░ Chapter 26 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: A week keeps feeling like forever doesn't it? I hope you guys are still with me and enjoying~ Last time we had a good cry with Mari as Jinyoung crushed her hopes and dreams because he's a specist prick! Chrysalis and Mark are officially Demon and Deity and life is good! Well...it was good.....Please enjoy this week's Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play? (Happy 140+ subs \o/)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Mark watched them silently from the shadows where he couldn't be seen. The scene playing out in front of him was absolutely and completely agonizing. Each smile his raven haired Deity flashed at the young man whom he didn't recognize as she clung onto his arm happily had Mark's heart shatter in his chest.

His breathing was heavy, his forehead coated in a light coat of sweat and his eyes glistened with unshed tears that refused to fall as he called out to her but no sound came from his mouth.

They finally looked over in his direction but the purple eyes of the girl he's come to adore more than life itself didn't recognize him. She stood on her toes and whispered into the young man's ear and they laughed and turned away from him.

They were getting further and further out of his vision. He panicked and tried to run after her but his body was frozen. Blood thrashed in his ears, a haunting and deafening sound.

His mind grew hazy, his eyes burning as the tears of anguish finally fell. Dropping to his knees he let out a blood curdling scream of pure torment and suffering that was swallowed up by the surrounding darkness.

"Come back.....come back! Please.....don't leave me.....don't leave me all alone!"


Mark whimpered in his sleep. His half body tangled in his sheets was coated in a cold sweat as one hand clutched onto the silk fabric desperately, knuckles turning white, and the other reached over looking for peace.

He stirred awake as his hand continued to feel around the empty space. Propping himself up on his elbows, eyes bloodshot and swollen, breathing shallow and quick his heart began to race as he realized the person he was so desperately looking for wasn't there.

"Chrysalis....."

He whispered weakly, his voice strained, as he looked around the room but she was no where in sight. Clumsily he dragged himself out of bed. Following the internal pull he rushed to the door and threw it open and he had never felt more relieved in his life than in that moment.

She had felt him calling to her while she was in the kitchen preparing a special breakfast for him. As she tried to arrange the food decoratively on the plate her chest ached unbearably and her eyes began to water.

With the plate in her hands she rushed up to Mark's room and as soon as she arrived breathlessly he opened the door. He looked completely disheveled. His eyes were swollen, his skin pale and his lower lip quivered.

With no regard to what she was holding he immediately grabbed her in his arms. The porcelain plate shattered on the ground as he buried his face into her neck. His racing heart slowed as she wrapped her arms around his waist tightly.

"What happened Mark?"

She asked concernedly with her brows furrowed and her eyes scared. He shook his head and remained silent as he kept holding her. Finally pulling back he forced a smile on his face to appease her apprehension and he kissed her thumb as she wiped his tears away.

"Just a bad dream that's all....I'm sorry to have worried you Pretty"
"Worried me? You had me scared to death. I felt like I was suffocating or something......why were you feeling that way?"

She frowned as he shrugged his shoulders. Glancing down at the floor he smirked at the food sprawled out around their feet.

"What's this?"

With a snap of his fingers the scraps sparkled and re-formed perfectly in his hand and Chrysalis looked away bashfully with blushing cheeks. The pancakes she had prepared were in the shapes of bears. Very poorly formed bears with chocolate chip decorations.

She sliced up strawberries to resemble blooming flowers, very sad blooming flowers and filled them with whip cream. The scrambled eggs were crumbled and coated in a layer of melted cheese that oozed over the side of the plate.

Shoving her hands into her pockets she shifted her weight from foot to foot as Mark popped a strawberry into his mouth and he hummed in approval.

"I wanted to make you breakfast.....but it didn't turn out the way I had hoped....."
"It's the most delicious thing I've ever eaten Chrysalis, thank you."

Chrys looked up with her eyes sparkling and Mark's eyes dimly glowed in content from seeing her so happy. She stood on her toes and kissed his nose but as she turned to head back to the kitchen with the rest of the girls she yelped as he held her by the strap of her denim jumper.

