░ Chapter 5 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author note: It's currently my birthday (3/18) but I can't incorporate it into this story because it's too new so I want you all to know that I'm writing this on my birthday and I'm enjoying myself very much xD Writing for you makes me happy so now let's find our way out of this Maze shall we? Please enjoy this week'sPlayhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Mark hummed cutely as he zipped Chrysalis' deep blue gym uniform hoodie all the way to the top and kissed the tip of her nose which made her blush pink as Talia and Faun giggled.

It was 8 o' clock in the morning and it felt as though all that sunshine she had experienced in the garden yesterday was just an illusion. It was cold, dark, the air was shrouded in a thick fog and it made the hedges of the maze look even more massive than it already was.

The entrance was especially eerie. A grey stone arc worn down by erosion and nature to the point it looked like it could collapse at any moment and thick thorns sticking out from vines that looked like they could be moving.

Looking down the dark road ahead that seemed to just swallow up light made her stomach queezy and she had this unnerving feeling that something inside was watching her. Waiting for her.

The Maze was simple. Mark and Mona's groups enter from different sides of the maze and try to be the first to reach the floating crystal in the center that zaps you back to the entrance.

Of course that sounds simple, aside from the fact that there are monsters inside, traps, anything that will keep you from getting to where you wanted to be. You weren't only fighting the other team, you were fighting the Maze that Master Mark had created from his own twisted imagination.

It was training for Mark and Mona because they would be activating all 3 dolls at the same time. They saw what the dolls saw, and they would give commands but the further into the maze they were the weaker the connection they had so this excersise would be to strengthen that and this was the girl's training to see how'd they do on their own.

"Are you sure you'll be able to watch both Chrysalis and Faun?"

Mark asked concernedly as he adjusted Talia's twin tails and she nodded determindedly.

"Have I ever let you down Master~?"
"Do you really want me to answer that?"

She pouted and crossed her arms bashfully as Mark kissed her forehead. Talia would be able to watch over the girls but once she was going head to head with Rea they were on their own.

Faun rolled up her sweatpant leg up to her knee and pulled down her zipper half way exposing the white t-shirt underneath and Mark chuckled in amusement as she began to stretch over exaggeratively.

"Excited Faun?"
"As a pageant doll Master I don't get to do alot of rough housing so I'm ready to rumble!"

Chrysalis clasped her hands behind her back and leaned back and forth nervously. This sounded like an extremely dangerous game that she was just being thrown into. What would she do? How should she act? Can she survive?

Mark walked over to the anxious Chrysalis and lifted her head with his hand and smiled reassuringly.

"I won't let anything happen to you Chrysalis, trust me."
"Yes Master"
"That's my girl"

He placed a lingering kiss on her forehead. He didn't mean to but his insides were churning with unease at the thought of sending Chrysalis inside of the maze. In fact he's never felt so uneasy about letting a Doll inside of the maze ever which was a foreign feeling.

Chrysalis winced lightly as the seal on her neck lit up sending a heat wave all through her body. It was painful but bearable. She watched as Talia waddled over to a broken down marble statue and slid her hand across the cold surface.

In a heart beat Talia did a spin kick and shattered the stone as if she were a rock through a glass window and Chrysalis' mouth dropped in amazement. Faun blurred from the house and back to the maze and chuckled when Talia called her a show off.

"Go ahead Pretty, give it a try"
"What do I do Master?"
"Close your eyes and feel the power and just go from there"

She felt the pressure when the three stood to the side of her watching in anticipation. Must he like this? Why can't he just control her so she knew what she was capable of?

"Because that would ruin the fun Pretty and I do not tease"

Mark smirked handsomely and Chrysalis bowed her head respectfully forgetting that he could see into her thoughts. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

At first all she felt was that painful feeling of when you get pins and needles in your leg and limp around but it slowly died down to a buzzing numbing pain. She felt her senses heighten. The drops of dew falling from the leaves sounded like they were crashing to the earth and the aroma of the opening flowers were almost overwhelming.

