░ Chapter 3 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: The story already has more subs than my oneshots usually get. I see you all want to play with Mark ;D ♥ Just kidding but let's meet the rest of the family shall we? Please enjoy this week's Play House m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Mark's chest shook with an amused chuckle as Chrysalis' stomach grumbled behind him.

Though she had no control of her body and her eyes were desolate her cheeks still tinted pink in embarassment.

"Hungry Pretty?"
Just a bit Master
"While you lived...out there....how did you acquire food?"
There was a restaurant not too far away that threw their scraps away at the end of the day and.....
"Enough"

Mark's eyes hardened. His mouth set in a firm line as he thought about the hardships his Dolls had endured.

Feeding out of the trash, stealing, begging, that is no way for such beautiful creatures to live.

The two walked into the black and white checkered pattern kitchen that held stainless steal appliances left and right.

There was an island counter in the center long enough to sit at least 6 people along with black stools that spun.

The huge glass double doors led outside and the smell of the flowers drifted in through the open windows.

Chrysalis was curious as to why Mark's room was so dark the first time she entered even though the whole house seemed to revolve around letting in light.

Mark wandered over to the stainless steel fridge and opened the door with a childish grin on his face.

He pulled out an Ice Tea bottle marked "Arizona" and twisted the cap off. He drunk it deliciously and smiled over at Chrysalis.

"On your off hours, no matter what time of night, you are welcome to anything in the fridge. If you ever have a request I shall let Mona know and she can fetch it for you"
That's very generous of you Master
"As my Doll I must take care of your health and well being....what's so funny Chrysalis?"
I kinda expected the food to be made of plastic Master

Mark's eyes widened at her remark then the corners of his lips curled into a beautiful smile.

"You're funny Pretty. Next you're going to tell me you saw Barbie and Ken in their dream house next door yes?"
Quite possibly Master

Mark smirked as his eyes lit blue giving her her will back. They soon rounded in alarm, a gasp escaping his mouth as he dashed forward to catch Chrysalis' falling body in his arms.

"Are you alright!?"

Her head bobbed in place and spun, landing on his shoulder.

Mark froze as he found himself face to face with her. His heart danced unevenly in his chest.

Her purple eyes were fighting to stay open, her face was pale and her lips were slightly parted.

" "

He grumbled angrily as he helped her onto one of the stools and her upper torso sprawled out on the counter top.

"What's...happening to me....."

She managed to whisper with her cheek on the cool marble.

It was the only thing her body had enough energy to do and she felt as though she were made of lead.

Mark rushed around the kitchen with inhuman like speed from cabinet to cabinet and drawer to drawer.

The blur of Mark quickly took a seat next to her as he stirred the cereal in the bowl with an abnormally large spoon.

"I apologize this is all I can muster up. Cooking isn't my forte and we don't have the time to summon the help to prepare something...."

Mark's voice was apprehensive. His cheeks were fully red with embarassment as he continued to grumble under his breath.

"Why...can't I move?"
"Don't do that, you'll hurt yourself"

Chrysalis tried to pick herself up off the counter but soon found herself crashing back down. Mark scolded her gently.

"Your body is overly exhausted Chrysalis. When I take control of you it eats up some of your energy and in this case you didn't have a lot of it to begin with. I'm sorry I was so careless."

Mark's eyebrows were furrowed as he held out the spoon carefully infront of Chrysalis' lips.

The adorable weak smile on her face was causing him to feel strange.

"What could you possibly find so amusing now?"

He scoffed rolling his eyes.

"May I speak freely Master?"
"If you must"
"You"

His cheeks tinted a light red as she chuckled weakly.

His heart was pounding and he couldn't fathom why he wasn't angry that she was antagonizing him.

He should punish her. Send a jolt of pain through her body and hear her mew in distress but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Well I'm so joyed that you find me amusing Pretty"
"I thought you'd be angry that I'm causing so much trouble......."
"You really think of me as such a monster?"
"You said you are a demon Master so I can only assume things. For example I didn't know demons blushed."
"Eat"

Mark scrunched up his face in annoyance as Chrysalis opened to eat the sugary oats.

Yes.

Yes he was angry she was causing trouble already. 

How dare she talk to him this way!

He is a demon, a wielder of magic and deadly abilities! He will not be ridiculed by a human girl! But...he did give her permission to speak freely.

"How could you break your new toy already Master. After all the trouble I went through...."
"I did not!"
"It looks like you did"
"I DID NOT!"