"Do you really think you can hide that from me?"
"Hide what? YAH!"

Demonstrating his inhuman strength Mark wrapped one arm around her waist while holding his food in the other and he lifted her right off the ground effortlessly with her legs kicking in the air.

Placing her on the edge of the bed she refused to take her hands out of her pockets causing him to tickle her until she begged him to stop with teary eyes. Her hands were covered in bandages, no doubt from her artistic endeavor of making him breakfast.

Holding her hands to his lips he activated her seal to heal her skin and she pouted as he removed each soiled bandage.

"Why are you making such a face?"
"I didn't ask you to heal them....."
"You were hurt Chrysalis of course I had to do something."
"Getting hurt is a part of life Mark."
"Was a part of life. I will never allow you to get hurt so long as I'm alive." 

He flashed her a devilishly handsome smile, fangs and all and his eyes rounded as she grunted and attempted to crawl away from him. She mewed as he pulled her back by the ankle and he laid on top of her, crushing her under his weight making her giggle.

"Don't be mad at me♥"

He coo-ed sweetly while nibbling on her ear and Chrys flailed her legs in an attempt to buck the Demon off her but it was futile.

"I'm not mad!"
"Yes you are! I'm sorry those cuts meant so much to you?? Would you like me to bite your finger tips hahaha"
"It's not the same!"
"What none sense are you spouting!?"

Seizing her movement Chrys sighed into the mattress and laid her head on the side so Mark could kiss her cheek.

"They were like battle wounds. I got them while making your food and they were a remembrance of how hard I worked for you...."
"I was not aware you were so sentimental Pretty"
"Stop teasing me"
"I'm not teasing. I just find something new to love about you everyday that's all."


"If you keep making that face Darlin it's gonna get stuck like that"

Despite her words Chrysalis continued to frown with her head in her hands as she sat on the couch in the living room. Faun was carrying on with her chores and Chrys wanted nothing more than to carry on with her own, but Mark had relieved her of all Doll responsibilities.

He had declared aside from the seal on her neck she was no longer in any way shape or form one of his Dolls. No matter how much she argued she didn't want anything to change a Demon was born with stubbornness unmatched by that of a human so he easily got his way.

"But it's not fair."
"It's not fair to have the lady of the house doing such things~"
"I'm not the lady of the house....."
"Sure Darlin keep telling yourself that. We already told you we have no problem with this arrangement."
"But I do"

Faun laughed as she pulled the broom away from Chrys' side as she reached for it. Mari came down the stairs with a duster in her hand and she smiled over her shoulder as she dusted the beams.

"You're like a Princess Chrys. I have alot of movies like that~ You know The Prince and Me and The Maid in Manhattan and such......."

Chrys sighed deeply but smiled. It was nice to see Mari happy again. For a while she had scared everyone in the manor by roaming around dressed entirely in black, totally opposite of her constantly pastel pink fashion.

She said she wanted to dress as she felt. Her voice was low and Shakespearean like as she spoke like she was drifting away constantly and the girls were surprised the Princess knew how to draw on her eyeliner that thick and black. She was the personification of heart break but thank goodness that's passed.

"Lady Chrysalis? A letter has arrived for Master Tuan."

A young maid called from the hallway and as Chrys arrived in front of her she bowed and held the cream envelope out with both hands.

"You don't have to call me that and you really don't have to bow it's not necessary."
"You are the Master's Deity Lady Chrysalis. Such actions are mandatory whether you approve of them or not."

Chrys grabbed the letter and thanked the maid then turned to face Mona and the Marionette smiled as Chrys frowned.

"I'll never get used to you calling me that Miss Mona."
"Neither I will get used to calling you that Lady Chrysalis."
"It's so weird"
"Weird indeed"

Mona giggled and added insult to injury by bowing as Chrys walked by her and the raven haired girl whined.