Chrysalis almost felt....free? It felt as though gravity had no affect on her, she felt weightless.

"BOO!"

Talia screamed suddenly and her eyes flew open and Chrysalis found herself airborn. She was a good 10 feet in the air, looking down at the ground beneath her and the excited expressions on everyone's face.

It was as if she fluttered to a halt at the top of the arc and she stood there gracefully with open in awe. That was liberating. Exciting. Mark held his arms open and Chrysalis let herself free fall as if she were an autumn leaf leaving the safety of it's branch.

Once safely on the ground she wrapped her arms softly around Mark's waist who smiled into her hair to hide his reddening cheeks but she couldn't help but notice how fast his heart was beating.

"Just like that Pretty. You truely are captivating."
"I helped!"

Talia stuck her tongue out playfully then giggled as Chrysalis blurred over to her for a hug and everyone was taken by surprise when she started to laugh brightly.

"This is so fun! Thank you Master Mark"

Mark's eyes rounded in surprise. No one's ever thanked him for such a thing before. As he watched Chrysalis laugh with the rest of the girls his chest ached but not in a painful way but in a way he was almost envious, as if he wanted her to smile and laugh with him like that.

"What do we get if we win Master~?"
"Freedom of chores tomorrow"
"WOW REALLY!?"

The girls stood at the entrance in an orderly fashion. Talia was in the lead, followed by Chrysalis then Faun who would be watching from behind.

"Talia your sisters"
"I won't let anything happen to them Master."
"Good girl now let's play"

With that the girls ventured into the eerie maze with their heads held high. The temperature seemed to drop the further and further inside they traveled and any sound was being swallowed up by the thorns so all that could be heard were their footsteps and breathing.

"Not so bad is it Pretty? Talia take a right"
"Yes Master"

His voice echoed in all their heads and the more commands he gave the more Chrysalis felt like a real life pawn in a chess game with Master as the King, Talia the Knight and Faun the bishop.

More than once Faun had to remind her to watch her stepping or else the thorns would entrap her if she touched them. Growls could be heard from every corner but the thing that frightened Chrysalis the most was the sound of steel dragging along the ground.

"What's that sound?"
"Something we need to avoid so don't make a sound"

Talia said seriously as her eyes darted around the area. Master Mark's commands have been coming in less frequently and when they did they were barely a whisper which alerted her senses to be extra careful.

Chrysalis turned to Faun who was checking moss on a rock to determine which direction they should go to next.

"Faun do you know what that sound is?"
"I've never actually seen what makes the noise but if it's anything like how Rea and Talia described it then I don't want to. They say it's as if it crawled out of someone's nightmare."
"Hey"

Chrysalis and Faun turned their attention towards Talia who was in serious thought. Should she ask this? She really shouldn't but here goes.

"The way you fluttered at the entrance Chrysalis, can you do it again? Just to see how much further to the center? I've never actually moved like that and I've never seen Faun or the others do it, it's as if you're actually flying."

Talia was taken back when Chrysalis nodded determinedly. She didn't want to feel useless so the fact there was something she could do that the others couldn't made her feel happy.

She tapped her right leg to the ground and became airborn. Weightless. and as Talia said she fluttered in the air almost flying. The maze looked absolutely endless to be honest. Countless turns and roads but she did manage to see a major clearing in the center. Was that it?

"So Chrysalis?"
"We still have a way to go....huh.....AHHHHHH!!!"
"CHRYSALIS!"

Mark's gaze darkened the moment his connection with his Dolls began to weaken. Sure there was some improvement since the last time he played but not by much.

He tapped his fingers impatiently against the stoney armchair he had created. He could barely make out what the girls were seeing at this point and it was making him uneasy. The Ripper was close by he knew that much and if the girls weren't prepared it could mean trouble.

