░ Chapter 8 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: Everyone let's take a moment to thank anchiip for this beautiful new cover art \o/ They really made my day and I was squealing around my house with a stupid smile on my face so surprised, thankful and honored to have been given a gift T^T

Now let's see what Chrysalis' first trip back to the human world is like since becoming a Doll shall we? Please enjoy this week's Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Chrysalis watched curiously as Mari, Talia and Faun played a rousing game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who went with Miss Mona on errands today.
She turned to face Karin who was sitting on the couch cushion next to her with her nose in a new manga with some title named after a cleaning product.

"Why are they so adamant on going out with Miss Mona today?"
"She's going to the human realm for groceries and such......."

Chrysalis' face was puzzled. The human realm? Weren't they in the human realm?

"Ladies behave yourselves. I think I'll have Chrysalis accompany me."

Mona stood from the couch and smoothed out her gothic lolita outfit and the girls pouted in defeat but didn't argue with her decision.

"I adore you all dearly but if you don't lower your voices I'll be forced to shut your mouths for you....."

Everyone looked up at Mark who was leaning over the stair railing with his head in his hands. He'd been up late lately looking into the situation Jaebeom had brought up and the lack of sleep and the lack of any evidence that this could be demon related was making him grouchy.

The girls bowed apologetically and Mark stiffled a yawn and laid his head sleepily on his propped up arm.

"Who's going out with you today Mona?"
"Chrysalis will Master"

His lips curled at the corners and his eyes flashed blue causing Chrysalis' eyes to blanken and she stood from the couch and made her way up the stairs stiffly.

"I shall dress her then"

Zombified Chrysalis stood in her dark blue bra and underwear as Mark looked around inside her walk in closet. He sorted through the hangers quickly and pulled out a deep blue long coat to wear over her usual school girl outfit.

Once he closed the doors he blurred over to Chrysalis's side and ran his nose through her hair and sighed. To be frank, he didn't want her to venture out into the human world. All his research into the murders were causing his imagination to run in dark ways.

Master may I ask you something
"Of course you may Pretty"

He knelt to his knees and held the skirt out for Chrysalis to walk into. Her body rested her hands on his shoulders to balance and though her face remained unchanged her stomach was churning nervously as Mark glided his nose against the skin of her leg and smiling while pulling the skirt up.

Ummm.....
"Cat got your tongue Pretty?"

Chrysalis couldn't gasp as he bit down lightly on her thigh and blood ran to her cheeks to reflect her emotions the only way her body could at the moment. 

His eyes flashed a dark blue and Chrysalis sat on the edge of her bed as he slowly put on her black thigh socks, kissing her flesh before it was covered by the dark fabric.

Sure it would be more exhilerating to play this game with Chrysalis in control of her own body but it was necesarry for him to be in control.

He wouldn't be able to resist her body squirming under his sensual touch, and the subtle moans and gasps she was making in her head was only feeding his desire and he would've brought her straight to his bed but he didn't have the time with Mona waiting for her.

"Well?"

Once Mark was distracted by putting her sweater over her head she managed to collect her thoughts.

Are we not in the human realm Master?

He chuckled and shook his head. His eyes flashed making Chrysalis lean her neck to the side allowing Mark access to nibble gently on her skin making her lose her train of thought.

"We are on the outskirts of the demon realm Pretty. That long tunnel you traveled through when you first arrived is a portal. To humans it's just another tunnel to get to a different city but to us it's a highway to get to all parts of the human world and the demon world."

Oh...ummm...that's cool...
"Very cool indeed"

Mark stood her up and latched onto her hips, pulling her flush against his body. He stared into her blank eyes and sighed in bliss. Even blank they were still beautiful but.....

The seal on her neck glowed along with his eyes and Chrysalis blinked a few times as she regained control of her body. He helped her into her coat and buttoned it up to the top and instead of her usual bow headband he placed a pretty black barret on her head. 

"Maybe I'll join you and Mona later"

He kissed her swiftly on the lips before swatting her bum towards the door. Chrysalis bowed respectfully then disappeared. As the door closed he sunk down onto her bed with a scowl and his eyebrows knitted in agitation. Why did he say that? He hated going to the human realm.