"Enter"

Before Chrys could knock on the double doors of her room Mark had called out to her. He was at his desk working on things for Master Jaebeom and she wouldn't say it out loud but he looked very attractive at the moment.

His hair was slightly spiked but it still looked soft to touch. He supported his head with his hand, his face illuminated by his desk lamp and his reading glasses perched precariously on his nose bridge.

His white dress shirt was ed at the top revealing his muscular chest and over all he was the perfect picture of sophistication and class yet here she was in a denim jumper and converse.

"If you're not going to walk towards me soon Pretty I will be forced to go over there and carry you"

He joked whimsically and Chrys smiled. Pulling his chair out he motioned for her to sit in his lap and he frowned as she shook her head.

"You're busy and I don't want to disturb you"
"But I want you to disturb me. You trump all Pretty, I'd drop anything for you"

Completely weak against that boy-ish smile Chrys sighed and sat in his lap and he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder.

"It's your room as well, you don't have to knock to enter. But I do find it amusing when you do so"

He caught her hand before it reached for the files on his desk. Documents of reported missing Demons, photos of young girls that she assumed were Dolls and out of the corner of her eye she could see a photo from the crime scene where Mark killed the Rogue Doll.

Brushing her hair to the side Mark kissed her neck softly.

"What brings you here Beautiful?"
"A letter arrived for you"
"From whom?"
"I'm not sure. The maid said it was left on the doorstep."

Chrys shivered as he rubbed the bare skin of her thigh and he smirked against her skin.

"No Chrysalis."
"I didn't even say anything"
"You didn't have to. I know what you're thinking and the answer is still no."
"But Mark I want to do something please! I can still be a Doll and your Deity......"

She grabbed his hand as it ventured upwards and turned to peer at him with sad eyes. He matched her frown and kissed her lips softly.

"Why can't you just allow me to pamper you like the Goddess that you are? And you still do Doll like things, like I admire your beauty everyday."
"You're being unreasonable. I had more freedom as your Doll than as your Deity."

She crossed her arms across her chest and Mark was feeling a strange mix of annoyance and arousal as she glared at him. As a Doll she would never act in such a way with him.

Removing his glasses he chewed on the end seductively, his gaze darkening and becoming lust filled and Chrys shivered with anticipation but kept her upset expression.

"So what are you going to do about it?"
"If you won't allow me to work then I refuse to make love to you....."
"Oh? Really?"

Goosebumps rose on her skin as Mark brushed her arm with his fingers. His voice dropped to a sultry whisper, smooth and velvet like and he his lips making her want to bite them.

"Then that would hurt both of us now wouldn't it? Mmm I felt your attraction towards me as you walked in through the door.........."

She gulped nervously as he began to his shirt revealing his toned torso to her, his eyes pinning her in place and she shook her head.

"You want me as bad as I want you and you should know aside from being stubborn a Demon is also rather....impatient?"

He teased light heartedly and Chrys yelped as he grabbed her and blurred her over to the bed. You win this round Mark Tuan.

Mona had brought the rest of the girls to watch the opening night production put on by Master Jaebeom's Dolls leaving Mark and Chrysalis alone. Chrysalis was eager to join them as well but after her bout of tangled limbs and passion with her Demon it left her completely exhausted.

Dressed in sweatpants and one of his over sized cotton shirts Chrysalis walked into her room towel drying her hair then froze in fear. Sunmi paced around as she held herself and as she looked over her shoulder her face looked completely distraught.

"Oh thank God Chrysalis!"
"Stay back!"

Chrys held her hands up defensively and took steps away from the Demon woman that almost killed them with her poisonous perfume.

"Wait! Just listen to me!"
"I'll scream! Don't come any further!"
"Chrysalis for christ's sake Mark's in danger!"


"Why is this so complicated?!"
"I don't understand how you can find arranging fruit so complicated Master. It's not like you prepared the pastry or custard and such."