"How's it going on your end Mona?"
"Karin got ensnared by the vegetation Master and Mari is having a laughing fit"

Mark chuckled and shook his head. His poor baby Doll, she definitely deserves a new Manga today.

"How about you Master how is Chrysalis holding up?"
"She seems to be handling the situation well but I've lost sight of them and I'm worried"
"Worried I'll win Master?"
"I've never lost Mona and I don't plan on starting now"

Mark became alert as a sharp screech echoed in his mind. His Dolls were yelling in distress. He furrowed his brows and tried to collect his thoughts to make the image in his mind clear and he gasped.

While in the air Chrysalis was grabbed by the silk thread of the black widow and was being pulled towards it's area and Talia and Faun couldn't find the proper passage to get to her. Dead end after dead end was making the girls frantic.

"Talia. Faun. Can you hear me?"
"Barely Master!"
"At the fork up ahead take a left and prepare for battle"
"Yes Master!"


Chrysalis frantically fought with the sticky silk thread wrapped around her ankle as the 6 foot black spider with the red design on it's body treaded closer and closer with its pincers dripping with a foul substance.

It was covered in a thick coat of hair and it's smell was repulsive and the look of it's eight legs made goose bumps rise on her arms.

She could see her reflection in all of it's eyes and she screamed as it lunged but soon heard it shriek in pain. 

"BATTER UP!"

Faun yelled as she pounded the spider once again with a large branch, knocking it back a few feet. Talia came over and slashed the thread with a jagged rock and gathered the frightened Chrysalis in her arms.

"Don't worry we're here"
"HEY BATTER BATTER SWING!"

Another shrill cry of pain echoed in the air and Chrysalis burried her face deeper into Talia's chest and started to cry.

"Hold on"

Talia reluctantly let go of the sobbing girl and blurred over to push Faun out of the way from the spider's acid spit that splattered a bit on her uniform causing it to sizzle and disintergrate.

She flew into the air and her leg came crashing down with such an impact that the spider ripped in half earning a squeal of disgust from Faun. The legs shriveled up around it's body as it's black blood flooded around it's carcus.

"Faun how many times have I told you to stop playing with these things and just kill them!"
"I was just having fun...."
"Does she look like she's having fun?!"

Talia scolded Faun and pointed over to Chrysalis who was holding herself with tears still falling. She was all for fun but since it was Chrysalis' first time in the maze they needed to leave as quickly as they could so she'd be able to attain more training to survive the situation both physically and mentally.

"Awww I'm sorry Darlin"

Faun blurred over and helped Chrysalis to her feet and wiped her tears. Chrysalis was terrified, this place was a nightmare. 6 foot spiders shouldn't exist! Especially acid spitting ones that could obliterate her in a second.

"Good job ladies"
"Thank you Master"

Talia replied frustratedly. This was bad. All that racket not only slowed them down but now she could sense the Ripper close by.

"If it makes you feel better Talia, Mari was d by a troll"

Mark joked, trying to lighten his Ace Doll's anxious mood. Or was he just trying to steady his uneven breathing and regain his composure after smashing his stone seat when he witnessed Chrysalis' crying form.

It was careless of him to send her in with no preparation, he's never been so careless when it came to the safety of his Dolls. 

"I should just retrieve her...."
"If you do that Master then you lose"

Mona and he was not in a gaming mood. His inner demon growled at the threat of a defeat but something inside begged him to collect Chrysalis now. What was going on with him?

Faun held onto Chrysalis' hand tightly as they walked directly behind Talia while checking behind them from time to time. Faun could feel the anxiety rolling off Talia in waves and it was beginning to frighten her, the usually energetic Talia was gone.

Feeling her sister's apprehension Talia took a deep breath and tried to contol her feelings. They were counting on her to get them safely out of the maze and that's what she was going to do whether Master told her to or not.

Chrysalis finally stopped crying and tried to keep a level head after Talia explained that they could feel what each other were feeling and her uneasiness was messing with her senses.