Mark eyed the door and he felt a slight longing in his chest as if it were telling him where ever she was he wanted to be. What is this ridiculous feeling?


"You are not to leave my side is that understood Dear?"
"Yes Miss Mona"

Mona nodded and began going over the grocery list as Chrysalis sat still with her hands clasped in her lap. Not too long ago was she in this seat, broken spirited and dirtying the leather with her alley way grime and now here she was wearing a poshe coat and barret with life back in her complexion.

"Miss Mona, does Master visit the human realm often?"

The question had taken her by surprise and Mona looked up from her list and cocked her head to the side in bewilderment.

"What makes you ask that Chrysalis?"
"Before I left he said maybe he'd join us"
"Did he now....."

Mona's voice was barely a whisper as she turned her head in deep thought and Chrysalis fidgeted uncomfortably thinking she may have said something wrong.

Master Mark distained the idea of ever visiting the human realm other than when truely necessary. He believed them vile, uncivilized creatures, nothing more than to be used so why would he willingly go now?

Chrysalis could feel the gazes of everyone as she and Mona wandered the shopping area. She huddled closer to Mona's side and Mona smiled reassuringly.

"They are only looking at you Dear because you are beautiful"

Last she was here people had looked at her as if she were a monster, the lowest of the low and didn't even consider her an individual of society. They would never look her way too long and usually they had a look of disgust painted on their faces but now everyone was looking at her in awe.

Passing by a clothing shop Chrysalis snuck a glance at her reflection and stopped in her tracks. Who was this beautiful girl staring back at her? Her raven hair under the black barret was shiny and healthy and reflecting the sunlight as it draped over her shoulders.

Her face was fuller now, full of life and color and glowed youthfully. Her eyes that were normally distorted by water ripples when she looked at her appearance in rain puddles were a vibrant purple like she's never seen before.

She turned so she could fully see her body in the window and how fitting of her silhouette to reflect against the display mannequin. It was because she became a demon's Doll that she had changed.

She lifted her arms at crooked angles and imagined that there were thin strings attached to her limbs like an actual puppet and she found herself laughing. 

"What is so amusing Dear?"

Mona stood by her side with a bag of fresh apples from the vendor across the street and Chrysalis shook her head and the two continued on their way.

"It's just strange...my life now."
"So you find living an actual life strange but you found nothing at all wrong with how you were in the alleyway?"
"Living in the alleyway I never imagined demons and magic existed. Let alone living dolls."
"Hahaha valid point. I see why you would find your new life style "strange."

In and out the two traveled from store to store in search of organic ingredients for tonight's meal of spicy curry. Master Mark enjoyed spicy foods and given his current stressful state Mona thought he would appreciate it.

"Is there anything in paticular you'd like to eat for lunch Dear?"

Mona looked down at Chrysalis who was distracted in thought. This is the area she used to inhabit as a street urchen and the thought came very unwelcome in her mind.

Before she didn't mind living the way she did, lurking in the shadows, living off scraps that she could savage but now, the idea made her so sad she could almost cry.

She pointed to a fancy resturant on the corner. A small square building with white stone walls and glass windows with a brown sign with gold script, surrounded by potted plants and fancy black tables.

Mona was puzzled by her lavish choice, not pegging her one for fancy cuisine.

"Why there Dear?"
"That's....the restaurant I used to go to for scraps to eat...."

It was a treasured place for her. She was still alive because of the enormous amount of scraps they threw out at the end of their day and she often shared it with other deprived people in the alleys as well.

The little bell of the front door rung lightly as the two ventured inside. Styled in a way to represent an authentic Italian resturant there were tables with white cloths, chandeliers, and paintings on the walls of old fashioned buildings.

The waiter sat them down at the table closest to the window so Chrysalis could continue to gaze outside. There it was. Her alleyway. Shrouded in dark muted colors as if the sun deliberately didn't shine in that area.

She turned her attention to the fancy menu and her lips twitched as she had a hard time pronouncing some of the names written in pretty font. Mona watched her warrily. Coming back here is like revisiting dark times yet Chrysalis didn't seem too effected by it, in fact, she seemed grateful.

She smiled as purple eyes twinkled in excitement but was taken by surprise when she abruptly closed her menu and placed it on the table.