Mark glared at his head maid playfully as he continued to concentrate on his task at hand. While Chrysalis was in the bath he had decided to repay her for breakfast by making her a dessert but he was not born with any skill in the culinary field what so ever.

Not able to watch her Master destroy her kitchen anymore Lillith had finally aided Mark in his endeavor, helping him create a lovely tart. He sliced his fingers with the knife as he cut up the fruit, burned his skin as he pulled the tart out of the oven and no scars were left as he healed but he now understood how Chrysalis felt this morning.

It was a lovely and rewarding feeling doing something so small yet meaningful for someone you cared about. As he was preoccupied Lillith grabbed the cream envelope from the table that had Mark's name on it written in beautiful silver script.

"Is this not the letter Chrysalis delivered to you earlier today? Why have you not opened it yet?"
"I got distracted hahaha Read it to me Lillith if you'd be so kind."

He stuck his tongue out cutely as he sprinkled chocolate chips over the whip cream and Lillith gasped.

"It reads: A life for a life. Let's play."

Mark snapped his head up alertly and blurred over to snatch the message from her hands. The silver was that of the Rogue Doll's eyes and aura, there is no way this was a coincidence.

"Chrysalis...."

He rushed to the bath house just to find it empty. Calling out her name worriedly he blurred all around the manor before arriving at their room. Why didn't he feel the pull!?

Barging into the room his heart sank to his stomach. She wasn't in here. Her towel was left on the floor and as he looked over at the open window he growled as someone closed the door behind him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here!?"

Mark snarled and pinned Sunmi by the neck to the wall. She clawed at his unyielding hold making his eyes flicker dangerously.

"She's gone.......Chrysalis is gone!"

As if a switch had flipped Mark froze and loosened his grip. He felt as though the wind was knocked out of him and he staggered back grabbing his pulsing head with the message fluttering to the floor.

Choking for air Sunmi looked over at Mark with teary eyes.

"You're lying.....you're lying! I swear to God if you've hurt her!"
"I swear I did nothing! I came over to apologize for my wrong doing, to beg for forgiveness and just as I arrived I caught her climbing out of the window. I tried to persuade her to stay because I know how much you love her but she said she couldn't stand it here anymore. She said she felt suffocated and she needed to get away from you. I'm so sorry Mark."

She....she left because of him?

I'm not mad
You're being unreasonable
I want to do something
I had more freedom as your Doll than your Deity


"Where is she?....."

He whispered breathlessly. He asked again and again and again and Sunmi flinched as he began to destroy everything in his room in a fit of rage. With tears streaming down his face he roared till his throat was raw.

His desk was shattered, his bed torn in half, papers all over the floor but nothing helped to ease the deadly pain coursing through his veins. As he sobbed on his knees, completely broken from the inside out Sunmi walked over and grabbed his face in her hands and her chest pained.

"Where is she......"

He whimpered heart brokenly. His eyes were blank as if he were now an empty husk of the man he once was.

"I can take you to her. Do you want me to?"
"Please.....please....."

His heart jumped at the hope of seeing Chrysalis' face again, his demeanor child like. All his reasoning and sense gone in his completely vulnerable state he grabbed Sunmi's hands desperately and begged her.

As his body shivered she pulled him into a comforting embrace and smirked behind his back with her eyes flashing a shade of bright silver.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author Note: Dude I don't even know what to say. Poor Mark. Sunmi what are you up to? Why do bad things always happen at the most inopportune times like when no ones home!? Chrys where did you go!? We'll find out next week on another Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play?

PS# I'll be opening up a oneshot/scenario request thingy soon so keep a look out \o/

Plug: It's not for anything this time, you don't have to watch it~ I still can't thank you guys enough for watching my video before that got me my app from my mom :) Authornim just really likes to sing and since it's GOT7 related I thought I'd share it here as well since well it's a G7 story~ Who's ready for their comeback!? I am! Who's ready for Authornim aegyo!? ........nope >_> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T425FNzzSVE