░ Chapter 20 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: It feels so strange being on Chapter 20. Before I wrote the story I was concerned no one would actually get into it and now wow 20 chapters thats literally like 140 pages worth of words on Word xD♥ If only school papers were this easy to write lol Please enjoy this week's Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Silence.
Complete.
Silence.

Deep down they knew it was silly of them to be acting this way still but after what they had gone through the five girls stared at the fruit bowl on the kitchen table as if it were going to explode at any moment.

Just the sight of the various fruits had the girls' stomachs churning and their bodies shivering. As the group stood by the entrance Rea walked over and picked up a peach and examined it closely. She sniffed it then placed it back down.

Looking back at the girls she put a thumb up in the air and the girls sighed in relief. Since Rea was so knowledgeable about flora and plants she had become the official Doll fruit inspector and the girls went no where near the produce without her approval.

"What are you all doing?"

The girls yelped as Mark leaned his head in behind them and startled them playfully. He couldn't be mad at them for acting the way they were but still he thought it was completely ridiculous.

"And Rea? How are this week's fruits?"
"Clean Master."

He chuckled and shook his head. His eyes lit up and each of his six seals came alive, his Dolls stiff and with eyes life less.

"We're going to play a little game. Do you all want to play?"
Yes Master

Faun groaned as she tried to stretch in the small cramped space of the gardening shed outside near the maze. The lawn mower was jabbing her ribs, her feet were getting tangled in the green hose and she was pretty sure her hair had gotten caught in a spider web.

"The things I do for Master......"

It was basically a game of Hide and Seek but Puppeteer training version. Mark would blind his vision so all he saw was blackness. With enough practice and concentration he should be able to see his soul resonating in the girls no matter how far away from them he is and whether they were outside or not.

Karin and Herbert splashed each other playfully as they hid in the fountain in front of the manor. The sun was bright and the temperature was just right so they thought they'd find a fun place to hide and what was more fun than the running fountain.

She gasped as she heard the front door open and she ducked down behind the marble and Herbert dove under the water. Mark walked slowly while holding his hands out to guide him in his blind state.

It would be so much easier to be Jinyoung and be able to see the auras without completely blinding himself but life wasn't easy. He could clearly see the blue light in the fountain and he felt a small sense of pride that he was able to pin point it from the other side of the manor.

"I see you"

He teased as he slowly approached the fountain and Karin gasped and quickly blurred away from his reach and Mark cursed. Finding them was one thing but catching them was proving more of a problem.

Quickly he moved his head around and once again pin pointed the blue aura and he quickly blurred after it and Karin whined as Mark easily grabbed her from behind and placed a kiss on her neck.

"Still my slowest Doll aren't you Karin"
"I'm sorry Master"

He turned her one way and swatted her bum playfully.

"Go inside and get changed you're drenched"
"Master you pointed me towards the garage not the manor......."

She giggled sweetly and stood on her toes to kiss her Master's cheek then blurred inside with Herbert holding onto the hem of her shirt to keep himself from flying away.

Mark quickly turned as he heard giggling.

"I like this game! How bout you Rea~?"
"......."

He quickly chased after one blue glow but soon he was distracted as the blue split into two and he couldn't keep up. Unlike the others who hid Talia and Rea followed Mark around secretly and when he finally spotted them they would dance around his blackened vision like ghosts.

Chasing them all the way to the garden Mark growled as he once again let his girls slip away.

"Come on Master! You can do better than that!"
"Talia when I get my hands on you......."
"Ooooh I'm so scared~"

Quickly Talia blurred in front of Mark and planted a swift kiss on his lips and before he could wrap his arms around her she disappeared. He swung around as Rea tapped his shoulder but there was no way he'd be able to catch his fastest Dolls in this state.

Irritated with the floating blue souls he decided for a different approach. He took a deep breath and concentrated and opening his eyes again he was surprised that this time he could see the body outline of someone in the garden shed.

Judging by their awkward outline it had to be Faun. She always found the strangest places to hide. He blurred over and threw the door open and Faun smirked.