"What happened?"
"We can leave now"
"We did not even order anything Chrysalis, what has gotten into you?"

Chrysalis lowered her head and twiddled her thumbs.

"It's very expensive to eat here Miss Mona. I can wait until we get home and eat dinner or we can find somewhere cheaper. I...don't want you spending money on me..."

Chrysalis lifted her head as Mona gracefully brought her hand to to stiffle a giggle.

"Dear this is a treat for you. If you have not noticed already Master Mark and I have been around a very long time and have fortune beyond your belief. Eating here one hundred times would be an equivalent of dropping a few pennies on the sidewalk."

"But...."

"Don't think too much into this Chrysalis, just enjoy it. Now what have you had your eye on?"

Mona never thought she'd have to scold Chrysalis on how dessert was not a proper meal. Strawberry cheesecake and chocolate covered strawberries were the first words out of and she didn't even glance at the main course section.

Chrysalis managed half her penne pasta, as displeased as Mona was, before she had eyes only for her desserts but before she could enjoy them her eyes wandered towards her alley. 

A dark figure stumbled into the shadows and she instantly felt she had to do something.

"May we have these to go please Miss Mona? I'd like to enjoy them in the comfort of my bedroom if that's alright?"

Miss Mona was beaming nostalgia as she described her experiences with Master Mark while adventuring in the human realm. Believe it or not just like his brother Master Jackson Master Mark was quite the prankster.

As much as he disliked humans he enjoyed tripping them up with magic and he found a love for human food and human technology such as a music player and the internet.

"We were once visiting the Asia continent and his face when he ate something with egg plant in it was absolutely terrifying....."

As Mona giggled fondly of her memories their black car stopped infront of the curb and Mark came out of the back seat wearing dark denim and a leather jacket. He grabbed the plastic bags from her as she gave him an what-in-the-world-are-you-doing-here look and he gave her a lop sided grin.

"What's with that look Mona?"
"You know very well why my face is like this Master. What are you doing here?"
"I needed a little fresh air from research that's all"
"You expect me to believe that?"

Mark huffed out air as Mona crossed her arms and his eyes scanned around curiously.

"Where's my Pretty?"

Mona looked at him as if he were blind and when she turned and noticed Chrysalis was not by her side anymore she frowned.

"I thought I told her not to leave my side"


Chrysalis cautiously approached the dark figure crouching to the floor as she hugged her food to her chest. The alley had an eerie feeling and the floor was riddled with cut up police tape and if she wasn't mistaken...dried blood splatter.

"Ummm...excuse me? Are you alright? If you're hungry...I have some food here"

She gasped and fell on her behind as the person jolted upright. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly and after a moment she opened them when she felt something hovering infront of her. A magnifying glass?

"Your aura is all over this vicinity yet you do not appear aggressive at all...hmmm...interesting...."

It was a young man with dark hair. He had giant rounded glasses as if they were made from the same lenses as the giant magnifying glass he was holding to her face. His eyes crinkled at the corners as he examined her more closely and mumbled to himself.

"What are you doing here young lady? This is a very dangerous area and someone like you should not venture in it especially alone. Where is your Marionette?"
"I thought you were homeless and hungry so I was going to offer you my food. And I'm sorry?"
"Did you used to live in this area?"
"Yes, how did you know? And I don't know what you're talking about...."

A wicked grin spread across the young man's face and Chrysalis soon found herself behind someone brooding aggression and apprehension.

"Jinyoung what are you doing here?"

Mark acknowledged the young man stiffly with a hand out and Jinyoung shook it firmly and smiled.

"A Master never far from his Doll, just like it should be. Nice to see you Mark I was just investigating into the recent murders by Jaebeom's request."

Jinyoung eyed Chrysalis as she stood up and brushed her jacket and cowered slightly at the sight of her Master. He's never seen Mark so worried before, must have something to do with her. Mark followed his gaze and his eyes narrowed into a glare.

"Don't even think about it Jinyoung"

"Think about what? I wasn't thinking about anything~ It's not like I was thinking about using your Doll here who's aura is all over this place to help aid me in my investigation~ Nope wasn't thinking that at all~"

Mark reigned in his temper as Jinyoung brushed passed him and grabbed Chrysalis' hand politely and kissed her knuckles.