They froze in their tracks. The sound of steel grazing across the floor was even more eminent now.

""

Talia's gaze narrowed as she listened carefully. It was close. Too close and there was nowhere to run. Master's greatest creation for his maze brought his demon side a sick pleasure and instilled fear and dread in the Dolls. She faced it once with Rea and once was enough for a lifetime but luck was not on her side.

They reached a four way cross section. The air was thick, their vision distorted by the dense fog and the girls huddled together glancing in all directions.

"LOOK OUT!"

Talia quickly pulled the 2 girls down as a huge scythe sliced through the air barely missing their heads. She didn't even hear it's massive footsteps against the ground that's how deadly this thing was.

"WHAT WAS THAT!?"
"DON'T ASK JUST RUN!"

The three girls blurred as fast as they could and just as Talia feared the Ripper had locked onto them and was blurring after them with equal speed.

"THERE!"

Faun yelled pointing towards the center clearning and Chrysalis's breath was caught in . What monstrosity was attacking them now?! 

"MOVE!"

Talia pushed the two girls further towards the clearing and she screamed in agony as the handle of the scythe collided with her rib cage and the sound of shattering bones made Chrysalis sick.

She picked herself slowly off the ground and wiped the blood from her smirking lips. 

"I'm going to enjoy taking that thing and ramming it right up your porcelain "

The 20 foot black shadow became visible through the fog and Faun and Chrysalis shrieked in fear. It was a doll. A porcelain doll with it's face shattered and an eye missing.

It was wearing a deep blue Victorian style dress and a bonnet over its thick curly orange hair and carrying a scythe about twice the size of itself. The blackness of missing porcelain was unsettling and the rest of any limbs that was visible was also covered in cracks. This was straight out of a little girl's nightmare!

It's one eye locked onto Talia and though it was virtually impossible it looked as if though it's lips curled into a devilish smirk.

"Master we may have a situation"
"What's wrong Mona"
"My girls too are being pursuited by the red Ripper and heading straight your way"
"That does sound like a situation"
"Shall we collect the Dolls Master?"
"No"
"But"
"No"

Talia flew into the air and rammed the Ripper's porcelain face with her fist and she smiled in satisfaction when she heard it shatter under her touch but she was soon swatted away by it's huge hand.

"What do we do what do we do oh my gosh what do we do?!"
"GET TO THE CRYSTAL FAUN!"
"WE'RE NOT GOING TO LEAVE YOU!"

Talia was fully aware Faun was dead serious and blurred over to them and Chrysalis sobbed as she watched Talia's hoodie become soaked with the blood from her rib injury.

Talia patted her head and smiled reassuringly.

"Don't worry I'll be fine just sore in the morning but first we have to make it till then! GO!"

The girls blurred towards the clearing but they all started to scream as vines shot out of the hedges and entangled them with the Ripper right behind them.

"HELP!"
"HELP US TOO!"

Mari blurred over from the other side of the clearing and shredded the vines apart with her bare hands. The four girls flew back as the scythe cut through the air and became trapped in the dirt.

"Friend of yours?"
"MARI!"

Karin cried out from behind Rea who was fighting off the Red Ripper with a makeshift sword made from the tip of it's scythe that she managed to break off with a well timed kick. Two Rippers. Six Dolls. Only two were fully trained in combat but they had to protect their friends. How would they survive?

This was the sick part. Mona and Mark only had to get them to the center. It's up to the Dolls to make it to the crystal and the demon and his marionette watched in amusement at their dire situation.

"Plan we need a plan!" Faun screeched as she ran through the Red Ripper's legs with Chrysalis dragging behind her
"We'll distract them and you four make it to the crystal" Rea said as she flew into the air and knocked the Red Ripper back
"Like hell! We're not leaving without you!" Mari exclaimed as she pulled Karin onto her back and flew backwards to avoid the Blue Ripper
"Rea and I can handle it go!"