"MASTER LOOK OUT A SPIDER"

Just from the word Mark stumbled back uneasily and Faun crawled out of the cramp space and hugged her Master giving up the game. She rubbed her cheek against his and coo-ed sweetly.

"Awwww Master you really are scared of spiders!"

His cheeks burned as he wrapped his arms around her and he coughed uncomfortably.

"How did you know that?"
"Chrys! When she cleans she mumbles to herself and when she was cleaning the spider webs in the hallway she was concentrating so hard and saying how much you don't like them~"
"Do the others know?"
"Nope~ Chrys swore me to secrecy~"

Mark sighed in relief then turned Faun around to head back to the manor and she laughed.

"Master that's the maze, not the manor hahaha"

He grumbled under his breath annoyed and Faun patted his shoulders with a smile then blurred inside. Three down. Three to go. Mari was the first one he found, such a clever Doll, sitting in Mona's lap completely motionless and at first he thought it was just Mona sitting on the couch.....till Mari sneezed.

"Hmmm......"

There was something he couldn't ignore anymore. He hasn't played this game since he only had five Dolls but this time he felt a strange tingling in his body. Walking around the top floor of the manor he felt this faint pulling sensation.

When he looked around he didn't see anything but he thought maybe this time he should follow this feeling he had.

"FU......"
"Master watch your language"

Blurring inside Mark accidentally rammed into the stair railing causing it to shatter and Lillith swatted his arm to stop the profanity leaving his lips.

"I'll fix that once the game is over Lillith"
"Of course you will because I'm not doing it"

Mark chuckled at his head maid's sass then ventured up the stairs. There it was again, that faint pulling sensation. Talia and Rea blurred behind him and watched as their Master walked around stiffly with his head turning in all directions.

"Master it's more fun to play outside......"
"Shhh......do you know where Chrysalis is?"
"Yes we do and if we're being honest, you're kinda sorta close~"

Talia giggled and playfully butted shoulders with Rea who nodded her head in agreement.

"Don't worry Master~ You'll find her! Just keep your head up~"
"Thank you for the vote of confidence ladies"

Mark was once again left alone and he closed his eyes and upon opening them again he winced at gaining his sight back. He blinked away the brightness and stretched his body and was surprised he still felt that pulling sensation.

Did he always feel this and only just notice it now?

Following the pull he ended up in front of Chrysalis' room and he opened the door and entered the vacant space. The feeling was stronger here and Mark frowned.

He vaguely remembered reading about something like this in the Demon Deity book.......maybe he should finally open it instead of using it as a coaster for his morning coffee.

He opened the arched window and inhaled the fresh air. The skies were clear and the ravens were flying in the sky and Talia's words echoed in his head.

You'll find her....just keep your head up

Mark tilted his head upwards toward the roof and he felt the pull even more. He climbed the vines growing on the side of the window, watching his footing as he scaled the building and as he arrived at the top the pull vanished.

Chrysalis was so busy admiring the view she didn't even notice her Master till she jumped as he tapped her shoulder.

"Have you always been here?"

He sat down on the edge next to her, swinging his leg freely on the side of the building and she nodded happily. Smart girl, he never thought of looking up while playing this game.

"Did you catch the others?"

She questioned and the two looked down at the ground floor where Talia was looking up at them hopping in place and blowing raspberries teasingly while Rea knelt by the bush and smelled the roses.

"Does that answer your question?"
"Hahaha they learn from you Master~ They don't play fair~"
"YES WE DO!"

Talia yelled up and Chrys stuck her tongue out playfully.

"COME ON MASTER I'M NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER HERE!"
"You're not getting any older either"

He shook his head and closed his eyes to blind his vision. Chrys smiled and lifted his arm to give him a high five making him flinch.

"You can do it Master I believe in you"
"Thank you Pretty"

He waved his hand around in the air clumsily trying to find her face among the blue glow surrounding her and she giggled and grabbed it and placed it on her cheek. His inner Demon snapped it's head up as the warmth of her face traveled through his body. 

It reminded it of it's dream, the feeling of being enveloped and at peace. The Demon first growled but then relaxed and it's eyes glowed even brighter as it began to enjoy the feeling.