"I'm Jinyoung. One of your Master's closest friends. I'm here doing a bit of investigating and was wondering, since you are such a kind, helpful soul, if you would assist me?"

"Don't say a word Chrysalis" Mark threatened but the words were out of before she could stop them.

"Are you investigating what Master Mark has been preoccupied with lately? He's looked so stressed if there's anything I can do.....YAH!"

Mark growled and his eyes glowed a dangerous shade of blue as he shoved Jinyoung away from Chrysalis who was now not in control of her body but inside she was mentally screaming.

There was a sharp, drill like pain stabbing at her skull as if trying to break through and it was excruciating. Possibly the worst thing she's ever felt in her life.

If she had control she'd be hunched over, craddling her cranium in her arms with a hot flow of tears cascading down her face it was just that terrible. If it were possible she may even cry blood.

A shadow dropped from the rooftops and stood by Jinyoung's side defensively but he only chuckled and raised an arm with his eyes flashing gold.

"It's alright Carolyn, I was at fault. I seemed to have hit a soft spot in Mark."

The woman relaxed her stance. She was at least six feet tall, light brown hair with blond highlights styled in a side ponytail. She wore a fitted dark blazer with a ruffled gold top underneath and fitted leather bottoms and black pumps. Her eyes looked as if they were made of glass and she looked like she came straight off some fashion cat walk.

"Yes Master"

Her voice was deep but her stern gaze did not leave brooding Mark or his Doll who's seal was glowing vibrantly with food scattered around her. Jinyoung put his magnifying glass away and he took off his glasses and threw them against the brick wall and they shattered into sparkling pieces and vanished.

"You do know I'll have to inform Jaebeom about this?"
".........."

Mark said nothing as his chest rose and fell heavily as he continued to glare at Jinyoung's smiling face. Chrysalis couldn't understand what was happening but soon it didn't matter as her conscious out from the pain.


"You should've paid more attention to her Mona!"
"My apologies Master"
"My God Mona how could you be so careless?! Thanks to Jinyoung Jaebeom now knows she was from that alleyway! He'll use her and put her in danger!"
"I am sorry Master."
"UGH! AND CHRYSALIS! SHE HAD ONE RULE! NOT TO LEAVE YOUR SIDE! WHAT WAS SHE THINKING SHE COULD'VE GOTTEN HERSELF KILLED! AND HOW DARE SHE DISOBEY ME! I TOLD HER NOT TO SAY A WORD!"

Mona didn't even flinch as Mark lifted the couch in the living room and threw it at a marble pillar completely shattering it to pieces. The help had cowered away in the safety of their rooms as the entire estate shook from Mark's fury and Mona had told the girls not to leave their rooms what so ever.

The lights flickered as Mark paced back and forth with his hands entangled in his hair. Jinyoung had said he found the aura of another demon tainting the alleyway just like the other murder scenes he had investigated. Their worst fears had come true, a Doll was causing these murders. A demon was breaking the law!

What if it weren't Jinyoung hunched over in that alleyway when Chrysalis went to investigate?! What if it were a Doll ready to slash out?! Mona closed her eyes as Mark's roar echoed through the entire building and she could sense his shadow growing in size.

"She wanted to feed the less fortunate Master, that's why she was not by my side. When she insisted we wrap up her food after she was so eager to eat it I took a quick peak inside her head. I didn't think she would leave my side completely but I do commend her for her intentions. She's a good girl and I think you and I both know there is another issue here reguarding her."

She could hear the monster like breathing coming out of Mark. His shadow was towering over her standing figure, the floor shook as he trudged foward and his exhale alone was making her hair fly.

She knew very well that he went to the human world because she was there. He would have never assaulted Jinyoung in such a manner if it weren't Chrysalis who was the subject of interest.

"She is not to leave this manor again without me. Do you understand?" the low inhuman snarl would cause any normal person to run and hide and Mona sighed as he again dodged the issue at hand and she bowed respectfully.

"Yes Master"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Well that trip could've gone better....anyone else here not like eggplant? R.I.P Dessert sprawled out on the alleyway floor T^T See you all next week for another Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play?