Mark snapped his head towards the entrance where Mona stood elegantly.

She giggled lightly at the way his lower lip curled outwards giving him the demeanor of a young boy.

"I just...got a bit carried away"

He admitted guiltyly and turned back to Chrysalis to feed her more.

His body tingled as he gazed at her sleeping figure. H

er eyes were peacefully closed and the blood was returning to her cheeks as soft breaths escaped her lips. He fought off the urge to kiss those lips.

"Where are the others?"
"Resting in bed to regain their stamina. Which is where that one should be as well. You can play with her more later"
"Do not talk to me as if I am a child Mona"
"My apologizes Master"

Mark blurred over to the sink one second to place the bowl then the next he was carrying Chrysalis' limp body bridal style.

He blurred past Mona and up the stairs to Chrysalis' room as Mona followed after him casually.

Once the door was open he quickly placed her in bed.

Taking off her shoes and headband and pulling the white blanket up to her neck he then smoothed out the creases.

He turned towards the window and snapped his fingers making a deep blue curtain appear to block the sunlight.

"She didn't want to change the room?"
"Nope, silly human"

He smiled one last time at his sleeping doll then walked over to Mona by the doorway and kissed her cheek affectionately. They closed the door behind them.

"Why are you smiling Master?"
"Pretty thought the food would be made of plastic."
"Oh dear"

Mona giggled brightly. The two headed towards the living room.

As he sat down on the couch with his arm slung gracefully across the back Mona diligently poured him a glass of amber liquid.

He nodded appreciatively and motioned for her to sit next to him.

"Is she to your liking Master?"
"Chrysalis"
"Chrysalis. Is she to your liking?"
"She's very...intriguing"

Mark chuckled as he sipped at his crystal glass and Mona frowned slightly.

"Master..."
"It's just intrigue Mona, nothing more"
"Are you sure?"

Mark shrugged his shoulders cutely. He had nothing to compare his feelings for Chrysalis to so he just classified them as "intrigue."

"Master Tuan, Lady Victoria is here"

The maid with maroon hair called out from the doorway.

She bowed respectfully as a woman dressed in a green wrapped silk dress and beige trench coat walked in.

She then bowed appreciatively to the Maid then to Mark.

Her hair was dark brown, curled and styled in a beautiful updo. 

She wore pearl drop earrings and a pearl statement necklace. Her face was spotted with light brown freckles.

She radiated class and sophistication, that of an old century European Queen. She smiled endearingly at Mona and Mark.

"Hello Mark. Lady Mona."

The two stood from the couch and walked over to their guest. Mark grabbed her hand and kissed it respectfully as Mona curtsied.

"Must Jaebeom send you everywhere? We have this fascinating human technology now known as "Cellular phones"

Mark laughed brightly as Victoria gave him a smug look that was contrast to her character. He hugged her playfully.

"And what can I do for the Grand Master?"
"He has summoned your presence"
"Again, he couldn't just call?"
"It's of great importance and can only be discussed in person"
"And you had to travel all the way here to tell me that he's calling for me? And I thought Jackson was lazy..."

Victoria glared and Mark apologized for his comment towards her Master.

"I'm coming I'm coming. Mona, the girls. Make sure they play nice with their new sister"
"You've acquired a new doll Mark?"
"Yes I have. Finally a suitable one. I think Mona was getting tired of destroying the ones that bored me"
"Awww you're growing so well Mark. I remember like it was only yesterday when you first received your vessel"

Mark smiled over at Mona fondly before heading out the door with Victoria. Mona smiled beautifully and bowed.


"She's a bit sickly isn't she?"
"Mari don't be rude!"
"Talia don't yell you'll wake her..."
"Rea aren't you interested?"
"........"


Chrysalis' eyes scrunched weakly as the chatter around her gradually increased in volume.

Her eyes fluttered open and she froze as 4 pairs of wide bright eyes were staring at her curiously.

"She's awake!"

Talia squealed in excitement while clapping her hands.

"Cause you were so loud...."
"Was not~ It was Karin!"
"I...didn't say anything....."

Chrysalis sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. She stretched her body out and felt rejuvinated after sleeping for.....

"Ummm excuse me, how long have I been asleep?"

The girl with the wispy cropped hair and thick fringe pushed her huge circular glasses up the bridge of her nose. She cocked her head to the side.

"A good 12 hours"
"12 hours??!"
"Mhmm it's 3 am"
"Ehhhhh??"