Mark stood on the ledge and looked down at the two clear glowing souls and he chuckled as he sensed Chrys' fear spike from him standing on a dangerous place.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN MASTER!"
"Huh?"

Mark was shocked. As Talia and Rea separated he could clearly see a faint blue trail of where they once were. Following the trails he easily found the two girls blurring around and he looked down at Chrysalis in disbelief.

"What's wrong Master?"
"......it's nothing....."

He jumped from the roof top and in no time at all Talia screamed as she was finally caught by her Master and Rea soon followed.


"STOP IT MASTER! I'M SORRY FOR TEASING!"

Mark laughed as he had Talia slung over his shoulder and he continued to spank her bum playfully making her whine.

Mari, Faun, Mona, and Karin looked up from the table in the living room where they were enjoying a cup of tea.

"Wow that was quick Master"

Faun's eyes widened in surprise and without looking she placed another biscuit in .

Mona raised an eyebrow as Mark placed Talia down and she grumbled embarrassedly under her breath. The Marionette gave him a questioning look and his eyes narrowed and she smirked in realization.

"Wow you caught them and there's still some sun out. Congratulations Master."
"Thank you Mari"
"Excuse me all, supper is ready"

Lillith bowed from the kitchen and the girls ran excitedly to the table with Rea walking gracefully behind them. Mona stood from the couch and dusted her dress then clasped her hands in front of her.

"Where's Chrysalis?"

Mark stiffened from her question. There it was again, that faint buzzing in his body. That pull.

"Master are you alright?"
"Yes I'm fine. I'll go fetch her."

He blurred up the stairs following the faint pull and Mona giggled and shook her head.

Mark was dumbfounded as he arrived on the roof where Chrysalis was preparing her sleeping bag. Again as soon as he arrived the pull vanished completely.

She was spreading out the now clean blankets they had used in the alley and even had the crank lamp by her side. Mark smiled as she grunted while belly flopping to spread the blanket to the other side.

"Pretty it's time for supper"
"I'll....be....right.....there"

She squirmed around flattening her space then stood up and she gasped as Mark blurred right in front of her and his speed whipped up a wind that ruffled her hair.

"Are you planning on sleeping out here? Is it too hot in your room?"
"No Master I just thought it'd be more fun out here you know?"

Chrysalis turned and glared at her little area and her body stiffened with her eyes becoming life less as Mark activated her. He smirked, exploring her thoughts then released her. He snapped his fingers transforming her area into exactly what she was envisioning.

A hammock with a wooden frame, swaying lightly in the breeze with her blankets and things placed comfortably on top. He leaned his head on her shoulder expecting her to be smiling from ear to ear but instead she looked at it with furrowed brows.

"What is it Chrysalis?"
"I didn't ask you to do that Master"
"I know that's why I did it."

She faced him and bowed her head respectfully and her voice was serious.

"Please change it back"

Mark's eyes widened in surprise and he combed his fingers through his hair.

"What? Why? It was nothing"
"It was magic Master. In life you don't just get things by magic."

He furrowed his brows then wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to his chest.

"Well you're in MY life now and you can get things by magic. And besides I refuse to change it back so.....HA!"

He stuck his tongue out teasingly and Chrysalis rolled her eyes. The cute act made Mark burry his face in her neck and blow on it playfully making farting noises. She whacked his chest softly and ran towards the door to go downstairs and he smiled on fondly.

She was in his life.

"Master you should sleep in my bed next!"
"Why should he sleep on your pink cushion when he can sleep on a cloud with me??"
"You're both wrong he wants to sleep in the trees with me~"
"My bookcase has room for you too Master"

The table was bustling with conversation and Chrys smiled on and ate her steak quietly. She never knew that the Master never slept in the Dolls' beds before until he slept in hers.

It was always them falling asleep in his bed, or if they had fallen asleep somewhere he would tuck them into their beds but he would never dare sleep in their beds with them. He thought it was their special place just for them.

Mark yelped as Mona came into the kitchen and dropped the brown leather book on his lap that had been sitting on his desk since he got it. Jaebeom would not be happy there's a coffee ring stain on the aged cover.

