someone going to hurt Chrys? She's hurt enough already from being away from home! And Doll Mark?! WHAT?! Things are getting crazy and we're officially a little more than half way through the story :) See you guys next week for another Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play? Tbh I'm a bit hesitant now with all the shyt going down lol

PS# You guys crack me up you're all seriously the best~ Have you seen the comments? My readers are kinda sorta violent but I still love them just the same~