Chrysalis blinked rapidly. She faced towards the window where the moonlight was shining through blue curtains that weren't there before.

Her eyes fell upon the girl who was seated on the floor with her knees to her chest in a deep red chiffon night gown.

Her hair was slightly wavy, an ashy gray color with subtle flecks of red.

Her perfectly shaped face basked in the moonlight and as if she knew she were being observed she turned her head slowly, blinked then brought her gaze back to the window.

"That's Rea"

A girl wearing a 90's style sweartshirt and sweatpants in grey smiled at her.

Her hair was light brown and was styled in a side braid. She saluted happily.

"Hello darlin I'm Faun~ and this is Mari"

She nudged the girl wearing a silk lavender night gown with a white fluffy robe.

This girl's hair was a deep chestnut color with side bangs. She glared at Faun.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to touch me with your grubby hands"

She stuck her nose up snobbishly and puffed out her cheeks. Faun continued to poke fun at her.

"This sweetheart here is Karin~ And we met before I'm Talia!! Well sorta met, you were zombified"

Talia who was wearing a matching tank top pajamas set that was black with white lace ts draped herself over the bashful girl who was wearing a huge t-shirt like night gown with an anime character on it. She nodded at Chrysalis.

"It's nice to meet you"

Chrysalys was in awe.

They were all even more beautiful up close compared to the dim lighting she had first witnessed them in.

Their skin looked as if it were made of porcelain. Their aura was bright and they all had the same symbol under their ear which made her touch hers self-conciously.

"Nice to meet you all too, I'm Chrysalis. How...how's your head?"

She asked shyly.

Talia's eyes rounded curiously then she stuck her tongue out in realization.

"I'm alive~"
"Talia did you get into trouble again?"
"Doesn't she always Karin..."
"Faun no one asked your opinion!"
"Settle down children you're so noisy ugh"
".........."

Karin huddled a manga in her chest and blinked up at Chrysalis.

"I've never seen the Master turn someone into a Doll so fast....."

The girls all nodded in agreement.

Mari leaned over and examined Chrysalis' clothing. She made a face of disgust.

"Gross. You've been asleep all day and you're still wearing this. Change"
"I'll get her pajamas!!!"
"Talia this isn't your room you can't just go rummaging through her things!"
"Come with me~"
"Okay!"

Talia and Faun skipped over to the wardrobe.

Chrysalis gasped as she now found herself face to face with Rea. When did she get here? 

"Hello"

Rea didn't reply as her eyes continued to explore hers. Her eyes trailed all over her before she nodded and returned to her spot by the window.

"She doesn't talk much"

Karin whispered shyly and she smiled when Chrysalis did.

"So you're all....."
"The rest of Master's Dolls. As the newbee you have to do everything I say. I am the Princess afterall"
"Mari you're so full of yourself!"
"Yah! GET OFF TALIA!"

Mari glared annoyedly at Talia who was draping herself over her shoulders. The two continued to bicker loudly.

"Here, get changed and we'll get you something to eat. You missed dinner"

Faun said sweetly as she handed her a deep blue silk camisole with white detailing.

Along with matching shorts and a black kitty sweater that was slightly oversized. They had ears on the hood along with a pair of ankled fleece boot slippers.

Chrysalis nodded appreciatively then froze as everyone looked at her.

"Are...you all not going to leave?"
"We're sisters now, We'll see your one way or another~"
"TALIA!!"


 5 pairs of feet shuffled quietly in a line while one walked normally through the living room into the kitchen.

Talia dramatically flipped on the lights and quietly hissed.

"Ohhhhhh the light it burns!!....YAH" 

Faun shoved Talia to the floor and proceeded to the fridge.

Mari sat at the stool in the very center of the island and took out her compact mirror to gaze at herself.

Rea sat quietly on the floor looking out at the moon and Chrysalis blinked at Karin as she shyly held her hand out.

She slowly placed her hand in hers and Karin gave her the most adorable lopsided smile.

"The others didn't grab my hand"
"Others?"

Talia bounced into a stool and motioned for Chrysalis to sit next to her and Karin next to her.

"Since you've been asleep all day you didn't get to start training yet~ You're like an alien!"
"Takes an alien to know an alien..."
"Shut up Mari! Keep looking into that compact of yours!"
"Gladly~"

As the two bickered again Chrysalis found herself giggling to herself.