"When do you even plan on reading it Master?"

She asked seriously and he pouted and stabbed his steak with his fork and knife bringing another tender piece to his mouth.

"Eventually......."

Mona's eyes lit up and she spoke with her Master in his head where the others wouldn't be able to hear their conversation.

"In light of today's events I do insist you read it soon"
"Since you know so much more than I do why don't you just read the book to me instead hahaha?"
"Master"
"I'll get to it Mona I promise. Now will you please just sit and enjoy dinner with us?"

She sighed and sat next to her Master and Karin raised her hand cutely.

"Master what's that book? Is it a picture book?"
"No Karin it's not."
"It's obviously a ......"

Talia snickered as the girls choked on their food and she apologized as Mona glared at her. Mark wiped his mouth with his napkin and chuckled.

"I see where your head is Talia. To my room after dinner."
"Yay♥"
"I didn't know Master read books. Is it a romance novel?"

Mari asked as she brought her cup to her lips and Mark shrugged his shoulders.

"In a sense I guess"
"Can we read it?"
"No. Now enough about the book and finish your dinner"

The girls changed into their nightwear and were brushing their teeth in the bathroom quietly until Mari broke the silence with foamy.

"Why do you think Master is reading a romance novel?"

Faun shrugged her shoulders and spat rather unlady like into the sink.

"You're the love expert what do you think?"

Mari wiped with her small pink towel then looked over at Chrysalis who was helping Karin give Herbert a bath in the sink.

"Honestly? Maybe it has something to do with him sleeping in Chrys' bed?"

Chrysalis looked up from her name being mentioned and tilted her head to the side curiously.

"Has Master been acting strange around you Chrys?"
"Not that I know of."
"Has he been looking at you strange? Does he hang around you more often?"
"You make it sound like Master's a pedo stalker or something hahaha"
"Hush Faun I'm enjoying the peace of Talia not being here so keep your mouth shut"

Wrapping Herbert in a towel and holding him to her chest Karin mumbled.

"Maybe Master likes Chrysalis?"
"I would hope he likes me if not I wouldn't be a very good Doll....."

The girls whipped their heads around to look at oblivious Chrysalis who stared back at them with innocent rounded eyes.

"Not like that Chrys! Like actually LIKE you. Ughhhhh you're so naive!!!"

The girls giggled as Mari complained dramatically and crossed her arms and they all turned towards the door where Rea was standing with Mona.

"What are you all talking about?"
"Master Mark and his secret book"
"KARIN!"
"What? We can't lie to Miss Mona, she knows everything"

The girls thought for a moment then nodded their heads in a agreement. She was like their mother and mothers knew all. Mona smiled warmly and motioned for the girls to head to their beds but she stopped Chrysalis before leaving.

"Yes Miss Mona?"
"It's nothing Dear. I just wanted to make sure you remember the rules."
"Which one?"
"The one I stress the most Chrysalis"
"Oh. We must not fall in love with the Master. It'll be no good for either of us"

Mona nodded and pulled her in for a hug. She kissed the top of her head and rested her chin there while sighing.


Chrysalis stopped cranking her lamp when the moon appeared fully over head and she was mesmerized by the sight. Big, round, full and blue, seeing the majestic moon like this was magic in itself.

Sitting up and wrapping herself in her blanket she smiled dreamily and reached an arm up playfully. It looked so close that you could just grab it straight out of the sky and the thought made her giggle.

The moon was so bright it made the surrounding sky almost appear purple. Purple and black and every inch dotted with twinkling stars she thanked the Demon realm for being so beautiful.

She placed her chin on her knees and sighed. She knew it was wrong but deep down inside she was wishing Master Mark would be by her side right now and enjoying the view.

He would tell her more stories about his life and the wonders of the magical world and she would lay her head in his lap and close her eyes as he tangled his fingers gently into her hair.

The thought made her stomach flutter and blood rush to her cheeks and she shook her head bashfully. Suddenly she looked up and surveyed her surroundings. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up and she couldn't shake this feeling she was being watched.