Talia latched onto the handle of the scythe and tried to pull it out of the Doll's grasp but she was only sent flying with incredible force.

"GET TO THE CRYSTAL!"
"Come on Chrys"

Faun blurred over to the the crystal as Mari threw Karin into it and followed right after her.

"YAH!"

Chrysalis' head snapped towards Talia's crying form as she was held pinned under the scythe handle and she released Faun's hand as she touched the crystal and blurred over to Talia's side.

She tried to move the scythe off but the Ripper was too strong and Rea was too preoccupied with the other Ripper.

"CHRYS.....RUN......"

Talia's cries were getting weaker and Chrysalis' chest ached. With tears streaming down her face she fluttered into the air and ducked behind the huge Doll and latched onto to it's neck and started dragging it from side to side.

"LEAVE HER ALONE YOU BIG BULLY!"

The Doll teetered under Chrysalis' force but it's arms were to short to reach it's neck to swat her off. Rea blurred over and grabbed Talia's body from the ground and she climbed the Ripper to retrieve Chrysalis and dove straight for the crystal and the girl's vanished just before the other Ripper's scythe could slice their beings.


Back at the entrance the six exhausted girls huddled together relieved as Mark and Mona walked over and the dark applause from Mark echoed through Chrysalis' soul.

"You did very well ladies. Didn't I tell you Mona? I never lose, my team arrived first"
"Yes Master"

Mari pulled her hair free of her ponytail and fell back onto the ground.

"That was the most intense Maze match ever. Talia I hate to admit it but you kicked "

Talia sat up slowly and got rid of her hoodie and examined her injuries that were already beginning to heal thanks to the demonic power.

"I have my moments. You should've seen Faun bash that Tarantula like it was pinata!"
"It was a Black Widow Talia"
"TomAto TomAHto Miss Mona"

Karin blurred from the house and back to Rea and handed her a bottle of water and a chocolate chip cookie and Rea questioned the sweet confection.

"It's my favorite cookie. Thank you for saving me"

Rea nodded and patted Karin's head that ducked straight back into her manga despite her tattered appearance.

"And Pretty did amazing didn't she? Taking on that Ripper"
"Did she?! She let go of my hand and I didn't see the Darlin appear next to me"
"Hell yeah she latched onto the Ripper and helped me get out of a pinch! SHE WAS SO CUTE CALLING IT A BIG BULLY!"
"She..... did well"
"Wow a compliment from Rea consider yourself lucky~"
"Don't be jealous Mari~!"
"SHUT UP TALIA!"

Everyone turned their attention towards Chrysalis and their eyes widened. She was....staring at them with pure terror in her eyes. They just went through hell and back and everyone's laughing it off as if it were nothing. Why were they laughing?! They could've been killed! She was there when Talia's ribs shattered! She almost got eaten by a huge spider!

Mark blurred over to the frightened girl and tried to soothe her but she screamed and swatted his hand away.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"
"Chrysalis...."
"NO! NO! THIS IS MADNESS! I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE!"

As tears streamed down her face Chrysalis blurred back to the house leaving Mark with a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. What was this feeling?

"Shall I go fetch her Master?" Mona asked concernedly as the girls looked on with sad expressions on their faces. They've been there. The first Maze game is always the hardest and it only made things worse that this was by far the most terrifying match they've ever experienced.

"No, I shall console her. Mona you tend to the rest of my Prettys. Good job all of you I commend you for trying to stick together and applaud Rea and Talia for their bravery. No one is free of chores tomorrow. A team that fights together cleans together~ The best prize is a lesson well learned!"

"MASTER!!!"

The 4 girls groaned in unison and fell back onto the grass as if children throwing a tantrun and Rea continued to nibble cutely on her cookie.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Please don't have nightmares about giant spiders and killer dolls okay? okay~ See you all next week for another episode of the Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play?