She turned to Karin who's nose was deep into her manga. Feeling eyes on her Karin lifted her gaze, her glasses falling down her nose. She smiled.

"Do you like manga?"
"I've never had the chance to read them"
"How terrible!"

Karin gasped cutely.

Faun came over laughing and sat a plate of roasted chicken, rice and veggies infront of Chrysalis who's stomach sang impatiently.

She lifted the fork and brought the tender food to . She hummed in delight and thanked Faun twice.

"How are you holding up Darlin? Judging by how long you slept Master had a field day with you"

Chrysalis' head shot up.

Was he upset that she passed out? Did he take her to her bed? Should she thank him or apologize?

"Relax he's not mad~ He was his usual self in bed if you catch my drift~"
"Talia don't make her uncomfortable she's eating!"

Faun and Talia started play fighting by swinging at each other over the counter.

The rest of the girls paid no mind and continued to do their own things.

They seemed nice. Talia said they were like sisters? That sounds nice. But Karin mentioned something about others?

"So Miss Mona hasn't had a chance to teach you anything at all?"

Mari called out, her face not leaving the mirror. Chrysalis shook her head weakly.

"Rea why don't you teach her a little something"
".......3......golden.....rules."

Chrysalis jumped as Rea now stood behind her. Her low beautiful voice caressed her ears. How did she move like that?

"What she means Darlin is the first thing Miss Mona will teach you are the 3 golden rules a Doll must follow~ Not just us Dolls but other Puppeteer's Dolls"

Faun said as she held Talia's head against the counter.

"Karin~"
"Hmmmm"
"3 golden rules go"

"1. A Doll may not injure a puppeteer or, through inaction, allow a puppeteer to come into harm.
2. A Doll must obey all orders given by puppeteers except where such orders would conflict with the first law.
3. A Doll must protect its own existence while not under the guide of the puppeteer"

Karin said robotically without lifting her head from her book.

"We're basically human Pokemon, ever play?"

Talia asked amusedly as she now held Fuan against the table top.

Fuan tapped the side in surrender. Chrysalis' eyebrows furrowed as she ate another bite of veggies.

Don't injure a puppeteer? How does a human hurt a demon?

Also how does a human protect a demon?

And how does a human girl protect her own existance in a world that's full of demons and magic and other things she never thought was possible?

"That's Master's main rules. There are others but you'll learn those later~ We Dolls have our own rules too like no borrowing clothes without permission, or stealing each other snacks, no sneaking into someone's room when they're not there and most importantly~"

"We always stick together. No matter how much I hate you all..."

Mari said closing her compact and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Love you too Mari~"
"I swear Talia!"
"Whatcha gonna do nag me to death blah blah blah"

Chrysalis turned her head towards Rea as she tapped her shoulder.

"I...hope you last longer than the others...."

"You don't have to worry about that Rea. She has a permanent spot in my collection as do all of you"
"Good Evening Master"

All the girls turned to the doorway and bowed respectfully to their Master who was leaning against the entrance with his robed arms across his chest.

An endearing smile was playing at his lips.

"How are you feeling Pretty?"
"I'm okay Master thank you"

Mark's eyes flashed a dull blue and Chrysalis felt a weak ring in her head.

And don't tell the others about the cereal incident will you. As far as they know I had to carry you from my bed to yours like I did to them many times before.
Yes Master


His eyes flashed once more and he was out of her head.

Talia squealed at the top of her lungs.

"Did Master just say we're a complete set now!? Oh my gosh!"

Everyone cheered equally as loudly, even Rea had the hint of a smile on her face. Her fist slightly raised.

Why are they so happy?

Mark walked over to Chrysalis and smirked down at here, admiring the adorable choice of night wear she was sporting.

"Unless you all don't approve of Chrysalis? Then I can easily dispose of her just like the rest....."

The seal under her ear started to burn at Mark's dark words and all the girls whined.

"She's fine she doesn't seem as annoying as Talia so I approve"
"Mari I'm gonna take that compact and shove it up your.....OH! I like her too~"
"She held my hand...and we can read Manga together..."
"The little Darlin is sweet I like her~"
"........happy....."

The burning stopped and Mark smiled down at her.

"Seems I'm not the only one you've captivated. Welcome to my Play House Pretty"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author Note: They seem like a nice bunch ~ Next we'll learn more about the rules \o/ See you all then~ Everyone don't stay up too late on your Cellular phones :D Who's your favorite Doll so far?

PS# Sorry I dont know why the format messes up towards the end :(