"Is anyone there?"

She called out but there was no reply other than the rustle of trees swaying in the breeze. It was late, no one would be awake at this time. Maybe it was just her imagination?

Cautiously she walked backwards towards the exit and once on the other side of the door she breathed a sigh of relief. Heading to the kitchen for a snack to enjoy she halted at the entrance and her eyes widened.

There was a girl standing in the middle of the kitchen, no older than her, illuminated by the moonlight streaming in from the glass door.

She was looking up in thought. She was wearing a black and white polka dot puffy clown outfit. Her collar and the cuffs of her sleeves were lace triangles and she had a jester style hat on her head with bells on the tips.

Her hair was jet black and she had a thick fringe. Her skin was pale and her eye was foggy with a yellow star with a black outline painted on her face along with a black tear drop. Looking closer her eye was faintly glowing.....

Chrysalis gasped and the hairs on her neck stood up alertly and her body erupted in goose bumps.

Her eyes were faintly glowing silver.

Hearing her faint sound the girl's eyeball eyed her from the side and her hauntingly soft voice giggled.

"I....found....you"

Chrysalis screamed in terror and dropped to the floor as the girl turned towards her. One half of her was that of a normal human but the other half was something out of a nightmare. Her hair on this side was platinum, tangled and mangled, and in place of her eye was a giant black hole with a single dot of silver shining in the center.

Her lips stretched unnaturally far up her face as she smiled revealing razor sharp teeth. The skin of her face cracked and it looked almost painful and the side of her neck was missing skin and you could clearly see spikes poking out of the flesh.

Her shoulder was covered in blood and her clawed hand gripped tightly around a giant blade laced with dried blood. It giggled demonically at her and Chrysalis' blood ran cold as it started to sing.

La la la la lalala la la


Mark tossed in his sleep, subconsciously clutching at his chest and he grumbled. Becoming conscious he could feel the pull again but it was a lot weaker and as quickly as it came it vanished.

Later on his heart hammered and he sat up alertly as he heard a blood curdling scream from the kitchen and he immediately blinded his vision and looked down towards the floor.

He could see his soul resonating from one of his Dolls and hesitantly he dared think of...her....and he immediately jumped out of bed as he felt that pull coming from them.

His hearing spiked, his eyes blazed, and he snarled as he heard that sound that haunted his dreams night after night.

La La La la lalala la la

He roared and the force shook the manor completely. With his magic he opened a hole in his floor and descended into it and he landed right in between Chrysalis and the Demonic Rogue Doll that he's been searching for.

"Master!"

Chrysalis cried but he didn't look back at her and instead crouched and prepared to attack. The Rogue Doll giggled and flew into the air with her voice screeching.

"La la la POP GOES THE WEASEL♥ LET'S PLAY!!!!"

Chrys gasped as the Doll struck Mark in the arm, the razor sharp blade slicing off his skin revealing the smooth white bone underneath. The girls had woken up and rushed down the stairs with their eyes rounded in fear and Mona blurred quickly and pulled Chrysalis out of the way of a blow from the clown's blade.

The blade had cut through the floor and she looked up and smirked with drool spilling from her fangs. Suddenly her eyes rounded and she gasped as Mark grabbed her by the collar and threw her to the other side of the room causing the wall to crumble.

"Cover your eyes!"

Mona yelled but it was too late. Mark's body began to glow blue. He grew in size with his skin ripping apart as he stood on all fours. His arms blew up revealing giant monstrous arms that were as thick as three oak tree trunks with rock like spikes sticking out of them making them look like jagged mountains and his claws dug into the floor.

His back tore apart revealing a black scaly hide with spikes shooting out of his spine. His tail whipped out, spiked and thick and powerful with a round ball at the tip covered in spikes and he pounded it into the ground making tiles fly everywhere.

As he roared his face contorted and transformed completely into something animalistic, a monster. It was black with a muzzle and a nose like a bull that blew out hot air.

His eye sockets became bigger holes and in the center were his piercing blue eyes that blazed brightly. Saliva dripped from his razor sharp fangs as he roared mightily with his horns erupting from the top of his head.

Long, massive, black and bull like they curved at the ends and the mighty Demon shook it's head aggressively. Not counting the tips of the horns the Demon was at least 10 feet tall, it's body scaly and covered with what looked like jagged rocks from a volcano.

The cracks in it's gigantic arms glowed blue and the manor shook violently as it pounded it's fists to the floor. It's clawed hind legs tensed and sprung forward as it charged. Grabbing the Doll in it's teeth it slammed her continuously into the floor making the girl cough up blood, the sound of her bones shattering echoing in the air.

She teleported to grab her blade and lunged at the Demon but the blade shattered against it's thick arms and she screamed as the shards flew and sliced her cheek open spraying blood everywhere.

The exhausted Doll with her eyes blazing teleported from place to place weakly and dragged her body on the floor away from the Demon who her blood from it's mouth and growled at her.

She looked up towards the Dolls standing petrified in the entrance way then back at the Demon who was slowly stalking towards her as if she were prey.

Memories of her past life flashed in her mind and she smiled fondly of her memories with her Master. The day he found her, the day he dressed her up, the day he forged her blade, all to the day he abandoned her when he found someone new to play with.

Her eyes stopped glowing. One eye looked in one direction and the other twitched uncontrollably.

With tears streaming down her face and a sad smile she sat up, wincing as her broken arm bent in gruesome ways and she held her arms open to the Demon in front of her.

"Master...."

She coo-ed softly, her voice cracking from her sobs and in a split second the Demon had it's massive claws around her head. It lifted her squirming body off the floor, her screams were muffled and her hands were bleeding as she clawed at the hand suffocating her.

Blood began to ooze through it's finger tips and fell to the floor in a puddle. The gut churning sound of the Doll's skull being crushed was almost deafening and soon the body became limp and hung lifelessly in it's grasp.

It tossed the girl's corpse through the glass doors and roared proudly, banging it's fists on the ground.

"Master....."

Mona whispered weakly and the Demon turned it's head towards the kitchen entrance and snarled menacingly, it's fangs gleaming in the moonlight. The girls were mortified. They were pale, covered in sweat, their eyes blood shot and their bodies shook uncontrollably from fear.

Their breathing was shallow and as the Demon took a step closer the girls screamed and ran away terrified, all except Chrysalis. Mona was going to go after the girls but her eyes widened in alarm as Chrysalis walked slowly towards the brooding Demon.

Mona couldn't make any sudden movements, there was no telling how the Demon would react so she watched terrified, her hands shaking and ready to sacrifice herself if necessary.

Chrysalis stood in front of the massive being and looked up at the monster that was breathing heavily. Through her tear ridden eyes she could clearly see the cerulean blue eyes glaring at her.

It growled as she took a step closer and she froze. Taking in a deep breath she approached again and this time the Demon snarled warningly and Mona gasped.

"Chrysalis don't!"

Chrys held a hand out and slowly approached the Demon and her breathing stilled as she finally made contact with the rough rock like exterior of it's forearms. Mona gasped as the Demon roared and raised it's other arm in the air but it froze in it's tracks as Chrysalis hugged it.

She wrapped her arms around it's arm and placed her cheek gently against it and she shushed it soothingly. The Demon blinked, it's blazing eyes dimming and it slowly brought it's other arm down.

Slowly and carefully it curled itself in, wrapping it's tail around it's body and lowering it's head while purring till Chrysalis was safely enveloped completely by the Demon and the two stayed there basking in the light of the blue moon.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: We reached my favorite part of the story TAT♥ Chrysalis appeasing the beast, my favorite scene ughhhh my feels -falls over- The poor girls were completely mortified oh no! Even Rea! Brave impassive Rea! So much gore during the fight I almost felt bad as the Rogue Doll cried ;_; What's gonna happen now!? See you all next week for another Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play??

PS# You know how at the end of a show or anime they play some badass appropriate song after a major happening? I recommend listening to Kobushi Factory "Survivor" either during or after reading the end. Trust me. You will get some major feels. Trust Author-nim I'd never lie to you guys \o/♥